GDT: Exhibition • North America vs. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
i cant see how this is anything but +3 goal win for na..that speed..

this:handclap:
34 Auston Matthews

93 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

29 Nathan MacKinnon

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Resting? Lol. Larkin is 20. Lundqvist is like 35.

Why don't they rest McDavid? He's obv more important to the team. Shouldn't they rest him?

Larkin also isn't on either of the powerplay units. Is it because PPs are very draining? They need to protect him from all the harsh minutes on the PP?

No. It's because they aren't resting Larkin. He's just the worst player of the bunch at the moment.
Sorry should have put a sarcasm emoticon I guess. He's just not a lock to be in the lineup. I'd expect him to fight his way into being one of that team's best players in the end though.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
i guess they will have to, sooner or later. plus i suspect kopitar and hossa could make a great pair, one-click chemistry, as they've played a lot one against another.

it should be a fun game to watch, looking forward.

Would like to see all three paired together but then the other lines would look thin. Some ice time together would be fun.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Sorry should have put a sarcasm emoticon I guess. He's just not a lock to be in the lineup. I'd expect him to fight his way into being one of that team's best players in the end though.
My guess is some of the guys on Team NA will look rather...adventurous in their own end, and that'll bring Larkin into the lineup. Running 3 pure scoring lines is fine when guys are older and have had a chance to round out. With these guys, it might not be a smart move.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Will be an interesting match. I'm going to say Young Guns are the favorite. I read that 2 days ago Team Europe had only 2 lines practicing and many still traveling from the Olympic qualifiers.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm really looking forward to watching this.

Team Young Guns has the potential to outspeed anyone.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm really looking forward to watching this.

Team Young Guns has the potential to outspeed anyone.

McDavid, Eichel, Larkin, MacKinnon, Drouin, et al. Yeah, they are the fastest team.

These kids seem to be coming together and have an "us against the world" mentality. If they come together here and fight for each other, in a short tournament format like this they could surprise some people.

The D for Team NA is also being underrated. Those guys can all skate and move the puck.

I have a feeling these guys will be the darlings of the tournament and end up getting a lot of support from around the hockey world.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The coaches and his teammates seem to think very highly of him. He's already climbed up the depth chart to the 3rd line.

It'll be similar to the WHC IMO.

Yes he has never played an NHL game or against this level of competition, but his physical tools with his hockey IQ will make it very hard for him to not make an impact IMO.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It'll be similar to the WHC IMO.

Yes he has never played an NHL game or against this level of competition, but his physical tools with his hockey IQ will make it very hard for him to not make an impact IMO.

Agreed. Plus his 200 foot game will be valuable, he's solid in all 3 zones.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I'm excited to see McDavid back in action because duh. As a Leafs fan I can't wait to get a glimpse of Matthews for the first time since last year's WJCs, and as a Mooseheads fan I really hope McLellan reunites MacKinnon and Drouin for a few shifts because that would be really neat. Team NA may be gimmicky but it's a great way to create a little excitement about the young guns and begin marketing some of them to a wider audience for the first time.

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Panarin steals the show in his game.

Up to McDavid to keep better pace then in Calder voting...mm

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
If the quality of hockey is high and this team is exciting I think the "gimmick teams hate" will start to die down a bit.

Only a few more hours to go :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad