FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.22, 1 Days to TDD, Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Surprised Panik hasn't been talked about or traded

Why would we trade him? He's an RFA, not a UFA. He'll likely be getting more icetime next season, PP time, etc. And should get an opportunity to become a regular top 6-9 winger for us.

He'll be on a cheap contract, he has size/skill, and is a lot better defensively than expected when we picked him up. No reason to move him for a mid-round pick, which is all we'd get for him.

Swayze*

Why would we trade him? He's an RFA, not a UFA. He'll likely be getting more icetime next season, PP time, etc. And should get an opportunity to become a regular top 6-9 winger for us.

He'll be on a cheap contract, he has size/skill, and is a lot better defensively than expected when we picked him up. No reason to move him for a mid-round pick, which is all we'd get for him.

thought he was a ufa

makes sense

Scarbarian*

Bozak/Kadri gone tonight. Calling it right now.

Maybe and hopefully Bozak but no way Kadri goes, we have enough cap space to sign him to a reasonable contract.

I would think Kadri will only be dealt if a real good offer was presented. It would have to be something really really good coming back.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Maybe and hopefully Bozak but no way Kadri goes, we have enough cap space to sign him to a reasonable contract.

I would think Kadri will only be dealt if a real good offer was presented. It would have to be something really really good coming back.

Well of course - I wouldn't expect we'd just give Kadri (or Bozak) away.

Swayze*

haven't heard Kardri's name at all

He's not going

if we can move bozo and lupul I'll be thrilled

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
When was the last time Eklund called a Leafs rumor before it happened? Anything?

He alluded to the Clarkson deal yesterday morning although he wasn't specific. I don't buy him to be more than he even says he is which is a rumour monger but I'm just answering your question

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nonis may be on a roll now. Maybe this will be more than a Franson, Winnik, Santorelli sell off as was earlier expected.

Get the feeling anyone can be moved.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Why would the Leafs trade Kadri?
-RFA
-Best possession forward
-4th in points, despite much weaker offensive linemates, secondary PP minutes, and harder zone starts than the top line

Going into this season, he had question marks on his defensive game. He's clearly worked very hard in that area. We can't sell everybody, and given his age, developing two-way ability, and the fact that he plays centre, he should definitely be a guy we keep through the rebuild. He could be our longterm #2 guy, and play as our #1 through a rebuild.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Why would the Leafs trade Kadri?
-RFA
-Best possession forward
-4th in points, despite much weaker offensive linemates, secondary PP minutes, and harder zone starts than the top line

Going into this season, he had question marks on his defensive game. He's clearly worked very hard in that area. We can't sell everybody, and given his age, developing two-way ability, and the fact that he plays centre, he should definitely be a guy we keep through the rebuild. He could be our longterm #2 guy, and play as our #1 through a rebuild.

Yes to all. These are all exactly why another team might be prepared to offer more for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad