Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You know I proudly donated.

As for perspective...I was stopped on the street today by a very nice girl trying to get me to join and donate to The Nature Conservancy. I turned them down.

Reactions: norwegianislander

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
If anyone has any way that that letter can get greater exposure, let me know. I would like for it to make its way outside the Twittersphere.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Very nicely done. Total respect. I actually was coming here now to post your letter.

Can I ask how much Newsday wanted for a full-age ad and also why they declined you?

Approximately $35k. I actually didn't call, my buddy called (@Islanders1932 ) before I even woke up this morning. He was told that this is not an advertisement, so they would not sell ad space for it. I'm pretty sure we could have raised the money with how pissed everyone is, but c'est la vie.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Approximately $35k. I actually didn't call, my buddy called (@Islanders1932 ) before I even woke up this morning. He was told that this is not an advertisement, so they would not sell ad space for it. I'm pretty sure we could have raised the money with how pissed everyone is, but c'est la vie.

So when you see a team owner post a full-page letter in a newspaper that constitutes an "advertisement?"

Anyway if you need any help with ANYTHING to help with this mission, you let me know. I'm prepared to do whatever I can to help get the team I love a GM that can win us a Cup.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I really hope the Rags score first tomorrow. The SMG chants will be deafening.

I totally hear you and can you believe it's come to this...? Some Isles fans rooting against the Isles/for the rangers because the owner who claims everything the Isles do will be "first-class" on his watch needs to be called out for doing anything but that in his front office?

Reactions: Eberzal

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I totally hear you and can you believe it's come to this...? Some Isles fans rooting against the Isles/for the rangers because the owner who claims everything the Isles do will be "first-class" on his watch needs to be called out for doing anything but that in his front office?
Ledecky has to decide between Snow or the fans. He can’t have both anymore.

Reactions: xECK29x

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Imagine if crowdfunding had been a thing back in the Milbury days? NYI fans would have shattered all kinds of records raising money to get rid of that scourge.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
pathetic and embarrassing, sure to continue the Islanders as the laughing stock that they are and ensure no FA is going to want to come here and definitely no respectable GM is going to want to GM here, we should only hope this pathetic and embarrassing Billboard is never going to happen

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
when you have a business with a co owner, and you convince him to let you be a co owner...you have to agree to things you dont want. Its not a mystery that Wang loves snow.. i posted a link this week to a newsday article with wang saying he loves snow from 2 years ago. you got new owners who dont get involved in changing the hockey team. any grown adult who lives in the business world knows there is some sort of agreement either handshkae or writte where ledecky wont touch the front office created by charles. it is possible that not many NHL teams were for sale and ledecky agreed to weird stuff. just put 2 and 2 together. Now if your not the type to think the worst of anyone than the alternative is ledecky thinks snow isbthe genius that wang thinks he is. If thats the case...if two millionaire owners in a row think snow isna hockeybgenius then maybe its time to be happy with snow. maybe snow is the genius keeping us from being arizona.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016

anyone who is rooting against the Islanders is not an actual fan

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
i said 8 years ago a smart business guy should put together a group of fans to but the team...if you get 50 thousand people to invest different amounts and earn more shares per amount....you could possibly have real fans owning the team. at the end of the day losers have been ruining the islanders for decades. milstein...Wang...Ledecky..none of these guys knew hockey..none cared about winning...they all had agendas different than most fans...The loser owners really need to take a hike I think there enough money on long island to raise 300 million and have a normal organization. the isles are worth 300 million with owners that never care about winning or low attendance issues. Imagine what they would be worth with a owner who has his own soul mates and is not in love with his GM? And cates about winning? doubling the fan base? with no nepotism?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Anyone defending Snow is not an actual fan

not defending him, only saying this idiotic Billboard campaign is counter productive, and if someone is actually rooting for the opposing team to score on the Islanders, THEY are not an actual fan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00