Post-Game Talk: F*** Vegas 6 Second place Jets 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
The line juggling was bizarre. It was tough to figure out what the point of it was. It seemed like players were benched and then they'd be out the next shift on another line and then back with their regular linemates on their next shift.

Lowry in particular was getting elevated to play in the top 6 every other shift in the middle of the game ahead of Perfetti, Dubois, or Connor. It wasn't for faceoffs either because most of it was on the fly changes. :dunno:
Didn't Dubois miss the morning skate? Nagging minor injury? Under the weather?
Bones (not the star trek one) said something about some players playing hurt.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
The Hellebucyk disrespect from that poster (and others) over the years has been puzzling.
I think you just have to point out the Goals saved above expected stat. Hellybuck if not at the top is always in the top 5 depending on which site or how its calculated. The guy wins the team way more games than he loses.

Reactions: Jets 31

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I think you just have to point out the Goals saved above expected stat. Hellybuck if not at the top is always in the top 5 depending on which site or how its calculated. The guy wins the team way more games than he loses.
He kept a certain coach gainfully employed for many years past the best before date.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Sure, we may have had a bug running through the room but the Golden Showers were down their top 3 D and Eichel.

Let's not pretend they were healthy and we weren't and that's why we lost

I hate to say it, but Helle was just good last night. He needs to be superhuman for us to win games like that

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The line juggling was bizarre. It was tough to figure out what the point of it was. It seemed like players were benched and then they'd be out the next shift on another line and then back with their regular linemates on their next shift.

Lowry in particular was getting elevated to play in the top 6 every other shift in the middle of the game ahead of Perfetti, Dubois, or Connor. It wasn't for faceoffs either because most of it was on the fly changes. :dunno:
This is something I’ve noticed (line combos). I know they use alternate combos coming out of special team situations or make changes if they are losing or protecting a late lead etc.

but lately I’ve seen a lot of juggling that makes you think someone is injured or benched but then you see them again. At times it’s just line changes that aren’t completed and an offensive or defensive situation forces players to stay out longer.

That last second goal in the first really bit is in the ass along with other blunders.

They did play well sporadically through the game. Too bad we weren’t our stingy self. 5 goals should be enough to win.

None

Feb 22, 2012
This is something I’ve noticed (line combos). I know they use alternate combos coming out of special team situations or make changes if they are losing or protecting a late lead etc.

but lately I’ve seen a lot of juggling that makes you think someone is injured or benched but then you see them again. At times it’s just line changes that aren’t completed and an offensive or defensive situation forces players to stay out longer.

That last second goal in the first really bit is in the ass along with other blunders.

They did play well sporadically through the game. Too bad we weren’t our stingy self. 5 goals should be enough to win.

Turned out it was none of those things, my comment was made before Bowness had done his postgame. Some players were sick and missing shifts to rest, not much else to it. I'm guessing that Lowry was the healthiest benefactor and that's just why he was out in so many situations where he otherwise wouldn't have been.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Sure, we may have had a bug running through the room but the Golden Showers were down their top 3 D and Eichel.

I hate to say it, but Helle was just good last night. He needs to be superhuman for us to win games like that
Their top 3 defencemen like Whitecloud who was minus 2 in the 2 previous games with the Jets.
Vegas needed 2 PPs to win the game ...enough said.
I don't understand people ... Jets could have a 80 game win season but the 4 games they lost would be the biggest factor.:huh:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Their top 3 defencemen like Whitecloud who was minus 2 in the 2 previous games with the Jets.
Vegas needed 2 PPs to win the game ...enough said.
I don't understand people ... Jets could have a 80 game win season but the 4 games they lost would be the biggest factor.:huh:
I was thinking more about Pietrangelo and Theodore

I'm not sure if you're referring to me with the second part of your post. I've been as optomistic about the Jets this season as anyone on here. I just don't think we can blame that game on a depleted roster. There's still some work to do before I'd consider us legit cup contenders

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Turned out it was none of those things, my comment was made before Bowness had done his postgame. Some players were sick and missing shifts to rest, not much else to it. I'm guessing that Lowry was the healthiest benefactor and that's just why he was out in so many situations where he otherwise wouldn't have been.
I’ve noticed similar odd combos throughout many games this year not just this week.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010

Let’s not pretend we were completely outmatched during the game. Were we a few key saves by Helle away from a win? Sure. Were we one or two bad penalties away from winning? Also sure. Sometimes she goes, and sometimes she doesn’t. Last game, she didn’t go.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I was thinking more about Pietrangelo and Theodore

I'm not sure if you're referring to me with the second part of your post. I've been as optomistic about the Jets this season as anyone on here. I just don't think we can blame that game on a depleted roster. There's still some work to do before I'd consider us legit cup contenders
No it wasn't directed at you ... just reading comments on this board when the Jets lose is funny.
Jets are a playoff teams and anything can happens in the playoffs ... its not doom and gloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad