Post-Game Talk: F*** Vegas 6 Second place Jets 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
What the eff is this PK? Zero pressure, let's just float around in this little box and wave our sticks a little in the lanes but basically let them do whatever they want and hope Bucky bails us out. And hey let's do it again!

Reactions: Guardian17

None

Feb 22, 2012
The line juggling was bizarre. It was tough to figure out what the point of it was. It seemed like players were benched and then they'd be out the next shift on another line and then back with their regular linemates on their next shift.

Lowry in particular was getting elevated to play in the top 6 every other shift in the middle of the game ahead of Perfetti, Dubois, or Connor. It wasn't for faceoffs either because most of it was on the fly changes. :dunno:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
PLD laid an egg, Bones noticed and demoted him to the 3rd line. Less icetime than Lowry tonight, my guess is that dogshit backcheck on that one play in middle of the 2nd where puck trickled past Helle and Stevenson almost scored was the last straw.

Schmidt sucked on both ends of the ice. One of his worst games as a Jet that I can recall.

Good game by Scheifele, Wheeler, Lowry line and the 4th line. Liked what I saw of Stenlund, generated a lot more offensively than AJF and that line had some nice offensive zone time where they actually generated shots. Solid on the faceoff dot as well. I hope he gets a run on that line for a bit. Given the injuries this 4th line is a lot better than what they had.

Helle not great tonight. Would like to see him have atleast one of those goals and had another trickle through puck that almost resulted in a goal. Down game for him but he'll bounce back.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Well. At least I was right in not watching the game.

Looking at the goal highlights: lol @ Chef's hattie.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
IMG_20221202_2137395.jpg

Sigh... why the dumb penalties?
Can we please beat a division rival, at home on Thursday?
Yes.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
That was a winnable game. Far better showing than in Vegas, but Vegas again showing why they're the class of the west. Those 2 penalties were totally unforced and unnecessary. Bad penalties happen all the time, but you have to kill them. Helle was only human tonight. He kept kicking out rebounds. Defensive breakdowns and special teams were the difference.

Man, I wish the Jets didn't have to work so hard to be as good as their record shows. Vegas makes it look effortless, as do Boston. The Jets work their asses off to be almost as good as Vegas. That's frustrating.

f*** Vegas.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Easy Mount is fine for a bottom six player but PLD and KFC need better, no slight on him but he is playing out of position.
Yeah - he's punching above his weight. I hope he hangs onto a bottom 6 role and they slide him over the left wing.
I won't make excuses for him but that line was bad tonight and most of it came from PLD - he was a turnover machine tonight and did little to recover when he handed it over. He's the only guy that stood out in a bad way for me.

As for the game, I thought it was a good one other than the penalties - picked a bad night to take a couple of late ones - our PK was way off.
Scheif was on his horse tonight - he'll make that line look very good when he is on.

Need the next one - don't want this becoming a habit

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
5 goals should be enough to win.

It’s not like they won the cup. If we are for real this is just a bump in the road and we will see them again. But F*** they are as easy to hate as the Leafs.

You're right, Bogo.

5 should be enough to win. Tonight our goalie was far from good enough to get the job done. That being said, I will play the odds with Helle on getting more good than bad performances where 5 is enough. I felt right from the jump he looked a bit off this game more so than normal.

I think the more alarming trend to me is the unmitigated breakdowns defensively that are now being more and more common.

I'm all for being more aggressive on the back-end to sustain pressure, but my goodness, these guys need to be picking their spots better.

Schmidt, especially, has been making some absolutely baffling decisions and reads out there this year.

No Stanley Cup was handed out tonight. You are right. But Marchessault scoring that PP one-timer was pretty much nightmare fuel and brought back all those WCF feelings.

Fook Vegas.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Man, I wish the Jets didn't have to work so hard to be as good as their record shows. Vegas makes it look effortless, as do Boston. The Jets work their asses off to be almost as good as Vegas. That's frustrating.
It won't happen over night - Vegas is a very organized team and they likely had to work at it.
Jet's are just getting the hang of it - and it's coming most nights

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yeah - it's punching above his weight. I hope he hangs onto a bottom 6 role and they slide him over the left wing.
I won't make excuses for him but that line was bad tonight and most of it came from PLD - he was a turnover machine tonight and did little to recover when he handed it over. He's the only guy that stood out in a bad way for me.

As for the game, I thought it was a good one other than the penalties - picked a bad night to take a couple of late ones - our PK was way off.
Scheif was on his horse tonight - he'll make that line look very good when he is on.

Need the next one - don't want this becoming a habit
I like what he brings to the team and think when we get a player or two back he will fit fine in the bottom six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad