FA/Trade Thread 2014-15 Season V.12 - Who stays and who goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Reimer to the Preds makes some sense ... Dubnyk got an unconditional 3rd rounder (pending UFA?) - is Reimer (signed through next season) more valuable? I'd love to get Nashville's 2nd rounder, but I'd take a 3rd

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Reimer to the Preds makes some sense ... Dubnyk got an unconditional 3rd rounder (pending UFA?) - is Reimer (signed through next season) more valuable? I'd love to get Nashville's 2nd rounder, but I'd take a 3rd

Mazanec was sent back to Milwaukee today...Rinne is back. No need for Reimer in Nashville esp for a 2nd

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada

Value for goalies is hard to predict. Very fluid values, how Burke traded Berra and got a 2nd was shocking. I think the only way we can get the 2nd for Reimer is if a team panics. I dont know if trading Reimer for less makes sense either, given the quality of prospect we will probably get and that we dont have any solid G in our system to replace him right now.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Lebrun -

When we spoke with Nashville Predators general manager David Poile last month, he said a top-six forward would be his priority ahead of the March 2 trade deadline.

Just what exactly he will do remains to be seen, but word is the veteran Nashville hockey man is calling around quite a bit.

"David, I think, wants to go for it, that’s the sense I get," one Eastern Conference team executive told ESPN.com Tuesday.

That’s par for the course. If you go back to the Peter Forsberg trade years ago or even just a few years earlier bringing back Alexander Radulov (OK, that didn’t work, but ...), Poile has shown he’s not scared to go for it when he feels his team has a shot. And these Predators have shown this season they are indeed for real.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/
Nashv has lots of cap space

Wow I didn't know they could actually house Kessel without even giving salary back.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Have a feeling Kane + Toronto media would be a disaster. Plus he doesn't scream character guy, and aren't we trying to get away from poor character?

Kane to me has not taken that next step you want to see. He is a passenger on a team led by Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Buff with Scheifele and Trouba in the wings (not to mention their World Jr. contingent). It is easy to see why Kane is expendable, and we should not be looking for expendables (unless there is a weird circumstance).

kane smells like kessel 2.0,

no thank you

unless it's a theft of a trade.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
kane smells like kessel 2.0,

no thank you

unless it's a theft of a trade.

I would do Kane for Lupul straight up or a slight + due to age difference and injury proneness of Lupul.

The kid is 23 years old and eventually the mature and once he does he could be a very good 2nd line winger with Kadri and Nylander.

Money is the same so take a flier

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I would do Kane for Lupul straight up or a slight + due to age difference and injury proneness of Lupul.

The kid is 23 years old and eventually the mature and once he does he could be a very good 2nd line winger with Kadri and Nylander.

Money is the same so take a flier

Who wouldn't? Large gap in respective values between an Evander Kane and a Joffrey Lupul. We'd need to add a good prospect at least.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Id do Kessel + Winnik for E.Kane + Petan... Maybe try to land their 1st somehow

No to Kane. Enough baggage (right or wrong, just or unjust) players.
Draft.
Draft.
Draft.
Lets stop trading for what we think are other players stars because those teams are looking to trade them because of issues.
We need character. Strong character with skill.
We need to learn something from the past 10 years.
We'd be better off with a team of Winniks/Santorellis and Rielly/Nylander.
Start drafting and stop the quick fix.
This is patience for a rebuild.

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
Guessing Kane would take something along the lines of Gardiner + Percy + 2nd basing on the Pitt offer.

Gardiner = Bennett
Percy = harrington

Closest I could come up with in value. Not saying I would do it, just what it would take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad