The Official Tank Thread / Draft Lottery Thread

Where to the habs end up in the standings?

• Total voters

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I kind of said it the wrong way. I'm not too high on Zadina compared to Dahlin and Svechnikov. Otherwise, he is an excellent option at 3. I have Wahlstrom ahead by a bit right now, but that could very well change by draft time.

I share the same opinion. If the Rangers were picking at 6 and REALLY wanted Zadina at 3(our pick) I would entertain the idea of trading down as they have some 1sts available. Coming out of the 1st with Wahlstrom(6) and Kravstov(Rangers 1st) would be awesome. Even though trading down from top picks rarely occur, last year Knights were going to do 6+2nd(could have been their better or worse 2nd) for 5. They backed out once they knew who the Canucks were taking. Also, weren't the Bruins packaging their 1sts to get a top pick in 2015? I think they did but it also fell apart last second.

Yeah, I am very high on Kravstov. I also think you are correct on the timeline of events with Boston.

@WeThreeKings - Yeah, I just saw that. Hopefully 14 other GMs have Tkachuk at #2 if we end up picking #3.

I like Hayton, but not sure about being a top-10 option...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Tkachuk at no.2 is insanity.

Wahlstrom is almost a full year younger than he is and when you look at both of their actual 17 year old production, he almost doubles it against the USHL.

Sandin over Smith... ok.

There's some good in that list, but there's a some god awful too.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Even though Button's list has questionable rankings, I like seeing lists like his which has guys higher/lower than people expect as opposed to rankings that usually have the same guys just moved around a few spots.

He's been way off before rating Fucale ridiculously high and I remember he had Boeser I believed 9th while most rankings had him in the 20s.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Question:

Can someone explain to me how the lottery system works exactly?

Every team that misses the playoffs has odds to win the 1st overall pick, starting at 18% for the last team in overall standings to 1% for the 15th from last ranked team.

The maximum amount of places you can lose compared to your actual position in the standings is 3, since there's only a lottery for the top 3 overall picks. Meaning Arizona, who are currently ranked 31st overall, could pick 4th overall at the lowest.

Right now we're 6th from last, which means we have 7.6% chance of winning the 1st overall pick. We could be picking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th as of right now.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
After Dahlin, which guys best project to jump right into the NHL?

I'd be surprised if Dahlin could jump straight into NHL, he's 17 right now and defense takes longer to develop than for instance if he was a winger. The pressure on him is right now very high and will be monumental if he goes to a place like Montreal and I want him to go there. In AZ he might be able to because hardly anyone watches hockey but when it comes to Montreal which is the Mecca of hockey I have doubts. I heard that Hedman was heavily criticized when he came over.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Wahlstrom, Bouchard or Dahlin. One of the three and I'll be insanely happy. Gotta say, Bouchard numbers are mindblowing. Nearly 100 points for a defenseman when his next teammate barely has 50pts.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Wahlstrom, Bouchard or Dahlin. One of the three and I'll be insanely happy. Gotta say, Bouchard numbers are mindblowing. Nearly 100 points for a defenseman when his next teammate barely has 50pts.
Find a way to draft Svech/Zadina and Bouchard/Boqvist.
Dangle anything

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Svechnikov would be amazing , he reminds me of a more balanced Kovalchuk minus the ridiculous wrister. Kovy was a better shooter for sure but Svech has that elite skating.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Svechnikov would be amazing , he reminds me of a more balanced Kovalchuk minus the ridiculous wrister. Kovy was a better shooter for sure but Svech has that elite skating.
Bergevin would have a panic attack if Svech becomes a star, especially on a line with Galchenyuk and Scherback.

Reactions: King In Glory

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I mean Svech has 40 goals in 44 games. He can definitely score goals in any way.

Kovalchuk was a perrenial 40+ goal scorer , Svech can score and I am sure will score some nice ones during his career but I just can't compare his wrister to Kovalchuk. Easy to forget what essentially was one of the most dominant goal scorers of the 2000s. Only better scorer suring his time was of 2005 when Ovy came along , prime Ovy was a monster.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Kovalchuk was a perrenial 40+ goal scorer , Svech can score and I am sure will score some nice ones during his career but I just can't compare his wrister to Kovalchuk. Easy to forget what essentially was one of the most dominant goal scorers of the 2000s. Only better scorer suring his time was of 2005 when Ovy came along , prime Ovy was a monster.
I can definitely see Svech hitting 40+ even without the fact that he doesn't have a Kovy wrister.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad