Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Always liked Joe Thornton, but I always wanted the Bruins to win a cup before he did. And that happened, so I feel like I have no issues with him. I'd love to see him in a Bruins one more time before the end of his career, but I don't see any likely chance of that happening as he's more or less established all of his roots in SJ and doesn't seem to have a close connection to the current team, management, or the city to "come home" before he retires. SJ is his home, and he'll be remembered as a Shark more than a Bruin.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I always liked Big Joe. I would love for him to win the cup before his career is done.

My daughter is a San Jose fan (Boston is still her # 1) so she gets to see him play often.

I know a few of the guys who work for the B's keep in touch with both Joe and Looch. Both were favorites of the guys who work for the team.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Hi guys. I'm not a Bruins fan. Hey do you guys all feel like Joe Thornton is your baby? You watched him be born in Boston and learn how to walk and then he grew up and went away to San Jose. Now he's a shark but he was born a bruin and you'll always love him like your baby.

This post made me smile, especially the last part. Went from hypothetical to irrefutable fact in a hurry. :laugh:

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Seems that Seidenberg is outplaying the overrated Boychuk on the Islanders back end. 4 goals and 12 points in 26 games, +12 with an average TOI of 19:17. He wasn't done, he just needed time to recover from his injury.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Reilly Smith was the recipient of a devastating (but legal) hit from Niklas Kronwall.

ASM9Ozg.gif

I'll play Eddie O for a second. "Kids, if you are watching at home, you canNOT make that pass."

I don't know if they were ever confirmed, but I recall reading rumors that Reilly Smith was incensed his then-Bruins teammates were going after his brother when the B's faced the Wings in the playoffs.

I wonder how Brendan Smith feels about this?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Reilly Smith was the recipient of a devastating (but legal) hit from Niklas Kronwall.

ASM9Ozg.gif

I'll play Eddie O for a second. "Kids, if you are watching at home, you canNOT make that pass."

I don't know if they were ever confirmed, but I recall reading rumors that Reilly Smith was incensed his then-Bruins teammates were going after his brother when the B's faced the Wings in the playoffs.

I wonder how Brendan Smith feels about this?

If that's true, Reilly Smith is really lucky his last name isn't Suter!:laugh:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm not a big fan of Hamilton and I'm glad we traded him but he's been killing it lately. Funny how many Bruins fans called a 21-23 year old a bust.

The Kevin Miller fans hahahahaha

The only people who are fans of Kevan miller are his family, management and claude

Funny, I'd guess 95% of the time KMiller is brought up it's to absolve another player (even guys on other teams! :laugh:) from some kind of criticism.

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Buddy pass. And I cant help but enjoy it. Hope hes not hurt but HAHA Smith.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If Chiarelli had only traded for Freddie we'd still have him

Sometimes extortion has a happy ending

Calgary sucks. Dougie sucks. I bet somewhere deep inside Freddie's toes curled when Dougie and his mum and dad kept badgering teams to bring in poor old Fredo and give him a cushy Vegas job that he never earned or was qualified for. Hope it doesn't end with a fsmall ishing boat ride in a mountain lake!:laugh:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If the Bruins didn't trade Hamilton and Seguin two very good your players the future would look brighter.
Wouldn't be as bad if some of the players they received were playing for the team.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Chiarelli had only traded for Freddie we'd still have him

Sometimes extortion has a happy ending

All jokes aside, any insight as to why he didn't want to play here? Was it really the teams refusal to sign bro Freddy? Or his dislike for Clode? A combination of both..?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
All jokes aside, any insight as to why he didn't want to play here? Was it really the teams refusal to sign bro Freddy? Or his dislike for Clode? A combination of both..?

Everyone says his helicopter parents wanted him in Canada, that was the number one rumor/insider info. Others spun it that he hated Claude (you can guess who did that), hated the system (ditto), and hated his teammates, blah, blah, blah. The one insider I trust stated way back before Dougie ever played a game with Boston that he would never, ever sign a RFA contract. Pretty hard to hate Claude, the system, or the players before your first training camp, eh?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Don't look now, but a guy Boston couldn't even give a qualifying offer to last summer in Brett Connolly, has 7 goals in 30 games for the Washington Capitals, essentially a 20 goal pace.

To put that into perspective.

That's the combined goal scoring output of Nash, Hayes, Belesky, and Blidh so far this season in almost FOUR times as many man-games at 125.

It's a good thing Boston let him walk for free so they could give Nash a two-year deal and retain Jimmy Hayes.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So you want Brett Connolly on this team?

More than Nash and Hayes? You betcha.

And this isn't hindsight. I stated last year that Connolly is a better player than Hayes and should be retained if they are choosing between the two.

But Connolly was a Chiarelli acquisition, and Hayes was Sweeney's, hence Hayes is the one still here.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Team game like hockey can't be won by an individual... even orr didn't win every game he played

That said, guys who play a weak team game AND are skilled enough to be looked at as the captain (even when they have no leadership value) tend to have losing and underachievement follow them around

I mean 29 teams lose every year so all players experience some losing... but there are still guys who have gobs of talent and NEVER WIN... and these are guys you can't give your cap too... guys you can't get stuck with as your team 'leader'

Luckily bruin management has always understood this and other than a brief period of time when thornton, boynton, raycroft ran the clubhouse we'vs always been quick to move guys that would cripple the team identity

Other SUPER talented teams miss playoffs.. underachieve... so fans that want to say our team philosophy dooms us... probably are fans that forget we are one of the three most successful playoff franchises over the last 8 years

No one wins every single season

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Don't look now, but a guy Boston couldn't even give a qualifying offer to last summer in Brett Connolly, has 7 goals in 30 games for the Washington Capitals, essentially a 20 goal pace.

To put that into perspective.

That's the combined goal scoring output of Nash, Hayes, Belesky, and Blidh so far this season in almost FOUR times as many man-games at 125.

It's a good thing Boston let him walk for free so they could give Nash a two-year deal and retain Jimmy Hayes.

Never understood why Connolly didn't come back, wouldn't have cost much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca