Confirmed Signing with Link: Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Only 20 of the 30 drafted players have to be under contract for the 2017-18 season.
Oh ok, thanks. I haven't really...looked at the rules yet. :laugh:

insomniac, don't you think swapping Grabner for Raanta would help that lineup quite a bit more, now and future? He's spent the last two years under Benoit Allaire and looks ready to be a full-time starter.

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
I heard Bieksa's injury prevented the buyout
You heard that here though. Bieksa being injured was something a poster here on hfboards originally came up with. You'll find no insider supporting that, Bieksa was cleared to play in the WCF and Ducks beat writer reported him as a buyout candidate last week if he was unwilling to waive his NMC (which it seems fairly likely he would have since Murray had the conversation with him last summer).

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
What do you expect MB/Radulov to say?

"Well, we already have a deal worked out and we are just waiting to sign it in order to circumvent the draft."

Not saying it is guaranteed he will come back, but I would take the current negotiation troubles with a grain of salt.

I am not sure the info Lebrun got came from Radulov and/or MB.

But Habs are in kinda maybe trouble. They have 15ish millions and Radulov, Markov, Galchenyuk to sign plus a few other players. They want a #1C which they will trade for Galchenyuk...now you will agree with me that if Galchenyuk is earning in the 4.5 ballpark, #1C is a 6+M guy.

I understand they want Vegas to pick Plekanec and free some space. But unless Montreal is paying me in gold bars...I would rather negotiate with Radulov who would be just a bit more expensive than Plekanec but would be a much better spark.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Agreed .. they have to ice a team .. unless the Ducks are giving up a good package of picks and prospects to leave those guys there.

The NHL puts things in their favor.. good players exposed so they can be competitive and they tank out of the gate

picks, especially mid to late first round are a crap shoot. they would be fools to not take proven 25 and younger players in my mind.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You heard that here though. Bieksa being injured was something a poster here on hfboards originally came up with. You'll find no insider supporting that, Bieksa was cleared to play in the WCF and Ducks beat writer reported him as a buyout candidate last week if he was unwilling to waive his NMC (which it seems fairly likely he would have since Murray had the conversation with him last summer).

I think what a lot of us ignored is that the Ducks still like Bieska as a player and didn't want to buy him out because then he couldn't play for them in 17-18. They ideally wanted to keep Bieska, Manson and Vatanen.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Speculation on our board is that Carrier was left exposed in a side deal for Vegas to spare Ullmark. We haven't been able to come up with any other reason why Ennis was protected over Carrier.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Radulov is most likely re-signing with th Habs. If it was about cashing in, he wouldn't have signed with Montreal in the fist place since there were better offers elsewhere last year.

Unless Bergevin really lowballs him, he'll stay in Montreal.

What were the better offers?

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
So here is a conspiracy theory for you drummed up by yours truly.

It seemed odd that the VGK were willing to take on Krugers salary to get TVR. Not many of us saw TVR as that valuable of an asset but Mcphee seems to see otherwise. Now obviously Kruger is a good player and his contract really isnt that bad for Vegas.

However incoming conspiracy theory. Maybe as a marketing ploy, Mcphee has a deal also in place with Toronto to get JVR and re-unite the brothers. Maybe a sign and trade as of July 1, since that is when JVR can sign a new extension?

JVR may actually be a valuable player for Vegas in their draft/develop phase.

Anyways carry on....

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think Ullmark is the obvious pick.

Or Carrier. One or the other. Protecting Ennis over Carrier suggests the Sabres would rather lose Carrier than Ullmark, but I think McPhee chooses one of the two. The rest of his picks/roster will likely decide it.

So here is a conspiracy theory for you drummed up by yours truly.

It seemed odd that the VGK were willing to take on Krugers salary to get TVR. Not many of us saw TVR as that valuable of an asset but Mcphee seems to see otherwise. Now obviously Kruger is a good player and his contract really isnt that bad for Vegas.

However incoming conspiracy theory. Maybe as a marketing ploy, Mcphee has a deal also in place with Toronto to get JVR and re-unite the brothers. Maybe a sign and trade as of July 1, since that is when JVR can sign a new extension?

JVR may actually be a valuable player for Vegas in their draft/develop phase.

Anyways carry on....

OR, Vegas gets TVR AND a pick for the purpose of selecting Kruger. That would be my guess.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Or Carrier. One or the other. Protecting Ennis over Carrier suggests the Sabres would rather lose Carrier than Ullmark, but I think McPhee chooses one of the two. The rest of his picks/roster will likely decide it.

The thing about Carrier is there are players like him available from other teams.

With Stolarz protected and Korpisalo apparently off limits due to their trade agreement, Ullmark is the best waiver exempt goalie prospect available.

Copely is good, but he's a UFA and much less valuable than Grubauer or Schmidt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad