FA/Trade Thread 2014-15 Season V.12 - Who stays and who goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Franson turned down multi year deal worth 4.6M a season

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/690855

MOD NOTE:

Per board rules you MUST have a source for rumours. "Im hearing talk of" and "a little birdie told me" or "my dads best friends nieces cousins roommate knows so and so in the NHL and they said this" dont count.

If you have a source who isnt publically known and wish to post what you hear, you will need admin permission to do so. PM me or another mod and we will connect you for verification.

We currently have one confirmed insider on this board. Those of you familiar with this thread will know who that it is. Don't bother asking his source as the mods dont even know who it is. Thats between him and the board admins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Letting your lame duck GM hand out multi-year deals? sounds like the Leafs to me. Re-signing Franson after trying to deal him and when this team desperately needs a rebuild and picks is absolutely insane.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Letting your lame duck GM hand out multi-year deals? sounds like the Leafs to me. Re-signing Franson after trying to deal him and when this team desperately needs a rebuild and picks is absolutely insane.

Just trade the guy. This organization can't help itself. If there was no cap they would spend $90M and still barely scrape into the playoffs

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
The Leafs better get some picks for Franson and some of our other players that are on their way out. None of this letting assets walking for nothing that the Leafs have been doing in the past.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
The phanuef speculation doesn't make sense because they are looking for cap relief like someone mentioned

What are the other 2 to 3 mill contracts leafs have? Go for a couple more years?

Robidas? Any forwards?

Robidas for richards +

Franson and 2 mill contract for Richards +

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
OF course they would do this. Year after year the team finds new ways to collapse and year after year management decides that these very same players need to be a part of the core moving forward by paying them lots of money for long term.

The lack of success isn't a problem with the depth players yet they are the ones that are constantly being reshuffled.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
The one where you are rebuilding an can get more for an asset by taking on cap space

If you can get a top 20 pick in a deep draft + a good prospect for a pending ufa

But you won't because they won't give you that for a pending FA. And, do you have any idea how messed up our team would be financially with Richards and Clarkson contracts? Yikes.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
But you won't because they won't give you that for a pending FA. And, do you have any idea how messed up our team would be financially with Richards and Clarkson contracts? Yikes.

If the team is built with. Young player elc and 2nd contracts it doesn't matter

The next 4 years aren't going. To be cap ceiling years.

But I'm assuming they do agree to that deal. I don't do something like that unless the over payment

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can we just... like... gut this team all ready? Please ship off the mess before they get injured.

Get the young players ice time. Just ****ing do it all ready.

I can't watch these emotionless games with a bunch of millionaires that can't score or play a high energy game. I don't care if we don't score for the rest of the year with a few youngsters, at least I'll be able to watch some of these players.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Kadri and Bozak are non-existent, Holland is the only centre doing anything for the leafs. Tired of watching these lazy bums, get a real centre and people think Richards wouldn't help? Who's doing anything out there?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Kadri and Bozak are non-existent, Holland is the only centre doing anything for the leafs. Tired of watching these lazy bums, get a real centre and people think Richards wouldn't help? Who's doing anything out there?

What makes you sure that he would, given his current NHL status with a better team?

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Who the **** thought it was a good idea to pay Franson 4.6 million a year???

He is worth a **** ton more then that so what are you *****ing about? Toronto made the best offer they could and it was turned down so now Toronto is in a trade only situation. Guys the season is only half over and Franson will be gone so have some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad