FA Game #4 by Wolfy, AM, & IR

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Free agency will open up at 6 PM ET tomorrow. Obviously, I'm aware we're all going to be watching the draft. No one will sign until Saturday, so do not fret.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
TRADE

:flames Chris Brown, 49th overall pick

:caps Jiri Hudler

''Wisht he best to Jiri in Washington. He's in his prime years and deserve to play for a playoff team while we rebuild our team.

Happy to add a gritty young player to the team in Brown, he'll have a good chance of making the team. Adding another pick is welcome.''
:caps confirm.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

Very happy with our draft picks (Brett Pollock and Eric Cornel).

Thanks Wolfy and AM for running the draft!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:edmonton DRAFT REVIEW

We would like to welcome Nikolaj Ehlers (13th overall) and Roland McKeown (32nd overall) to the organization. In both case, especially Ehlers, we were very surprised and excited to see them fall to us. There's no doubt in our mind that Ehlers is a top 6 talent in this year draft and may even end up as the biggest offensive talent. We're not gonna lie, we consider that we got the steal of the draft right there. Depending of how things will go in free agency, he might start the season in Edmonton. As for McKeown, we had him in our top 20 so we are obviously pleased to get him early in the second round. He will join our other promising young defensemen : Erik Gudbranson, Justin Schultz, Martin Marincin, Oscar Klefbom and Darnell Nurse.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:edmonton UPDATE

I will be around until 3PM ET. Last chance if you want to discuss trades with me as I will be away during the weekend and will only be online at times to follow free agency.

My roster is updated in the roster thread.

PM!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Bob McKenzie : With over 13M$ in cap space and four players to sign, I am told that the Oilers won't be making any major UFA signings. I've read some reports that they would be going after Vanek but I can confirm that it will not be the case.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:edmonton ACQUIRE HONKA

The Edmonton Oilers have traded their 2015 second round pick to the Boston Bruins for defenseman Julius Honka.

"This move might come as a surprise for some people considering that the 2015 draft projets to be one of the best in many years. However, we feel that Honka fills a need in our prospect pool. He is a right-handed offensive defenseman who should fit nicely on our team in a couple years. Earlier in June, defense was a major concern for us. We have added several key guys for now and our future in Gudbranson, Sbisa, McKeown and Honka. We are happy with the moves we've made."

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Bob McKenzie : Should we consider the acquisition of Julius Honka as a surprise in Edmonton? Absolutely not. The team had trade talks regarding Justin Schultz but they were not ready to make a move yet. What does the Honka trade has to do with Schultz? The new management isn't very high on Schultz and even if he is young and has potential, he isn't in their ideal plans for the future. If things go well, Edmonton could have in a couple years Nurse, Klefbom and Marincin on the left side, along with Gudbranson, McKeown and Honka on the right side.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Florida and Montreal have completed the following trade:

To :habs: Tomas Fleischmann, Scottie Upshall and Colby Robak
To :panthers: Josh Gorges, Stephen Weiss(25% retained) and Christian Thomas

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Florida and Montreal have completed the following trade:

Confirmed.

Daniel Briere and Scottie Upshall available dirt cheap. Willing to toss in a prospect like Tim Bozon or Jacob de la Rose if it gets me some value back. Also willing to take money back if it's a defenceman.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Any FA update? No posts yet... kind of odd.

UFA Goalie Update

None of the big names (Miller, Hiller, Brodeur, ect) have received any offers. Actually, no one except Alex Stalock has received offers as of yet.

If you are after Stalock though, most offers so far are in the 2-3 year 4.5-7.5 million dollar (total) range.

FA post will be up before 7:30pm EST.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad