F Cole Caufield (2019, 15th, MTL) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Part 4.

Let this part be where he gets his ELC signed and makes his NHL debut.

tenor.gif

Once his season is done he's getting signed, so I imagine this thread can last this long.

I believe it was posted recently that Bergeron himself said as much.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Once his season is done he's getting signed, so I imagine this thread can last this long.

I believe it was posted recently that Bergeron himself said as much.

I expect he’ll be signed and might even make his NHL debut this year. He’s on absolute fire, and we can use his skillset as a 3rd/4th liner that plays on the 1st PP unit to get his feet wet. I highly doubt that Bergevin hangs on to everyone on the roster right now, there will be moves made and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of Byron/Armia is moved and a spot created for Caufield in the process.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I expect he’ll be signed and might even make his NHL debut this year. He’s on absolute fire, and we can use his skillset as a 3rd/4th liner that plays on the 1st PP unit to get his feet wet. I highly doubt that Bergevin hangs on to everyone on the roster right now, there will be moves made and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of Byron/Armia is moved and a spot created for Caufield in the process.
I sort of expect him to play in the A this year or be a taxi squad guy

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Armia goes nowhere from Montreal, it would be stupid thing to do, not even Bergevin is that stupid.
Armia is your teams one of the most important players.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
To me Caufield is starting to look like a Mitch Marner kind of guy, but with a lethal shot. He’s handling the puck and setting up plays more and more. I think he’s going to be a play driving winger, who scores too.

Reactions: Favin

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
To me Caufield is starting to look like a Mitch Marner kind of guy, but with a lethal shot. He’s handling the puck and setting up plays more and more. I think he’s going to be a play driving winger, who scores too.
I love Caufield, but Marner is way more dynamic and a superior playmaker.

Caufield has improved his playmaking, but his skating/agility/vision is not at Marner's level (very few players are, to be fair). I had Caufield at #5 OA in my draft ranking at the time, needless to say I love the kid but he's more a Cammalleri than a Marner.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I love Caufield, but Marner is way more dynamic and a superior playmaker.

Caufield has improved his playmaking, but his skating/agility/vision is not at Marner's level (very few players are, to be fair). I had Caufield at #5 OA in my draft ranking at the time, needless to say I love the kid but he's more a Cammalleri than a Marner.
I liked Cammallari, but Caufield’s puck skills are far superior. Imo Caufield is closer to MM MC, when it comes to driving play.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto

Yes, have noticed that too. Maybe not Marner comparison, but he certainly has developed more ability to create space with puck-handling and movement on the puck.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Mitch Marner is not even close to who I think of when comparing Cole Caufield. Odd to say the least.

Reactions: LyNX27

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
he's better

hes like marner with a harder shot,, i cant wait for the habs to add him once wisconsin is out

I don't see Mitch in him at all. I don't even see a comparison.

Debrincat is a much better one.

Also how can you say he is better? Not saying he cannot be better, it's just one is actually in the NHL and the other is playing NCAA hockey.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
he's better

hes like marner with a harder shot,, i cant wait for the habs to add him once wisconsin is out

Wouldn't go that far thou, i assume you have not seen that much of DeBrincat play?

DeBrincat's without the puck play is magical at times, or more than not. His hockey IQ
is one of the best in the NHL, his passing and back checking, two way play are highly underrated as well,
one of the better neutral zone players in the NHL this season.

DeBrincat's shot is more heavier, accurate and gets it off the blade quicker, but
Caufield is super close thou.

Skating goes to Caufield, obviously, but otherwise, DeBrincat is better. At least atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00