Famous hockey photos

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
Post some famous hockey photographs here. Just remember, these aren't images of famous hockey events necessarily, but its the photographs themselves that are famous for capturing that right moment in time. Try to also limit the photos to 3 or 4 per thread because too many photos on a page makes it difficult to upload.

This grin I guarantee is a grin that almost everyone in hockey would kill to have (due to what is underneath the grin).
photo-3.jpg

The Green-Maki infamous stick swinging incident.
Green-Maki.jpg

And the goal.
05.10.jpg

Last edited:

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
My fave is the one of Eddie Shack when he was with Buffalo, climbing up the back of a Seals player, Doug Jarrett I think. I don't know how to attach pics but I'm sure someone will know which one I'm talking about and post it.

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
My fave is the one of Eddie Shack when he was with Buffalo, climbing up the back of a Seals player, Doug Jarrett I think. I don't know how to attach pics but I'm sure someone will know which one I'm talking about and post it.

shack.jpg

You attach an image by right clicking on the picture or if you have a mac pressing ctrl and then clicking on the picture and selecting "copy image address" then you can paste the address here and put
around it or just press the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply text box (it's a picture of a little mountain) and paste the web address in there

Howe with a young Gretzky is pretty iconic.

024_10415A_med.jpeg

Rocket Richard/Sugar Henry post game handshake is my favorite.

1952_sugar_jim_rocket.jpg

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
henderson.jpg

The most famous photo in Vancouver Canucks history:

Lindenmclean1994.jpg

A more modern version would probably be:

3663732186_b26414e82c.jpg

Also worth noting that the first result on Google images for "famous hockey photos" is the picture of Orr. Not surprising in the least.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I like the '72 and '80 pics the best. They capture two of the best moments that can happen, scoring a huge goal and pulling an unforseen upset on your main rival.

jacketracket*

Jeez ... some good stuff in here. Haven't had a chance to go through them all yet.

That ice-level shot of Richard has always been a personal favorite of mine.

And what was the story behind that picture of Howe and Gretzky?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad