GDT: Exhibition • North America vs. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'm excited to see McDavid back in action because duh. As a Leafs fan I can't wait to get a glimpse of Matthews for the first time since last year's WJCs, and as a Mooseheads fan I really hope Babcock reunites MacKinnon and Drouin for a few shifts because that would be really neat. Team NA may be gimmicky but it's a great way to create a little excitement about the young guns and begin marketing some of them to a wider audience for the first time.

McLellan is NA coach, Babcock is Canada's, but I agree!

Cannot wait for this. I'm hyped!!

200w.gif

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
C'mon Europe! Crush the NA kids and chip away at the team's confidence.

One gimmick is vastly worse than the other.

I don't get the hate for how the 8 teams were assembled. I honestly think it was a pretty unique way to include a lot of younger kids that might not have made the national team. I'm more excited to watch NA than my own country's team.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Europe D is really weak

Yeah was thinking the same thing.

I think Team NA is going to destroy Team Europe (unless Halak is great).

I may be wrong but it seems like some of those kids will cut thru that D like a hot knife thru butter.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can't wait for this game to start!

Looking forward to McDavid, Eichel and Matthews feeding Ghost on the PP :)

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I hope Team Europe is fun to watch. I have really good seats to their game against Czech Republic on the 19th

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Unsure if anyone has come up with this yet but Team NA's anthem needs to be What's My Age Again by Blink 182.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I don't think there practice games will tell you anything about motivation, have to wait until the real thing starts for that. As a Leaf fan, I'm looking forward to watching Matthews and as a hockey fan, I'm looking forward to this NA team as a whole!

I'm pretty eager to see this game. Both games (SWE-FIN; CZE-RUS) were quite a lot physical for a first exhibition game, for a first game they played together. And those are not NA teams, who are usually the most physical and aggressive, so I'm really looking forward to it.

The quality of hockey was already comparbale to the high-tempo playoff games at the Worlds :amazed: the speed was there, the effort, everything. There's no backing down.

If this is what their FIRST exhibition games look like.... I'm pretty curious what the teams look like when they play their final pre-tournament games, and eventually their first tournament games. The pace is ridiculous.

All in all, can't wait to see this game!!

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Surprised that Larkin sits, and one of Miller/Trochek don't.

Trochek and Miller are players who will play in checking-line type of roles, they are solid defensively and aggresive and physical. Larkin will certainly get his chance :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad