GDT: Expansion Draft - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Schmidt is actually LH. He played on the right side so much recently that I didn't remember. My bad.

Check the last two pages of the previous thread for that "GAR" graph. That "GAR" graph actually suggests that Dano is twice the player Armia/Copp is, because it's cumulative, and Dano played about half the TOI Armia/Copp did while accumulating the same amount of "GAR".

Actually, those were GAR rates, so adjusted for time on ice, I believe.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
still a chance it can be hutch. only 2 goalies taken.

That would be a welcome surprise, means we're 100% upgrading in net for next season, whether that be through a starter/ someone to split time with Helle, or just an
actual competent backup. Either most likely improves goaltending enough to get us into the playoffs in a wildcard position.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Maybe Chevy just has a hand-crank fax machine, and that's why he is so inactive?

Inactive? There is literally only one team they are allowed to announce a trade with today and apparently one has happened.

Any subsequent movement is till under embargo until tomorrow morning.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'll be happy if they leave both Dano and Enstrom alone.

Depends on what they gave up and are getting back. If the difference is between Valimaki and Hague then I'd gladly give up either. But I'm probably alone in that opinion.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
So earlier on today, Garret tweeted and hinted that there might be another expansion draft next year because Bettman wouldn't let the league stay at an odd number of teams. Dunno if he actually knows something or he's just being a cheeky lad.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets should change their slogan from "Fueled by passion" to "Neither confirm, nor deny" or "Never seen, nor heard"

tumblr_nn4dr4FCgb1qjlor3o4_500.png

NdFZQNY.png

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Also, this tendency on this board to bash Jets players who are thought to be on their way out is not cool. If Dano is not picked, the same folks who spent the last 7 days talking crap about him will be saying what a genius move it was to protect both Dano and Toby.:laugh:

Actually, it's mostly bashing other posters who go squirrelly over departed players. I actually really like Dano and would be thrilled if they could keep him, too.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Actually, those were GAR rates, so adjusted for time on ice, I believe.

And you're wrong about that.

"The largest issue with the above GAR graph is that it looks at a player’s aggregate contributions, ignoring ice time. Looking at the above graph, we’d assume Lowry as the Jets best bottom-six even strength forward with his 4.4 even strength GAR*(combining EV Offense and EV Defense). Copp would come next with 2.0, then Armia at 1.9, and Dano at 1.7. However, Lowry skated for 934 even strength minutes compared to Dano’s 343. We adjust for ice time and we see Dano gave the Jets 0.30 GAR per hour of ice time, with Lowry at 0.28, Copp at 0.22, and Armia at 0.17." -- garret

https://jetsnation.ca/2017/05/24/pilots-logbook-marko-dano-2016-2017/

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
I mean in general. Would also explain the lack of leaks ;)

Teams aren't leaking these picks. The players agents are. Teams are under a lot of pressure today to not get caught letting anything slip.

NHL is trying to all of these little deadlines an "event" and draw media attention. With Bettman, you can **** with the on ice stuff, but do not mess with his attempts a generating media buzz. You will pay a price.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So earlier on today, Garret tweeted and hinted that there might be another expansion draft next year because Bettman wouldn't let the league stay at an odd number of teams. Dunno if he actually knows something or he's just being a cheeky lad.

There's some steam picking up with the announcement of reno's at KeyArena in Seattle, along with a group of investors that includes a few billionaires and Jerry Bruckheimer looking to bring in an NHL team. My guess is Seattle gets an expansion team announced for 18/19 season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
There's some steam picking up with the announcement of reno's at KeyArena in Seattle, along with a group of investors that includes a few billionaires and Jerry Bruckheimer looking to bring in an NHL team. My guess is Seattle gets an expansion team announced for 18/19 season.

There are a couple of tire fire franchises that might need to relocate, too.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

No renovation or arena will be completed in that time. A good discussion for another thread though.

We'll be in a world of hurt if an expansion draft happens in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad