Famous hockey photos

Wetcoaster

First_Stanley_Cup.jpg

the montreal amateur athletic association wins the first stanley cup in 1893
The Winged Wheelers and the inspiration for the Detroit Red Wings logo. James Norris had been a member of the MAAA before becoming a millionaire and buying the Detroit NHL franchise born as the Cougars (transplanted from Victoria) and then the Falcons before becoming the Red Wings.
http://proicehockey.about.com/od/history/a/red_wing_origin.htm

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
From the Richard riot, smoke from a tear gas canister clears the area of the Montreal Forum where fans had earlier pelted then league president Clarence Campbell with eggs.

Riot1.jpg

puckhead103*

From the Richard riot, smoke from a tear gas canister clears the area of the Montreal Forum where fans had earlier pelted then league president Clarence Campbell with eggs.

Riot1.jpg
here is more:

Fan Attacking Campbell During Richard Riot, NHL President:
83596617.jpg

Hades

Apr 12, 2009
et24913-1.jpg

Didn't find a colored one but this is pretty classic.

j.s.-giguere.jpg

I always feel bad when I see this.

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.

Riot1.jpg

When was this? Why did it happen?

j.s.-giguere.jpg

I always feel bad when I see this.[/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance but porque?

thefifthsedin*

01.stanley-cup.jpg

jean-beliveau-toe-blake.jpg

Tigers-1924-25.jpg

hamilton tigers, 1924-25

the guy on the left wonders where his eyes are ...

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
42665620.gif

Tried to find the picture of Uwe Krupp twirling the noosed penguin stuffed animal after an overtime win during the 1993 playoffs, but couldn't locate any.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Howie Morenz funeral.....
208b.jpg

200px-HowieMorenz19291930.jpg

Morenz Death Bed
Morenz_Death_Bed_medium.jpg

My very favorite photo is of Cecil Hart and Aurel Joliat in the Habs dressing room, Morenz's empty stall between them, a ray of light shining in the window. A very haunting photograph. It is in that 'hockey a peoples history' book. I bought a (the?) original a few years back, and it hangs on my office wall. I'm not a Habs fan, but it is the most expensive hockey item i have ever purchased, and I wouldn't sell it for five times what I paid. I will take a snapshot on monday and post it here. Of all hockey lore, I think the Morenz story is the greatest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad