FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.16 - Leafs are Open For Business. UFAs Aisle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
I look at in terms of value. 5 years is too much just to be a "throw in" in any deal for Phaneuf. So it's not about how long I think the rebuild will take or whatnot.

As for your question, I am willing to take a cap dump, just not in the form of Richards. So no, I wouldn't do that deal with Kings. I would easily take a salary dump from another team if that player has 1-3 years remaining. This is assuming they won't pay extra for the cap dump.

So than you would pass on the package you would do straight up for Phanuef just because it would include Richards who's actually better than our current #1 center in Bozak... I find that interesting to say the least.

Me in a Phanuef deal as long as I get what I'm looking for I have no issues taking 5 years of Richards but hey that's me. If I can find a taker to offer what I want without a Richards than I would say you have a point to scoff which I'm sure management would do there due diligence in this regard before consummating the trade.

IMO the only importance in a Phanuef trade or any trade for that is getting what you want.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
So than you would pass on the package you would do straight up for Phanuef just because it would include Richards who's actually better than our current #1 center in Bozak... I find that interesting to say the least.

Me in a Phanuef deal as long as I get what I'm looking for I have no issues taking 5 years of Richards but hey that's me. If I can find a taker to offer what I want without a Richards than I would say you have a point to scoff which I'm sure management would do there due diligence in this regard before consummating the trade.

IMO the only importance in a Phanuef trade or any trade for that is getting what you want.

Well you have you're opinion and I have mine.

I think Richards is DONE also imo.

I get what your saying, I just think we can get that type of return for Phaneuf without taking on 5 year dump. I don't get why Kings shouldn't pay extra if we're taking Richards. I've never once said that I wouldn't TAKE Richards in any Phaneuf deal, I just said we need to be compensated for it.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

Is that not an indictment on our current centers and not a valid point of proof of Richards ability?

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Well you have you're opinion and I have mine.

I think Richards is DONE also imo.

I get what your saying, I just think we can get that type of return for Phaneuf without taking on 5 year dump. I don't get why Kings shouldn't pay extra if we're taking Richards. I've never once said that I wouldn't TAKE Richards in any Phaneuf deal, I just said we need to be compensated for it.

Fair enough. We just have to wait and see if something happens. My personal opinion that what LA and the Leafs are talking will be something of multiple players variety with a conditional 1st going the Leafs way depending if LA makes the playoffs or not as the compensation you ask.;)

LA makes the playoffs the Leafs get an extra 1st... If LA doesn't make the playoffs well the Leafs get an extra ping pong balls for McDavid.;)

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Is that not an indictment on our current centers and not a valid point of proof of Richards ability?

Nope... You all witnessed if Richards can still play or not in last years playoffs. I've already said he's been sent down not because he can't play but because LA is cap strapped and saving all the $$$ they can come trade deadline to get help. After the deadline if he's still a King the first thing LA does is call him back up for the playoff push.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Fair enough. We just have to wait and see if something happens. My personal opinion that what LA and the Leafs are talking will be something of multiple players variety with a conditional 1st going the Leafs way depending if LA makes the playoffs or not as the compensation you ask.;)

LA makes the playoffs the Leafs get an extra 1st... If LA doesn't make the playoffs well the Leafs get an extra ping pong balls for McDavid.;)

We'll see how it shakes out I guess. I really do want their 2015 pick (no conditions), we could really use a med 1st round pick especially if they miss playoffs :naughty:

Last edited:

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
:kings
Adrian Kempe
2015 1st round pick (no conditions/unprotected)
2016 2nd round pick
Mike Richards

:leafs
Dion Phaneuf

I would do that. I wonder if Kings would, probably not.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Adrian Kempe
2014 1st round pick (no conditions/unprotected)
2015 2nd round pick
Mike Richards

Dion Phaneuf

I don't know what a 2014 draft pick would get when its already 2015?

JMcLeaf

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva now6 seconds ago
#canadiens Marc Bergevin and Dave Nonis had a 5 minutes chat close to the #mapleleafs dressing room before the game.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva now6 seconds ago
#canadiens Marc Bergevin and Dave Nonis had a 5 minutes chat close to the #mapleleafs dressing room before the game.

Could be something to that, they were going to pull the trigger on a Franson deal. Wonder what the return would be this time around.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Adrian Kempe
2015 1st round pick (no conditions/unprotected)
2016 2nd round pick
Mike Richards

Dion Phaneuf

LOL that package minus the 2nd is what everybody who's willing to take Richards is referring to what they would do it for... You can't be serious that your sticky point is the 2nd pick is it?

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
LOL that package minus the 2nd is what everybody who's willing to take Richards is referring to what they would do it for... You can't be serious that your sticky point is the 2nd pick is it?

:laugh: Hey, that 2nd goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad