Proposal: Evgeny Kuznetsov

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
He is on waiver right now, Kent Hughes, Jeff Gorton and all Habs fan wanted a really good top 6 player.

That's a chance to take that top 6 forward free!!

Let's do it!!

Welcome to the Habs my man!!!
Isn't he in the assistance program we should probably pass.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I actually want the Canadiens to acquire him, but no interest in having him play for the Habs. They could get some real good assets for taking his contract from the Capitals, and then they could just drop him.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
I don't think I'd claim him, but might work out a deal with Washington for him.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Caps first rounder (even if it is lottery protected, because they've been bad for two years in a row). Maybe ship out some dead weight (like Dvorak, Armia, or Allen) at the same time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He is on waiver right now, Kent Hughes, Jeff Gorton and all Habs fan wanted a really good top 6 player.

That's a chance to take that top 6 forward free!!

Let's do it!!

Welcome to the Habs my man!!!

If they do look at him, it would likely be short term. Try to build him up for next year's trade deadline ala Monahan.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The only issue is that he signed for next year as well, performance have drop off significantly… If he doesn’t bound back it pretty big anchor even if it is only 1 season.

Reactions: barbu

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The only issue is that he signed for next year as well, performance have drop off significantly… If he doesn’t bound back it pretty big anchor even if it is only 1 season.

That's where we have to look at opportunity cost. What moves could Hughes have up his sleeve that we are not privy to, and what moves would kuzy's cap hit get in the way of? Only Hughes knows.

If he doesn't have much else going on, and you have the cap space to try and reclaim this project and turn it into something, then I assume Hughes has to seriously consider it.

Reactions: John B

John B

Nov 19, 2016
This is why I hope he clears waivers and Montreal makes a deal with the Caps. Monahan struggled in Calgary as well and there were health concerns with him before he was dealt to Habs. Luckily, he was productive enough with the Habs and they were able to get another asset for him. Had he not been productive, he simply would have left as a UFA last year and the Habs would have the Calgary 1st to show for it. Same could happen here with the Caps if they are willing to do it. I would offer Dvorak as part of the deal to help soften the cap hit blow for the Habs and give the Caps an option up the middle for next season. If they prefer a smaller cap hit I would offer up Allen or Armia. If they don't want cap coming back the price goes up to take on Kuznetsov.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Washington aren't contenders so I can't see them wanting to pay us anything to take that contract, esp since it's done at the end of next year.

Pass.

Reactions: barbu and Pomee

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Only thing I would consider is picking him up and moving him at 50% retention. Would need to javelin a deal in place first tho

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Claim! Claim! Claim! Worst case he doesn't play a single game for us and then goes UFA.

Pretty sure he ends up in Arizona, they've got the sugar...

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Washington aren't contenders so I can't see them wanting to pay us anything to take that contract, esp since it's done at the end of next year.

Pass.

I wish it was prime grade Kuznetsov we would be getting.

This would be the first nhl deal that involves a suitcase

1709410224989.gif

If we paid his salary in pure Colombian dream, I assume that wouldn’t go against the cap?

——
That’s all I got

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Hint: If that was possible, he wouldn't have been waived.
This year no but next year maybe if he cleans his shit and have a good season.

Don't think i'd do it though not the kind of vets we want around at the very best we would get a late first in 2025.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This year no but next year maybe if he cleans his shit and have a good season.

Don't think i'd do it though not the kind of vets we want around at the very best we would get a late first in 2025.
There is no next year. He's gone to unrestricted free agency.

Edit: ah, he's got 1 year left.. Ookay

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Used to be one of my favorite players. He was incredible during the cup run. Fantastic skater. I kind of want him, however it's worrying that he's on waivers. He was ppg just two years ago. It makes it seem his problems are really serious.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Assuming this is a result of poor play? Or something else the Caps are not happy with?? Is there still an underlying issue?

Old Don Cherry is laughing at this news by the way......got to admit I hated that guys goal celebration too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00