F Cole Caufield (2019, 15th, MTL) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's all over the ice, Caufield is, which is nice to see. He's not the fastest ever but he's not slow either.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He's not even the best player on his team.

You're allowed to have your opinion. I like Holloway too (I wanted to draft him), but I guess it depends on what type of player you need. We need a sniper big time, so yes, I prefer Caufield.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Is it just me or does that college rink look big. Tons of space in the corners...? Am I seeing things?

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Holloway is a complementary player, he’s not a playmaking goalscorer. He is a good prospect that is going to be solid with mcdavid I'm pretty sure, but the 2ppg isn’t something that will translate in the big league imo. I mean, hes not going to drive his line like gaudreau did, but caufield could with his playmaking abilities.His production is great and he is good, but saying caufield isnt the best player on his team is kinda.. meh

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Holloway is a complementary player, he’s not a playmaking goalscorer. He is a good prospect that is going to be solid with mcdavid I'm pretty sure, but the 2ppg isn’t something that will translate in the big league imo. I mean, hes not going to drive his line like gaudreau did, but caufield could with his playmaking abilities.His production is great and he is good, but saying caufield isnt the best player on his team is kinda.. meh

I think you're just seeing what you want to see.

Reactions: Dominance and voxel

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Caufield is a line driver, and has been at every level of hockey he has ever played. Holloway was mediocre last year until he got onto Caufield’s line this year. I’m not a Holloway hater but I don’t think they are in the same league of prospects. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong when Holloway has to do it himself next year.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Caufield is a line driver, and has been at every level of hockey he has ever played. Holloway was mediocre last year until he got onto Caufield’s line this year. I’m not a Holloway hater but I don’t think they are in the same league of prospects. Maybe I’ll be proven wrong when Holloway has to do it himself next year.

You obviously don’t watch Wisconsin eh?

Holloway plays on his own line, they play together on the PP but otherwise Holloway and Cole almost never play together 5 v 5. Pelton-Bryce is generally Caufields centre.

Both Holloway and Caufield tremendously impact their separate lines 5 v 5. Wisconsin is a heck of a team right now, they are very much in contention for an NCAA Championship this year.

Caufield and Holloway both bring their own elements to the game that help teams win, it’s a fun team
to watch right now.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I am one of the Caufield skeptics but I see a lot of Debrincat in him.

He seems to have developped playmaking skills on his own but he was not brilliant at WJC which should mitigate our enthusiasm. All in all he seems to be a solid prospect but only the test of time will tell us who is right and who is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad