FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.14 - For Sale: All of the Leafs Pending UFA's and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
and fucale was a2nd round draft pick if i remember correctly. so thats' 2 2nd round picks (basically) for 2 roster players. hmm meh.

that's a real tricky one

on Fucale I only do it if I'm getting trusted advice that this kid has a real/honest shot at being special.

if it's the same adviser involved in the rask trade, then I say ,get bent

if it's the same ones that advised about the berny trade, welllll

I would have to stop and give them a long thoughtful listen

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Is Fucale the best goaltender not starting in the NHL right now? Then why would we pay premium price for him? Bernier cost a 2nd + scrap, and the equivalent to Santorelli and Franson is 2 seconds plus. Not a good return for our investment

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Me too. I dont want Fucale. Goaltending isnt hard to find.

Good goaltending is easy to find? Yeah I would agree as the following seem avail in the past.

- Neimi
- Halak
- Bobrosky
- Varly
- Bernier
- Fatsh
- Hiller
- Schnieder

The difference is the guys like Lundquvist, Rinne, Price, Quick, etc are never available and I guess that is the major difference. Personally I don't think much of Fucale and think of him as one of the "good goalies" But maybe someone who has watched him more than I have (I.E not just WJC/Odd CHL game.) sees a chance of greatness in him and is willing to gamble on it.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Why wouldnt we just trade Franson off for a 2nd + and Santorelli for a 2nd and draft our own goalie in the second round if that's what the Leafs feel we need? Bibeau gets mentioned a lot around here but people are forgetting about Garret Sparks as well who is 11-3-1 with a .935 sv% and a 2.42 GAA in the ECHL this year. Last year he posted 11-6-1 with a .915 sv% and a 2.63 GAA with the Marlies last year

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Fucale + 2nd is a half-decent return. I think id be hoping for another 2nd rounder or a 3rd rounder thrown in.

Fucale isnt Vasilevski or Gibson or Subban. He's a decent goalie prospect, but not a fantastic one. And if goalies dont become starters, theyre almost worthless. No such thing as a 2nd/3rd line goalie. Youre either a starter, or a dime a dozen backup.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
And IF, and that's a huge if, that is the best return we can get for the both of them (which I hardly doubt it is if we separate the two...) then that there would have to be a conditional 2nd round pick for the next year on top of that with regards to Franson resigning.

Fucale + 2nd (2015) + conditional pick (2nd, 2016)
For
Franson + Santorelli

that one i'd do

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
you can never have enough depth in goal. ...how many Bernier doubters have crept up recently?

but then one can also argue, with berny in the fold

does getting fucale compared to say a late 1rst from someone else work in our best interest.

there is one thing I know for fact

your not going to find gems like Giroux,keith,subban and the likes in later but still relatively high draft slots IF you don't have any of them.

once you get past the 2nd round finding extreme gems gets real real slim pickens.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Fucale + 2nd is a half-decent return. I think id be hoping for another 2nd rounder or a 3rd rounder thrown in.

Fucale isnt Vasilevski or Gibson or Subban. He's a decent goalie prospect, but not a fantastic one. And if goalies dont become starters, theyre almost worthless. No such thing as a 2nd/3rd line goalie. Youre either a starter, or a dime a dozen backup.

I have a feeling any or all of these 3 could be had Vasilevski or Gibson or Subban ...as they all have someone good, and young ahead of them. ...not as interested in Subban, I'd put him on par with Fucale

Bishop just came into his own, and is 28, and same with Frederik Andersen, and he's even younger at 25
Vasilevski and/or Gibson are both NHL ready

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
but then one can also argue, with berny in the fold

does getting fucale compared to say a late 1rst from someone else work in our best interest.

I've said a few times I'd go hard after Gibson, then dangle Bernier ...and Vasilevski may be even better than Gibson.

we already know the quacks have spoken to us, and TB could use a little pre-playoff tweaking as well

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
No thanks to Fucale. What's the allure with this guy anyway? I don't get it. If we're getting a prospect for Franson or Santo it has to be a decent one. Handing Montreal a top-4 D and a top-9 forward for a 3rd tier prospect and a 2nd ... ugh.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
No thanks to Fucale. What's the allure with this guy anyway? I don't get it. If we're getting a prospect for Franson or Santo it has to be a decent one. Handing Montreal a top-4 D and a top-9 forward for a 3rd tier prospect and a 2nd ... ugh.

fucale is Montreals top prospect

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
i was suggesting something around yak for fucale in the summer and mtl fans were quick to say no to that

regardless of what you think of each player , montreal fans do hold fucale in high regard

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Living in Halifax, I never did get the hype. This may sound familiar but he seems to be great at times then gives up the worst kind of goals.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Why wouldnt we just trade Franson off for a 2nd + and Santorelli for a 2nd and draft our own goalie in the second round if that's what the Leafs feel we need? Bibeau gets mentioned a lot around here but people are forgetting about Garret Sparks as well who is 11-3-1 with a .935 sv% and a 2.42 GAA in the ECHL this year. Last year he posted 11-6-1 with a .915 sv% and a 2.63 GAA with the Marlies last year

Fucale is a couple of years older (and closer to the NHL) than whoever we might draft this year. Also, Fucale is still a good enough goalie that he made Canada's world junior team. I'm not sure how good a prospect he is, but I would be pleased to get him.

I'm not convinced any of our three minor league goalies are good enough. Maybe, I'm just not convinced yet.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed at the dead line
Even teams that tanked didn't make ten trades at the deadline
Kissel phaneuf franson santorelli Winnie lupul bozak
Kadri polak Reimer
Realistically we will make three trades
Franson santo and Winnie
Each one should be sold separately for the maximum value
No combining them

If I'm trading with Montreal I don't want fucale
I want tinordi
In a couple of years he will be a good dman

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Living in Halifax, I never did get the hype. This may sound familiar but he seems to be great at times then gives up the worst kind of goals.

My dad's had season tickets for the Mooseheads for about 4 years now, so he's seen tons of Fucale. Always said he reminded him of Fleury

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I'm not a fan of Fucale at all. Very mediocre goaltending prospect. The 2nd is all right, but for both Santorelli AND Franson?

A little underwhelming but I guess it's not overly terrible.

Agreed on Fucale, zero interest in him.

I want Habs 1st or two 2nd's for Franson alone. Santo would be another 2nd.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed at the dead line
Even teams that tanked didn't make ten trades at the deadline
Kissel phaneuf franson santorelli Winnie lupul bozak
Kadri polak Reimer
Realistically we will make three trades
Franson santo and Winnie
Each one should be sold separately for the maximum value
No combining them

If I'm trading with Montreal I don't want fucale
I want tinordi
In a couple of years he will be a good dman

If all this management team can pull off by the deadline, is selling off the team's 3 most valuable UFA's, then they need to be replaced again. :laugh:

Those guys are a given. Each HFboards member could sell those 3 at the deadline for max return.

We deserve better.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Surprised at the lack of interest in fucale - the guy is one of the top goalie prospects in the league. Wouldn't turn him down in a trade offer.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ok this is out there, but who would consider Kane and the Jets 1 round pick for Kessel? Jets get a sniper albeit a slumping sniper to continue their playoff push, Leafs get a power forward with baggage and a 1st rounder. Kane could be traded in the off season if mgmt doesn't think he'll fit. I like the gamble, and the cap space it provides....................

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Is that a reflection of Fucale's quality or the lackthereof in Montreal's prospects?

idk dub

like I said earlier, it would depend on the source of advice I am getting, if I'm in shannys shoes.

IF it's someones opinion that he highly values and they are whispering

psst this is the next rask, the only thing in his way is carey price.

well then I stop and give that adviser a long slow listen,

that's it, that's all , I'm trying to say.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
My dad's had season tickets for the Mooseheads for about 4 years now, so he's seen tons of Fucale. Always said he reminded him of Fleury

I seen plenty of Fleury in Juniors and he, too, was inconsistent but he was much better at that age. I'll never forget his :facepalm: goal at the World Juniors. Maybe it was fatigue given the GP but he seemed to get worse as the playoffs and Memorial Cup went on. But it's hard to judge him since he was on some real powerhouse teams. The 2013 team was perhaps the greatest CHL team or close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia