NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
wm0y12.png

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm just gonna wait. Maybe the NFL has more than the DA's office. I assume this is going to court, so we will see what happens here.

In the letter, they said anything similar to this zeke faces a ban from the NFL.

Columbus DA didn't have the metadata off the women's phone.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
If this precludes more NFL players not thinking they can get away with crimes and just have them swept under the rug by means of money, I'm all for it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Its more about inconsistencies when it comes to suspensions, thats my gripe. Im not even a cowboys fan.

Are they inconsistent on domestic violence suspensions following the Ray Rice blowback? Greg Hardy was initially suspended ten games by the league, and he wasn't convicted.

And I say that as a Cowboys fan.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If this precludes more NFL players not thinking they can get away with crimes and just have them swept under the rug by means of money, I'm all for it.

Have a source for where Zeke potentially paid off anyone?

Seems like if he had paid her off, she wouldn't be going to the NFL to cooperate.

Only case I can remember about someone possibly being paid off was the Hardy case, where last second she decided not to testify.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm just gonna wait and see what happens. Either way he's been an idiot this offseason and was gonna get games either way. Exposing a girl, alleged bar fight. Etc

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You can never be too sure with the NFL but you'd think they have enough evidence for them to go with the six game suspension. Then again, they completely screwed up the Josh Brown situation even after their previous screw-ups so who knows. If the allegations are true, good riddance.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Columbus police told the NFL they believed the story from Zeke's victim but there was no way for them to prove the photos taken matched the dates given.

The NFL's investigator also called the defense offered by Zeke's lawyer as theoretical with stuff like "maybe she fell down the stairs" or "you know, she's a bottle server... maybe she bumped a table" and not with offering a defense involving facts, witnesses, or alibis.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Have a source for where Zeke potentially paid off anyone?

I didn't make that specific accusation, but if you want me to - I can tie some of it to money. Do you think there's any chance that the DA didn't move forward with the case because Zeke would have high profile attorneys defending him and the evidence wasn't 100% bulletproof rock solid?

Sep 19, 2008
Or maybe the cops couldn't find anything that would link Elliot to any sort of crime? How is that so hard to believe? Trust me I'm a Redskins fan I want to buy into the haterade and the conspiracy theory but I can't. The NFL out of nowhere claims they (meaning Rog and four "experts") investigated this **** for a year and then suspend him for 6 games, how in the world is this excusable? "Because the NFL is a private employer and can do whatever the **** they want" "Because Zeke really did hit that girl look at the pictures" Oh yeah where are they? If there pictures I gladly recant but at this point we are operating on conjecture and that man has a right to a fair trial. That lady doesn't seem like she is too trustworthy either. Trying to extort money from Zeke smh. It just all doesn't add up.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
at this point we are operating on conjecture and that man has a right to a fair trial
no he doesn't
the NFL is not a court of law that must operate under the principles of our constitution and crim justice system

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The criminal system and your rights under your employer are completely different. Not sure why thats so hard to understand.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I didn't make that specific accusation, but if you want me to - I can tie some of it to money. Do you think there's any chance that the DA didn't move forward with the case because Zeke would have high profile attorneys defending him and the evidence wasn't 100% bulletproof rock solid?

Just found it odd you came into a specific thread about Zeke and allegations of DV and brought in that aspect of players paying off people.
So, was just curious if there were any sources/rumors of that floating around.

I assume the DA had pictures of bruises from almost every night she claimed he abused her. She did take pictures and send them to people(Aunt IIRC?) and then had that vague Instagram post about abuse.

I sure as hell hope DAs don't back off cases cause they may face a "good" defense lawyer even if they thought the evidence was good enough, or they believed her.

Wasn't like she went to the police with no pictures, bruise marks or witnesses and said "he beat me".

Anywho, the suspension is set, NFL ave their reasoning, wonder how the appeal(s) go.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I wonder if Goodell gave him 6 games up front because he already knows that the length will likely be reduced by about half ???? :dunno:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So your employer can just suspend you one day for no reason at all? Got it.

Your employer can fire you for no reason in many states.

Again, to re-state Bonzai, your rights under your employer and the law are completely different.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Zeke is such a piece of garbage. These people think they can get away with murder (literally). If I was a safety or linebacker I'd try to hurt this clown every single play. And the worst part is the league is full of idiots like this, he just was too stupid to not get caught. I would LOVE it if he got in trouble again and the league banned him permanently. Send a message.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00