NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Even the Judicial system decided it wasnt worth there time,
that's probably not true
the prosecutors thought that their evidence wasn't strong enough to get a conviction, nothing to do with "time"
it happens fairly often, for many different reasons & can happen in cases where it seems like the perp is 100% guilty...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Man the police couldnt even find any substantial evidence to charge him, but the NFL somehow did.

I didnt know the NFL and Roger were above the law.

Unfortunately, Goodell has pretty much unlimited power due to the CBA.

Hence why he suspended Brady for 4 games without any evidence.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Its more about inconsistencies when it comes to suspensions, thats my gripe. Im not even a cowboys fan.

I agree, but I've always thought their handling of domestic abuse has been garbage. So I would also like them to be more consistent, but I'm okay with this is it's a trend that continues.

Also, you'd have to think the NFL is not lying when it comes to evidence. They knew they were going to face massive backlash, so I'm assuming they have to be prepared.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It appears that they discovered additional incidents when they looked at the metadata in his phone

This thread is interesting and also has the rest of the letter from the NFL to Elliott

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
detytz.png

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It appears that they discovered additional incidents when they looked at the metadata in his phone

This thread is interesting and also has the rest of the letter from the NFL to Elliott

Lol at people who think they did this simply because of an accusation.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
nothing was "proven false"
prosecutors declining to press charges is all that occurred

Was totally just going to post this.

People assimilate the criminal process to these suspensions, and just because charges are not brought forward doesn't mean the actions didn't occur.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It's odd that people want the NFL to run like their everyday business. However when something like this happens, they don't.

Your employer can fire you for just about anything. This dude is tied to battering women and he's not fired - he's just taken off the job for the equivalent of about 3 months of a business mans year. And people are totally up in arms about it.

Just weird.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I honestly don't know what to believe anymore, but if there are photos there are photos, and he's pretty much been a moron this offseason.

Basically what it looks like is the NFL did a better investigation then the justice department. Which is bad on the justice department

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I honestly don't know what to believe anymore, but if there are photos there are photos, and he's pretty much been a moron this offseason.

Same.

The post from Sept 6, 2016 was a statement from the City Attorney office stated that T.T. came in with 5 allegations of DV. Witnesses, photos, texts etc were recorded.
I would assume she had the same photos there as the ones she showed the NFL?

The DA didn't see any evidence that they were convinced they could get on Zeke.

If he did it, **** him and I hope the Cowboys dump him. However, just odd that the DA had up to 5 chances to pin something on him, but couldn't. You would think with the pictures she took, showing potential bruises/force something could of stuck?

Anywho, on to see how the appeal goes. Dude is a moron off the field though. All eyes on you and you act like a frat boy this offseason

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
If he did what he is accused of doing, 6 games is fine, if not light.

You think, if there is clear evidence, that 6 games in too much? Are you joking?

6 games is fine if true, but I'm not inclined to believe that the NFL has more/better information than the courts. Especially when there were so many different opportunities to prosecute him.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Another part of this suspension was his actions at the st Patrick's day party

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
but I'm not inclined to believe that the NFL has more/better information than the courts.
you actually should believe that the NFL has more/better info
this is a minor incident that the local system [and most are overburdened] looked into for a short period and then declined to bring charges
the NFL "police" have been looking at this from many different angles for months without the normal constraints placed upon the local police and prosecutors

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
6 games is fine if true, but I'm not inclined to believe that the NFL has more/better information than the courts. Especially when there were so many different opportunities to prosecute him.

Perhaps they didn't want to prosecute him because of the fallout due to his celebrity?

The courts and the police get things wrong too.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think the thing I'm most upset at is still the inconsistency at the Brown suspension vs this suspension.

Why the large discrepancy in suspension? Not like Brown was accused of DV pre Ray Rice fiasco.
With a good amount of people watching, as that story blew up, they still gave him a game suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad