FA/Trade Thread 2014-15 Season V.11 - Trade Deadline Approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Brodeur is at tonight's game perhaps to take a look at Reimer for St Louis.

Also linked to Lupul. Maybe Lupul for Berglund+? Or looking at other players also? I doubt St.Louis has interest in Reimer. Dallas and Nashville I believe would be the top 2.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Also linked to Lupul. Maybe Lupul for Berglund+? Or looking at other players also? I doubt St.Louis has interest in Reimer. Dallas and Nashville I believe would be the top 2.

Blues can't afford Lupul with the cap going forward. It's a non-starter unless the Leafs are retaining significant salary, despite any media speculation.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Blues can't afford Lupul with the cap going forward. It's a non-starter unless the Leafs are retaining significant salary, despite any media speculation.

Which they might chose to do if it was able to up the return significantly. We aren't contending until Lupul's contract is up anyway.

Shak19

Oct 31, 2007
Toronto
Kessel for B. Ritchie, Oleksiak, Horcoff (dump)
JVR for N. Ritchie, Cogliano

Draft:
C Strome or Marner (we should be in top 5 way things are going)
C Konecny (trade our extra picks for #12-13)

Nick and Brett Ritchie should be good power forwards to go along with Strome and Konecny as our #1 and #2 centers.

Good for the rebuild.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009

Why would Dal be interested in Reimer? Lehtonen is a much better goalie. In addition he (Kari) makes over $6 million. They aren't investing almost $9 mil on goalies.

Nsh would only need Reimer for short period. Doubt they want a backup making over $2 mil sitting on the bench 80% time when Rinne is healthy

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
My goodness Rielly is playing some good hockey in Dion's absence. Probably posted in the wrong area, but wow... We are lucky to have him.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Which they might chose to do if it was able to up the return significantly. We aren't contending until Lupul's contract is up anyway.

Of course, that is certainly a possibility. I'd be very surprised if the Blues would be offering a significant return, even for Lupul at 50%. We have a lot of players due extensions in the next 18 months, even Lupul at $2.6m could be problematic in 2016/17.

If it is the Leafs the Blues are looking at, the pure rentals of Winnik and Santorelli are probably the most realistic targets.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

Draft:

Nick and Brett Ritchie should be good power forwards to go along with Strome and Konecny as our #1 and #2 centers.

Good for the rebuild.

I think Leafs lose on this.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Of course, that is certainly a possibility. I'd be very surprised if the Blues would be offering a significant return, even for Lupul at 50%. We have a lot of players due extensions in the next 18 months, even Lupul at $2.6m could be problematic in 2016/17.

If it is the Leafs the Blues are looking at, the pure rentals of Winnik and Santorelli are probably the most realistic targets.

Yes you are probably right. I wouldn't be opposed to it though I do like Santorelli. But we have nothing here for him.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

Draft:

Good for the rebuild.

awful trades for us

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Per Johnston Nonis is at the Kings-Bruins game. Definately something up with the Kings

Gotta be Phaneuf, Kings have some older defensive players and want to maintain that powerhouse level of play, Phaneuf would help turn them around.

but who comes our way? If we do take Richards, they would have to add something really good coming back with him.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Hm, well if we go one-for-one with a roster player like Berglund maybe it could work. I don't know, but there is a good market for Lupul regardless.

Why would Dal be interested in Reimer? Lehtonen is a much better goalie. In addition he (Kari) makes over $6 million. They aren't investing almost $9 mil on goalies.

Nsh would only need Reimer for short period. Doubt they want a backup making over $2 mil sitting on the bench 80% time when Rinne is healthy

Lehtonen needs a good backup. He's a much better goalie, but he gets injured a lot and I don't think he can handle a lot of games at a high level. He could benefit from a good backup. Nashville also. Rinne does get injured a fair bit, and he's only getting older. He needs a much better backup than Hutton, and I've seen GM's do some weird things.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Gotta be Phaneuf, Kings have some older defensive players and want to maintain that powerhouse level of play, Phaneuf would help turn them around.

but who comes our way? If we do take Richards, they would have to add something really good coming back with him.

I think it's a smaller deal. Thinking Forbert and/ or Nick Shore for a depth D like Robidas or Polak, or maybe a rental like Franson. Cannot see Richards trade happening.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think it's a smaller deal. Thinking Forbert and/ or Nick Shore for a depth D like Robidas or Polak, or maybe a rental like Franson. Cannot see Richards trade happening.

Could also be Clifford, Weal, Nolan or King. That's been previously rumoured. Personally, the only guys of interest in prospects that we could realistically obtain are Colin Miller, Justin Auger, Michael Mersch and Nick Ebert.

I'd only go for Richards if Clarkson is going the other way. I'm repeating that again, but I'm really serious about that.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
What about Franson for richards?

LA gets. The D help now, depending on what happens with voynov they resign franson or not

Wouldd obviously take a lot on LAs part to sell that deal

1st + Kempe? Clifford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad