GDT: Expansion Draft - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think we got Pickard. Makes a lot of sense. I guess we will find out soon

I find that doubtful to be honest. Vegas only drafted 2 NHL calibre goalies. They have Fleury signed for just one year. Pickard is their longterm option in net I would think depending on he does splitting with Fleury this year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't think we see these same expansion rules again. Owners won't wanna put their teams through this twice

I hope not. This was a farce.

Let teams protect more and just give the expansion team a bunch of extra draft picks. That's how they'll end up anyway, but it'll be more equitable for each of the teams.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Also third line due to coach usage is not the same as third line. Kessel pkaysbonnpittaburgs third line. Frolik played on Chicago's fourth line.

Seriously if anything im upset that we payed that much to protect Copp/Armia but honestly we probably need those players right now more then we need the pick value.

If anyone of these guys has a breakout season. Well be patting ourselves on the back about how good/fortunate we are we didn't give any of them up

jfc this

it was a push and I'm perfectly ok with it

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
All those guys would for sure be exposed then.

Laine, connor, ehlers, roslovic and scheifele would be exposed for sure? I don't think so.

And it looks like chevy and co value the current roster over any draft pick they could add, and a bad enstrom is still far better than chiarot/stu in the top 4.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Even though Anaheim lost Stoner and Theodore I'd say they made the best of a bad situation. Minnesota and the Islanders got taken, although Minnesota hasn't had to give up one of Dumba or Scandella for nothing.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Laine, connor, ehlers, roslovic and scheifele would be exposed for sure? I don't think so.

And it looks like chevy and co value the current roster over any draft pick they could add, and a bad enstrom is still far better than chiarot/stu in the top 4.

As in we would have to protect them. Plus Morrissey, Trouba...

Also if he would have addressed our weak left side last year we may not over value Enstrom as much.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
All those guys would for sure be exposed then.

I would suspect if the rules are the same that most if not all of those young guys would be protected.

Buff Little Wheeler Enstrom Myers not so much

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Way over the post limit - new thread coming soon.

And when it's posted: can a certain segment of the posting population cut out the flaming and trolling? Yeah, that'd be great.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->