FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.14 - For Sale: All of the Leafs Pending UFA's and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm thinking LA is probably going to add a couple of pieces in order to make a run for the playoffs. Jets and Canucks aren't doing so hot right now, but Colorado and Minnesota are gunning for the WC spots at the moment. LA has a number of games left vs those teams... Gotta win them if they want to make the playoffs

I feel like they will roll the dice and re-evaluate this summer. Maybe they'll make a small move or two though.

They will trade Richards this summer and then they will also know the fate of Voynov.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
TSN had an interesting rumour with us and the Habs. Santorelli and Franson for Fucale and a 2nd....value is about right if you ask me, maybe add another prospect but I'd work with that.

Puzzles

nice sauce
Jun 22, 2012
Montreal
TSN had an interesting rumour with us and the Habs. Santorelli and Franson for Fucale and a 2nd....value is about right if you ask me, maybe add another prospect but I'd work with that.

do we really need fucale when we have bibeau seasoning already?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I'm not a fan of Fucale at all. Very mediocre goaltending prospect. The 2nd is all right, but for both Santorelli AND Franson?

A little underwhelming but I guess it's not overly terrible.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

That's a terrible return, IMO.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

wow their top prospect and a 2nd
that seems like a lot but if they think they have a chance in the east

Fucale would have a lot of value too if they flipped him to a team like Edm

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

All depends on the light you view Fucale in. Personally I am not soo torn up on him and think Bibeau is of similar caliber.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm not a fan of Fucale at all. Very mediocre goaltending prospect. The 2nd is all right, but for both Santorelli AND Franson?

and fucale was a2nd round draft pick if i remember correctly. so thats' 2 2nd round picks (basically) for 2 roster players. hmm meh.

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
All depends on the light you view Fucale in. Personally I am not soo torn up on him and think Bibeau is of similar caliber.

Even so, could let Bibeau and Fucale battle it out. Redo the Rask/Pogge disaster but hold onto them both until we know what we have. Fucale has a good resume, Id seriously consider it.

Fucale and a 1st id do it, maybe Fucale, 2nd, and some kind of other prospect.

Santa = 2nd
Franson = Fucale + ?

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

It's not amazing but it's not bad. I'm a little biased as I agree with you, I'm not a huge fan of Fucale. I think we can do better.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Even so, could let Bibeau and Fucale battle it out. Redo the Rask/Pogge disaster but hold onto them both until we know what we have. Fucale has a good resume, Id seriously consider it.

Fucale and a 1st id do it, maybe Fucale, 2nd, and some kind of other prospect.

Santa = 2nd
Franson = Fucale + ?

Personally the prospect on Montreal I really like is Nikita Scherbak. I really wanted to pick him up in the 2nd round but Montreal went and picked him 26th OA.

He has decent size, speed and a good shot. He is one of those guys who can be a good 2nd line guy with size.

Would love to get him for Franson.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Me too. I dont want Fucale. Goaltending isnt hard to find.

Interesting. I have the opposite impression. I think good goalies are hard to find, and I think adding a good prospect to the queue makes sense for us.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

if its fucale and montreal's 1st then i'd do it. otherwise... hell no.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Me too. I dont want Fucale. Goaltending isnt hard to find.

And IF, and that's a huge if, that is the best return we can get for the both of them (which I hardly doubt it is if we separate the two...) then that there would have to be a conditional 2nd round pick for the next year on top of that with regards to Franson resigning.

Fucale + 2nd (2015) + conditional pick (2nd, 2016)
For
Franson + Santorelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad