Proposal: Evgeny Kuznetsov

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
This..................not to mention the potential for trouble with the night life, in Montreal.

Guy is a talent, but there is so much more going on here....

This

The last place where a guy with substance addiction need to be is MTL . I'm nightlife retired now but i used to be a party animal and partied in many towns in Canada ans a couple times in the U.S. No place compare with MTL except maybe Vegas and some crazy resorts in the Carribeans.

We may not have won a cup in 30+ years but we still have the best Nightlife in North America lol

Reactions: BLONG7

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
This

The last place where a guy with substance addiction need to be is MTL . I'm nightlife retired now but i used to be a party animal and partied in many towns in Canada ans a couple times in the U.S. No place compare with MTL except maybe Vegas and some crazy resorts in the Carribeans.

We may not have won a cup in 30+ years but we still have the best Nightlife in North America lol

1709480771221.jpeg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wish this player well. I hope he didn't snort away all of his millions and I hope the player assistance program he just completed made him realize that the battle continues. One day at a time!

Reactions: 26Mats and BLONG7

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Why is this a thread?

I love your positivity, but this is just an absolute terrible idea. You're taking on a cap dump for free.

To show you how horrendous and how much the Habs should stay away from him, I'd hesitate to trade Gallagher for him.
I'd add a 2nd with Gallagher to make sure it happens.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
He is on waiver right now, Kent Hughes, Jeff Gorton and all Habs fan wanted a really good top 6 player.

That's a chance to take that top 6 forward free!!

Let's do it!!

Welcome to the Habs my man!!!
Nope. The tank is on.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As our friend Tony would say “is this a joke?”

As a bored Habs fan, who's enjoying stockpiling youth being at the bottom of the league but not enjoying the process, the day to day, of being at the bottom of the league, it would be fun to add Kuznetzov for say two of Armia, Dvo, and Allen.

The cap hits would even out and all deals would be up by summer 2025. Would be fun to see what kuzy could do. Though of course Hugjes would have to do his due diligence to make sure kuzy wouldn't be a bad influence on the youth.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
In some ways, a Bryan Fogarty type story. Are Kuznetsov's abilities worth the effort that would be needed to clean him up and would he be able to deal with the constant scrutiny if he played here? If yes, then Washington would have kept him.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I wouldn't be opposed to trading for him if Hughes and company did their due diligence and gave the go ahead. It's not as simple as saying him and the MTL nightlife is a bad mix, when your a rich athlete any NHL city will offer those temptations.

If Gallagher for Kuznetsov was actually on the table then that's a no brainer for us because even in the worst of cases you simply buy him out over the summer and have a cap hit of 3.8 and then 2m which is huge savings over Gallagher's contract. It could even be good example for the young guys on the dangers of going down that road.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
In some ways, a Bryan Fogarty type story. Are Kuznetsov's abilities worth the effort that would be needed to clean him up and would he be able to deal with the constant scrutiny if he played here? If yes, then Washington would have kept him.
You aren't going to clean him up unless he wants to be.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Was that irony thread or a 1st degree thread?

They can easily take Kovacevic in waiver, but when talent are there like Tolvanen and Kuznetsov. No way, Habs are afraid of talented players like that.

They can easily traded Kuz next year on deadline, but yeah you know, have fun with your superstar D Jonathan "can't make a pass" Kovacevic. What a pick-up, wow!!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Kuznetsov had any value at 50% he'd be gone instead of waived. Caps were hoping a bottom feeding team would take him on but it's a dumb gamble if that team isn't receiving major compensation in the first place. They will simply buy him out in the summer. If they don't want to do that then I'm fine with taking him and buying him out if we get their 1st.

Reactions: John B and mdk

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They can easily take Kovacevic in waiver, but when talent are there like Tolvanen and Kuznetsov. No way, Habs are afraid of talented players like that.

They can easily traded Kuz next year on deadline, but yeah you know, have fun with your superstar D Jonathan "can't make a pass" Kovacevic. What a pick-up, wow!!
I mean, Mario Lemieux is definitely more talented than Evegeny Kuznetsov and we aren't offering him a deal either.

Also, the Caps are one of the few teams that are more goal-starved than the Montreal Canadiens. One would think they'd keep him if he could contribute.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Kuz like Galchy got involved in some funky business. Do you really want this guy in town? I mean the nightlife has taken a hit since Covid but there's lots, even more junkies out there than ever before. He's surely going to be a great role model for the kids. Not to mention, we once
had Drouin, although we will never truly know why he asked for a leave from the team. Anyways, be patient. Suzuki is showing flashes of a superstar recently, along with Slaf and Cole. The downside of having money is that some people blow it all away for temporary happiness in alcohol, gambling and drugs.

Last edited:

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
If Kuznetsov had any value at 50% he'd be gone instead of waived. Caps were hoping a bottom feeding team would take him on but it's a dumb gamble if that team isn't receiving major compensation in the first place. They will simply buy him out in the summer. If they don't want to do that then I'm fine with taking him and buying him out if we get their 1st.

HuGo should do more of these moves. It's the only way to draft quality players or at least acquire great prospects through trades. He got two firsts for Monahan.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The Caps may be hoping he doesn't report to the AHL so they can get out of that contract.

Reactions: rahad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad