Post-Game Talk: Eyes blazing like a panther!

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Hyman sucked

He usually is better. I guess everyone has an off night.

Fatigue? Or his grinding role has his body aching lately. I dunno.

He almost pulled a carrick there and gave away the puck behind the Dallas net with our 6 man EN assault.

Noone was near him!! He fumbled the puck!

Hope this is an anomoly.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They cannot be third in the league. They have no defense. Whenever we play them it's high scoring all out offense games (that we win because whey have no defense).
If anything they have all defence. A handful of games against them doesn't mean they have no defence. They allow the 3rd fewest shots a game. They also employ a defensive coach so to say they have no defence is absurd.

Reactions: NCoRe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
horrible 2nd period but good everything else.

we'll be fine without freddy, btw.

yup. i remember last year he was struggling with injuries down the stretch, and so many people were losing their minds and acting like our season was over. He's great, but we're totally fine without him.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Also imagine if we had the same shoot out record as last year. We would be right in the middle of the dog fight for 3rd/wild card spot.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No, Radulov crashed into Andy on purpose...Polak barely touched him...Andy has been ran in alot this season by the opposition. How come we never crash into the oppositions' goalies?
This is bs and we don't have tenacious players that go to the net.

Reactions: NCoRe

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
We're 3 points back of the Jets, unfortunately for some strange reason on HF only the top 5 teams are contenders and that 3 points is all the world.

5 Wins for a new wins record. Probable

15 points for a new points record. Doable.

We might be the best bad team in history.

I think it has to do with the path we would have. Boston->Tampa->Pittsburgh. That's an insane path to have to take. If we make it no one will be able to say we 'lucked' into it.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
he didn't get a whole lot of opportunities, but he looked engaged and talented out there

Thanks. Hate looking at your avatar. Makes me miss him more lol. Change it. Jk. I know it’s a few years away but I wouldn’t mind seeing our elite skilled guys with ppl like kapanen, Johnsson etc. Not to praise or knock oilers but it seems like they’re looking for a kapanen or “hall” type player for his wing. Haha those guys are our 4th, is life good? Or bad

Edit: incase we got some critics up this late... hall <<kappy I was just referring to wingers who respect their speed

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
horrible 2nd period but good everything else.

we'll be fine without freddy, btw.

Short term yes but longer term that's highly debatable

Mac is a genuine backup not a 1B that can play multiple starts in a row without his play dropping off and the other two haven't proven anything in the NHL yet

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If Babcock gets us a cup, he should be extended beyond his contract.
Babcock is stubborn almost to a ridiculous level but he is still a terrific coach.

Reactions: Hockey Crazy

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Mann we does treally need mchellineny tomorrow night against the horrible sabres. They some real suckas.
We gon come out hard with a real boom y'all heard me. Andersen might be back saturday night again, they go at it with babcock I'm sure.

Polak, Roman played some tru corsi game tonight. He was just monstreaus with Komarov on the PK during the penalty kill of overtime. Polak was our truest bone crusher there, he almost killed a man like cypress hill say.

Reactions: LeafGrief

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think it has to do with the path we would have. Boston->Tampa->Pittsburgh. That's an insane path to have to take. If we make it no one will be able to say we 'lucked' into it.
some of these records need to have an asterisk beside them because over the years awarding of points and number of season games have changed, before you had to win in regulation to get 2 points, previous years totals are like comparing apples to oranges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad