FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.22, 1 Days to TDD, Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bozak/Kadri gone tonight. Calling it right now.

Wouldn't surprise me. If we get 2 firsts for them, I would do it. Always said Holland would be the last Center standing this year.

Doesn't matter, the guy we draft this summer will be the future #1 C of this team soon enough.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Wouldn't surprise me. If we get 2 firsts for them, I would do it. Always said Holland would be the last Center standing this year.

Doesn't matter, the guy we draft this summer will be the future #1 C of this team soon enough.

Yeah hopefully - the teams we've been playing lately have had some pretty poor goaltending

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Simmons actually explained that tweet on TSN Drive last night, if one listens to his explanation. It is more cloudy than a sure thing. He was just speculating based on information he was told.

Yea the tweet could mean keeping him or trading him lol

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Joffrey Lupul.
Useful offensive player when he's healthy

Gee thanks for the info
A pt per game allstar just a few yrs back
How soon they forget

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Could Leafs move Horton in another deal?

This is PURE speculation. But if the Leafs are intent on moving out more high priced contracts (Lupul, Bozak, Dion, Phil), then the cap savings they are getting from Horton is negligible. Now, we all know that we're looking for picks and prospects. But could a team currently in cap hell (LA, Boston, just as an example) be willing to move some serviceable players to the Leafs in return for Horton's cap relief? Perhaps a couple of shorter term deals that add up to 4 or 5 mil?

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
No. Well very very unlikely as I guess if Clarkson can be traded anything is possible ;). I doubt a team is willing to spend 26m over the next 5 years to get cap relief. Not to mention, for Boston having Savard AND Horton on LTIR is very difficult as their caphits together are over the max additional cap space available in the off season so they'd still be in cap hell.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Why would the Leafs trade Kadri?
-RFA
-Best possession forward
-4th in points, despite much weaker offensive linemates, secondary PP minutes, and harder zone starts than the top line

Going into this season, he had question marks on his defensive game. He's clearly worked very hard in that area. We can't sell everybody, and given his age, developing two-way ability, and the fact that he plays centre, he should definitely be a guy we keep through the rebuild. He could be our longterm #2 guy, and play as our #1 through a rebuild.

Agreed. The only thing I will say, I don't want to hand Kadri long term contract. We need to stop doing that with the exception of Rielly.

I like Kadri and would like to keep him but it would be a mistake to hand him a long term contract (not arguing with any of ur points just in general). I don't see him as a gym rat guy like Rielly who's so motivated and dedicated off the ice since his been doing it from 15 without anyone pushing him to do it.

2-4 year contract would be perfect IMO.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
So Boston's out. Is there anybody out there with deep pockets, with cap troubles, who could absorb the cash outlay (beside us, I mean)?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ah yes. If only we had the cap space to go out and sign Nick Leddy for $5.5 million a year.

All our problems solved.

:madfire: Can we just utilize our picks to build a core and then worry about adding players like that?

Like, do we have to throw assets away again for quick fixes? Can the media stop this? Cox knows better then to suggest that the cap space will be used to add another big salary.

Swayze*

Cox is just saying they can use that space when needed to sign a few good players like the Isles did. In other words, the cap space isn't useless or something like that.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I just feel so.... satisfied since Clarkson has been traded. He's literally the last guy I expected to see be traded. It's such a relief that I am not even in a rush to move Phaneuf and Kessel anymore.

Although it would be cool if we could see Bozal/Lupul/Polak traded before the deadline to get another good pick for the draft this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad