Proposal: Evgeny Kuznetsov

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why is this a thread?

I love your positivity, but this is just an absolute terrible idea. You're taking on a cap dump for free.

To show you how horrendous and how much the Habs should stay away from him, I'd hesitate to trade Gallagher for him.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
You seriously want to risk picking up a guy with a coke problem who carries a 7.8M cap hit?!

To show you how horrendous and how much the Habs should stay away from him, I'd hesitate to trade Gallagher for him.

Easy now....even a drugged out Kuznetzov outproduces Gallagher by a fair margin. If Caps were taking Gallagher off our hands, with his term remaining vs. just one more year for Kuznetzov, I'd jump.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You seriously want to risk picking up a guy with a coke problem who carries a 7.8M cap hit?!

Easy now....even a drugged out Kuznetzov outproduces Gallagher by a fair margin. If Caps were taking Gallagher off our hands, with his term remaining vs. just one more year for Kuznetzov, I'd jump.

You're exaggerating, I'd trade Gallagher for Kuznetsov without blinking.
Gallagher sucks. His contract sucks. You need those "good pros" and while Gallagher is one we can do without, Kuznetsov is not a "good" pro.

His presence would just do more damage than help anywhere.

You'd do the trade in the offseason and buy Kuznetsov out right away.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Maybe he can help ummm... put a little jump in guys like the wonky donkey. Get him going so to speak.

Seriously though... Montreal nightlife would be best friend and worst enemy. Good times. Career ending.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Gallagher sucks. His contract sucks. You need those "good pros" and while Gallagher is one we can do without, Kuznetsov is not a "good" pro.

His presence would just do more damage than help anywhere.

You'd do the trade in the offseason and buy Kuznetsov out right away.
His presence wouldn't be anywhere near the roster and Gallagher would be gone. 2 birds, 1 stone. You can forget about it though, because Washington would never do this trade to begin. Getting rid of 3 years of Gallagher is harder than burying a substance abuser.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A player with over 700 games gets waived. That's how you do business.

What do you mean?

I say if a player is no longer helping them team, they shouldn't be on the team.

Habs fans sure love their washed up big names. Pass.

You mean like Monahan? Oh wait.

I'm all for claiming him.

Keep him and trade him in off-season with retention or next year with retention.

He could a better 3c than Dvo.

But emphasis on 3c. If a player has been doing cocaine long enough, it can seriously affect their body and in turn play. I've seen it many times.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He is on waiver right now, Kent Hughes, Jeff Gorton and all Habs fan wanted a really good top 6 player.

That's a chance to take that top 6 forward free!!

Let's do it!!

Welcome to the Habs my man!!!
Not really, 32 years old with issues. Potential Conflict with our culture. Plus 8 million next year. Going to stop us from making another move this summer . Too much money and too much risk for me.

Reactions: viceroy and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not really, 32 years old with issues. Potential Conflict with our culture. Plus 8 million next year. Going to stop us from making another move this summer . Too much money and too much risk for me.

What if there are no other moves to make with the cap space?

I mean I take Monahan over kuzy, but it's not looking good for Monahan to return.

Last edited:

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I actually want the Canadiens to acquire him, but no interest in having him play for the Habs. They could get some real good assets for taking his contract from the Capitals, and then they could just drop him.
The assets they would get is not worth the risk + salary retention.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
What do you mean?

I say if a player is no longer helping them team, they shouldn't be on the team.

You mean like Monahan? Oh wait.

He could a better 3c than Dvo.

But emphasis on 3c. If a player has been doing cocaine long enough, it can seriously affect their body and in turn play. I've seen it many times.
Is it fact that..that's why he was in the assistance program because of coke or are all you guys just making assumptions

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is it fact that..that's why he was in the assistance program because of coke or are all you guys just making assumptions
There was a video of him in a hotel with what was pretty clearly cocaine next to him.

Then a year later he goes onto the player assistance program.

Then he gets out after a very short time.

Then his team puts him on waivers.

All not good signs.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
There was a video of him in a hotel with what was pretty clearly cocaine next to him.

Then a year later he goes onto the player assistance program.

Then he gets out after a very short time.

Then his team puts him on waivers.

All not good signs.dl

Didn't a teammate of his say he was on the candy during the whole 2018 run ?

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad