F Elton Hermansson - MoDo Hockey, J18 Nationell (2026 Draft)

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA

This kid was the 6th player to get added to the Elite Prospects 2026 NHL Draft Center, after McKenna, Roobroeck, Rinne, Kosick, and Nemec.

Looks like he recently got promoted to the U18 and picked up 6 points in his first two games.

Anyone have any info on his play-style at this early stage in his development? Should be one to watch moving forward

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018

This kid was the 6th player to get added to the Elite Prospects 2026 NHL Draft Center, after McKenna, Roobroeck, Rinne, Kosick, and Nemec.

Looks like he recently got promoted to the U18 and picked up 6 points in his first two games.

Anyone have any info on his play-style at this early stage in his development? Should be one to watch moving forward
Oh yeah, I saw his profile a while back. Wonder if any Swedes can speak to if he's better than Ivar Stenberg, who was the big Swedish kid for 2026.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
becuse he is holding a rose?

He was the main character on Sweden's version of The Bachelor

But perhaps we can use this to fuel speculation that he's a pretty boy with a pampered upbringing that is only gaining early recognition because he's spoiled and has the best access to equipment, trainers, tournaments, etc.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013

I've watched quite a lot of games with him, most of them from U16 where he's pretty dominant right now. Really slick stickhandler that can easily beat his defender at that level, and great hockey sense too imo. Knows where to position himself without the puck, and knows how to set up his teammates with crisp passes with the puck. Good shot aswell. Obviously needs to bulk up a bit, the kid is only 14 after all. Got the potential to become a scoring winger.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
He was the main character on Sweden's version of The Bachelor

But perhaps we can use this to fuel speculation that he's a pretty boy with a pampered upbringing that is only gaining early recognition because he's spoiled and has the best access to equipment, trainers, tournaments, etc.
That would be pretty dumb

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Here's a quick showing of his skills. Slick toe drag followed up by a quick shot in U16 recently.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
From what I have heard, he is up there among the top Swedish 08's at least. I know people within the MODO organization are extremely high on Elton. But those guys are always hoping for a new Peter Forsberg :)

Other Swedish players described to be out of the ordinary at this young age include Leo Tjälldén, Max Isaksson and a trio of players from the same team: Viggo Björck, Marcus Nordmark and Max Johannesén. The latter three represent IFK Täby, arguably the top U16 team in the country this season.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
From what I have heard, he is up there among the top Swedish 08's at least. I know people within the MODO organization are extremely high on Elton. But those guys are always hoping for a new Peter Forsberg :)

Other Swedish players described to be out of the ordinary at this young age include Leo Tjälldén, Max Isaksson and a trio of players from the same team: Viggo Björck, Marcus Nordmark and Max Johannesén. The latter three represent IFK Täby, arguably the top U16 team in the country this season.
Tjälldén is a possible linemate for Elton in next TV-Pucken too. Will be fun to watch!

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Two nice assists in the game against Skellefteå yesterday. Now 8 points in 6 games in J18 Nationell as a double underager.

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia

Then MoDO organization must have money issues since they have let Hermansson and Oberg walk away. According to EP, Hermansson now belongs to Orebro and Oberg to Skelleftea.

Ohlle

Aug 19, 2017
Then MoDO organization must have money issues since they have let Hermansson and Oberg walk away. According to EP, Hermansson now belongs to Orebro and Oberg to Skelleftea.
I don't know why you would do this type of move as a young player. Look at both Skellefteå and Örebro rosters, they are stacked with the top talent players. When a player does this, it is usually a big red flag for crazy parents.

Reactions: Gubbhornet

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I don't know why you would do this type of move as a young player. Look at both Skellefteå and Örebro rosters, they are stacked with the top talent players. When a player does this, it is usually a big red flag for crazy parents.
Happens plenty, not a sign of anything. Youngsters will select the Hockeygymnasiet they think will be best for them. Credit to Örebro for their work in alluring top talents to them but hopefully it won't bite anybody like with Frölunda.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Why would it be a red flag? He’ll get a top 6 role on a way better Örebro team and practice with better players. I dare also say they’ve got better coaches, although that’s slightly subjective.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Will be interesting to see how he looks against international competition. Skill level is through the roof but he’s one of those players who would be twice as good if he battled a bit harder and played with some more intensity. Maybe that will come later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad