Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Old thread was over the limit. Some of the last posts in the old thread:

Fleury+Berube.

No Raanta/Grubauer.

And consider this, If this season doesn't go well, and we look to be lottery bound, good chance Toby would wave his NMC and possibly net us a future 1st at the trade deadline.

That to me is well worth 2 draft spots.

Fleury and Berube so far.

Great question. With all the reports around draft picks this should have been the easiest to confirm.

Under no circumstance did I ever think MP was going to be be made available.

I don't anyone did until "Frenchie Loose Lips" made his statement at the golf course last week.

Under a 4-4-1 I, like everyone else, assumed Lowry would be exposed.

Nice theory, but nah.

Carry on.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Hoping we drop no further than the 15th. I'm guessing the later round pick would be one of our 7th round picks?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
It will be interesting to see what Chevy pulled out.

Dropping a couple spots and a late rounder doesn't move my rage needle at all, and it's a very sensitive rage needle with this franchise.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Maybe LV is taking someone like Chairot and not Dano? Giving up the extra draft pick and moving down a couple positions would all make sense!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hahahahaha. They took Berube? Berube is a bad goalie. Not even close to NHL calibre. With all the talent at goalie available one would think they would be taking something considerably better than that, even as a 3rd stringer.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Enstrom can be offered a 1 year deal, and we can still move him at the trade deadline if he agrees to move his NMC again, so theory still stands.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
If Chevy makes it out of this draft loosing Chariot + the 13th for 15th picks and a 3rd I'll be pretty happy.

If it's part of a bigger deal bringing in a LHD or Goalie I'll be tickled...

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Thanks guys for the context on the Reinhart selection.

I think somebody queried the Engelland pick. Apparently, he has ties to the area and lives in Las Vegas during the offseason. If the team are going extremely young, they might want a fighter in the team. Might help fire up the crowd as well, even if they aren't the best team this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him brought out during the announcements tonight (Foley said they are looking at bringing a few guys out to the awards) and I doubt Engelland would be flipped so he seems a good candidate.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
So what if we dropped down in the 1st and gave up a later pick to not lose Toby or Dano?

Whoa whoa an open mind and optimism has no place on this board.

Don't you understand that in this draft moving from 13 to 15 means moving from an elite talent to 4th round talent!

Just so it is clear :) :sarcasm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hahahahaha. They took Berube? Berube is a bad goalie. Not even close to NHL calibre. With all the talent at goalie available one would think they would be taking something considerably better than that, even as a 3rd stringer.

Don't know why everyone thinks McPhee is a genius.

Forsberg for Erat is so epically bad that he has some work to do to regain my confidence in his smarts.

His early drafting record with the Caps was a travesty. He got better later when he focused on Euros and Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->