F Cole Caufield (2019, 15th, MTL) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Caufield is a line driver, and has been at every level of hockey he has ever played. Holloway was mediocre last year until he got onto Caufield’s line this year. I’m not a Holloway hater but I don’t think they are in the same league of prospects. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong when Holloway has to do it himself next year.
What is with all this talk in here about Holloway being a product of Cole Caufield when they don't even play together 5 on 5? I mean these posts just make it abundantly clear that you haven't watched a single Wisconsin game this year.

With that said both are great players with individuals strengths. Caufield is the more skilled offensive player and much better sniper, while Holloway is a far more complete player with a significantly better defensive game and much better size to go with his speed. I think they'll both be good NHLers but there's question marks about both and you're kidding yourself if you don't think that is the case. No one knows how well Holloway's offence will transfer, just like no one knows how well Cole is going to deal with NHL speed, size, and defensive duties 5v5.

Both could end up as star players, or both could end up as very limited players at the NHL level.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I dont understand how Caufield is always being compared to debrincat besides both of them being 5'8 and both being snipers.
Caufield is a much better playmaker and has better hands. The way they make plays/their way of thinking isnt the same. They dont even play the same position and you can clearly see it in game. DeBrincat scores a lot of his goals where he is being set up for a 1 timer. Caufield barely scores 1 timers in Wisconsin. Caufield loves carrying the puck and he does it often. I can totally see caufield driving the offence in whichever line he plays in the NHL. Debrincat on the other hand I believe will always need to play with great playmakers.

My opinion. You dont need to agree. We will see on 2-3 years if I was right or not.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I dont understand how Caufield is always being compared to debrincat besides both of them being 5'8 and both being snipers.
Caufield is a much better playmaker and has better hands. The way they make plays/their way of thinking isnt the same. They dont even play the same position and you can clearly see it in game. DeBrincat scores a lot of his goals where he is being set up for a 1 timer. Caufield barely scores 1 timers in Wisconsin. Caufield loves carrying the puck and he does it often. I can totally see caufield driving the offence in whichever line he plays in the NHL. Debrincat on the other hand I believe will always need to play with great playmakers.

My opinion. You dont need to agree. We will see on 2-3 years if I was right or not.

I was laughed at since people can't see past size, But Caufield plays like Matthews. Their game have ALOT of similarities, their shooting style, agile skating with average speed, crazy mitts, underrated playmaking abilties, they both dynamite players who likes to control where the puck goes.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I was laughed at since people can't see past size, But Caufield plays like Matthews. Their game have ALOT of similarities, their shooting style, agile skating with average speed, crazy mitts, underrated playmaking abilties, they both dynamite players who likes to control where the puck goes.

Offensively? Yes I agree. They have a lot of similarities. Especially the way they set themselves up on the pp. If you look at their pp goals over the past few seasons they've scored so many identical goals except the fact that its mirrored since on is a righty and the other a lefty. They love having the puck on their stick and make plays happen. Matthews's playmaking has always been underrated just like Caufield's. They will most likely always be the ones driving the offence on their line unless you have a marner caliber linemate. On the other hand Caufield's defensive play will never be at the level of Matthews neither does he need it to be since he isnt a centre. If Caufield's defensive play becomes as good as Toffoli's ill be over the moon but I doubt that happens.

SNES

Aug 7, 2012
Manotick
I think if Caufield ends up in the same orbit as Debrincat it would be a considered a huge success....
Comparing him to Matthews? Get a grip on reality

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

There's lots of small guys in leagues across the world that play like Matthews. The size and strength allow Matthews' style to be effective at the highest level of play.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I think if Caufield ends up in the same orbit as Debrincat it would be a considered a huge success....

Honestly speaking you should get a grip on reality by reading what others have to say properly. We said his style of play is similar to Matthews and not to debrincat. HIS STYLE OF PLAY. THE WAY HE PLAYS. WE NEVER SAID HE IS THE SAME CALIBER PLAYER AS MATTHEWS.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I dont understand how Caufield is always being compared to debrincat besides both of them being 5'7 and both being snipers.

A small correction there. :)

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Did you even read his post, or is it a comprehension issue.

Yikes.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Almost fell of my couch after reading these....you 100% have not seen much of Hawks games....

Few things about Alex DeBrincat...
- he has always been a natural playmaker (started as a center, who based his game after Pavel Datsyuk, his childhood hero),
who just happens to have one of the best and most accurate shots
- he has been one of the best neutral zone players this season in the NHL, the none goalie mvp so far for the Hawks
- his hockey sense (through out his career been off the scale) one of the best and smartest players without the puck
- he is the only player who can pretty much carry the puck, more often than not, of any Hawks player,
make the transition from n-zone to o-zone, so the BS about him being this one hit pony, who doesn't drive the play...
people should watch Hawks games, (or watch his OHL highlights)

Last edited:

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Almost fell of my couch after reading these....you 100% have not seen much of Hawks games....

Few things about Alex DeBrincat...
- he has always been a natural playmaker (started as a center, who based his game after Pavel Datsyuk, his childhood hero),
who just happens to have one of the best and most accurate shots
- he has been one of the best neutral zone players this season in the NHL, the none goalie mvp so far for the Hawks
- his hockey sense (through out his career been out of the scale) one of the best and smartest players without the puck
- he is the only player who can pretty much carry the puck, more often than not, of any Hawks player,
make the transition from n-zone to o-zone, so the BS about him being this one hit pony, who doesn't drive the play...
people should watch Hawks games, (or watch his OHL highlights)

Caufield is a better playmaker and has better hands. Easily. I dont care if he started as a C or as a D. Thousands of nhl players have started their careers as a C including a 3rd overall pick in Galchenyuk. Does that make him a great playmaker? NO.

One of the smartest players without the puck?? You have got to be delusional.

He is the only player who can pretty much carry the puck? Is Kane playing in the AHL? And no shit when you have Kurashev and janmark in the top 6 and a freaking turtle in strome. Who the hell do you want to carry the puck? The goalie?

One hit pony?? Where on earth did I say he was a one hit pony.

Just because I said caufield is a better playmaker and has better hands it doesn't mean Alex debrincat has shit hands and is a shit playmaker. For debrincat to hit 40 goals consistently I BELEIVE he will always need a good playmaker because almost half his goals come from the ovi spot. Thats literally a fact.

Caufield handles the puck in the offensive zone and on the pp more than debrincat. Thats also a fact and its not necessarily a good thing. They're just different.

You look definitely over 30 in your pic yet you have the maturity of my 20 year old friends.

Last edited:

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
he's better

hes like marner with a harder shot,, i cant wait for the habs to add him once wisconsin is out

He is not better than Dcat. Caulfield has done nothing at the pro level yet. Cat torched the CHL before the show.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He is not better than Dcat. Caulfield has done nothing at the pro level yet. Cat torched the CHL before the show.
First of all it’s Caufield. Second of all that "he has done nothing at the pro level” is so BS, i bet you wouldn’t use that arguments regarding your best prospect with an average top 6 foward. It’s projection, it’s hard to prove something at the pro level if you haven’t played a single game. Fourth of all it’s ironic you say he hasn’t proves anything at the pro level then you proceed to say Debrincat torched the CHL before the show, yet f***ing Caufield has the RECORD of goal in the USDP by a large margin and alot of great players went there and is also leading the NCAA in goals in his sophomore season.

please, if you are going for an arguament at least don’t make ironic statement.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
First of all it’s Caufield. Second of all that "he has done nothing at the pro level” is so BS, i bet you wouldn’t use that arguments regarding your best prospect with an average top 6 foward. It’s projection, it’s hard to prove something at the pro level if you haven’t played a single game. Fourth of all it’s ironic you say he hasn’t proves anything at the pro level then you proceed to say Debrincat torched the CHL before the show, yet f***ing Caufield has the RECORD of goal in the USDP by a large margin and alot of great players went there and is also leading the NCAA in goals in his sophomore season.

please, if you are going for an arguament at least don’t make ironic statement.

I wasn't trying to use CHL I put that there as people like you will you state what you just said Caufield holds the record for blah blah blah . What's idiotic is when people say he is better than Dcat when they haven't done anything in the Pro leagues is what my point was...so carry on.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Player A dominates CHL, Player B dominates NCAA...how is that an argument for Player A? NCAA is much harder league.
that wasn't the basis of the argument it was showing an example about what others do trying use that as proof about an NCAA player being better than an NHLer. Go back and look at the person I responded to "They said better than Dcat"

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
He's not dominating the NCAA

02-A2-F88-E-3-CBA-4-D93-A56-D-00490541-FBEA.jpg

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

he’s dominating the B1g 10
This is like somebody saying “so and so is dominating the NHL this year”
You’re only playing in conference this year in the NHL and the NCAA.
There is no ECAC, NCHC, Hockey East out of conference
There is no Pairwise.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Agreed. Just re-iterating for clarity's sake despite it being a trivial point as I don't see how a player can dominate competition he never plays.

not really trivial if you understand the nuances of college hockey.
So it’s a correction that I made for people to understand if they are evaluating and making comparisons.

Reactions: Dominance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad