Confirmed Signing with Link: Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Or Carrier. One or the other. Protecting Ennis over Carrier suggests the Sabres would rather lose Carrier than Ullmark, but I think McPhee chooses one of the two. The rest of his picks/roster will likely decide it.

OR, Vegas gets TVR AND a pick for the purpose of selecting Kruger. That would be my guess.

Yea but you're ruining my fun

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
McQuaid, Scandella/Dumba, Methot, Martin/Schlemko/Dillon, etc.

Kulikov isn't some highly in demand free agent. If they want him they can get him on July 1st, after getting a young asset from Buffalo in the ED.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The thing about Carrier is there are players like him available from other teams.

With Stolarz protected and Korpisalo apparently off limits due to their trade agreement, Ullmark is the best waiver exempt goalie prospect available.

Copely is good, but he's a UFA and much less valuable than Grubauer or Schmidt.

True. But I am not sure how important it is for Vegas to absolutely draft a waiver-exempt goaltender. They could end up with three expensive goaltenders and waive one after camp (the loser of the battle).

Example: they draft 5-6 goaltenders, including someone like a Lehtonen (in a prearranged deal with Dallas). He fails to make the team ahead of Fleury-Mrazek-Grubauer, and they send him down.

Another possibility is Vegas keeps 3 goaltenders in 2017-18. These are assets, after all. First-year teams often have rosters that look different than the norm.

Yea but you're ruining my fun

Sorry, I did not mean to poop your party.

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
The thing about Carrier is there are players like him available from other teams.

With Stolarz protected and Korpisalo apparently off limits due to their trade agreement, Ullmark is the best waiver exempt goalie prospect available.

Copely is good, but he's a UFA and much less valuable than Grubauer or Schmidt.

Ullmark is waiver exempt but also comes with a 750k one way deal.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
For Buffalo the first guy I'd target is UFA Kulikov to try and get a defenseman with term on a decent AAV.

They need a few players locked up long term.

Bogosian with 3 years at 5.1 mill A.A.V.

A little high........ on the $ side but is a legitimate top 4 D man. A new location may help and could be a great trade chip in 2 and 1/2 years at the trade deadline at 50 % of his cap hit.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
What is the probability of MAF being drafted to Vegas? Percentage wise?

I mean is it as close to 99.9% right now?

Wondering if Vegas screws PIT by doing something like drafting Rust or something.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
What is the probability of MAF being drafted to Vegas? Percentage wise?

I mean is it as close to 99.9% right now?

Wondering if Vegas screws PIT by doing something like drafting Rust or something.

Tbh, not sure why they'd take MAF given the other goalies who are available. Why not just grab Raanta, Grubauer, Mrazek, and Pickard? Chances are you'll get a younger/cheaper pairing with equal/better goaltending.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tbh, not sure why they'd take MAF given the other goalies who are available. Why not just grab Raanta, Grubauer, Mrazek, and Pickard? Chances are you'll get a younger/cheaper pairing with equal/better goaltending.

Fleury is a legit #1 goalie and has more value to a contender than those guys.

I'd be enticed by a solid younger player like Rust but I might take Fleury and flip him for a big return to a team like Philadelphia etc.

The problem is Fleury would have to waive again for the specific team Vegas would try and trade him to though IIRC

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Who? Demers? Why pick Demers when you can sign Kulikov and draft Marchessault?
Wasnt there a lot of rumors that teams were interested in trading for Demers this offseason when everyone figured FL was going to lose a d-man? So the question for Vegas really is whether the return on Demers is worth passing up on Marchessault (who's a UFA-to-be and has no history to suggest he'll repeat as a 30g scorer). They may get a better haul for a signed RHD like Demers than a UFA-to-be in Marchessault.

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
Who? Demers? Why pick Demers when you can sign Kulikov and draft Marchessault?

demers is a much better player and drives offense better. he had a relatively down year possession wise but over his career he's been a better possession player than kulikov. kulikov's not really at an age anymore where i think he's going to get much better, although d obviously tend to bloom later (24 seems to be the magic age there). demers moves the puck more quickly, is a more agile skater, gets his shot on net much more often... all this among other things like not getting caught away from the puck trying to line up a hit in open ice, lol. the only real argument is age and contract (wouldn't concern me if i'm vgk). they're pretty different players but in terms of impact demers is much better

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
demers is a much better player and drives offense better. he had a relatively down year possession wise but over his career he's been a better possession player than kulikov. kulikov's not really at an age anymore where i think he's going to get much better, although d obviously tend to bloom later (24 seems to be the magic age there). demers moves the puck more quickly, is a more agile skater, gets his shot on net much more often... all this among other things like not getting caught away from the puck trying to line up a hit in open ice, lol. the only real argument is age and contract (wouldn't concern me if i'm vgk). they're pretty different players but in terms of impact demers is much better

obviously Demers > Kulikov but...

Marchessault + Kulikov > xxxx + Demers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad