Proposal: Evgeny Kuznetsov

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
I get Montreal is rebuilding, but do we need a thread for every single washed up loser that is remotely available?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They can easily take Kovacevic in waiver, but when talent are there like Tolvanen and Kuznetsov. No way, Habs are afraid of talented players like that.

They can easily traded Kuz next year on deadline, but yeah you know, have fun with your superstar D Jonathan "can't make a pass" Kovacevic. What a pick-up, wow!!

Tolvanen was a miss.

I doubt we'll be saying the same for kuzy. Though I would have liked to have seen that show - maybe deep down because if he's a disaster it helps the tank.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Will he report to the AHL? That's alot of dough to walk away from if he does not report to Hershey

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I get Montreal is rebuilding, but do we need a thread for every single washed up loser that is remotely available?
Considering we're on page 4. I'd say there is quite a bit of interest, whether positive or negative with regards to Kuznetsov.

Personally I'm on the fence about obtaining a player in Kuzy's situation. With our coaches and management team being more hands on, then what we've seen in the past. I'm not worried about the influence he would have on the kids.

The red flag for me is similar to PLD (Attitude). When Kuzy wants to play, he's a top 15 to 20 center in the league. From watching him over the years and talking to Caps fans. None doubted his talent, but more his commitment to playing hockey.

As for the Montreal night life being a negative influence on Kuzy. It doesn't matter where you live. Hell as I've mentioned before, I live in a hick town. I can jump in my car, and within minutes. Find any drug or vice I want.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

$7.8M plus a $2M signing bonus to start next season... ouch! Lol
I think they could have let him finish the year and dealt with him in the summer. Waiving the player who led your team in scoring to your only cup win is disrespectful.

Reactions: Habs13

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Considering we're on page 4. I'd say there is quite a bit of interest, whether positive or negative with regards to Kuznetsov.

Personally I'm on the fence about obtaining a player in Kuzy's situation. With our coaches and management team being more hands on, then what we've seen in the past. I'm not worried about the influence he would have on the kids.

The red flag for me is similar to PLD (Attitude). When Kuzy wants to play, he's a top 15 to 20 center in the league. From watching him over the years and talking to Caps fans. None doubted his talent, but more his commitment to playing hockey.

As for the Montreal night life being a negative influence on Kuzy. It doesn't matter where you live. Hell as I've mentioned before, I live in a hick town. I can jump in my car, and within minutes. Find any drug or vice I want.
Most of the interest is in saying it was a dumb idea, which it was.

There's a lot of players who do drugs and whatnot, but only the truly idiotic ones get caught doing it. Kuznetsov is a truly idiotic individual.

But alas, any useless, washed up, idiotic individual that hits waivers almost always gets their own thread here because someone comes on late thinking they're super smart and suggest grabbing that player when it's already been discussed in the appropriate thread.

Why this is constantly allowed is beyond me, but the mods never delete it and then other posters think their terrible idea is a good idea.

It's always great when they make their own thread for their terrible trade proposal, but those mostly get deleted.

PLD was at least different as there was expressed interest and a lot of "insiders" were saying it had a high probability to be an actual acquisition.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

I think they could have let him finish the year and dealt with him in the summer. Waiving the player who led your team in scoring to your only cup win is disrespectful.
If what I've read/heard is true. Kuzy hasn't wanted to be in Washington for a few years now. My guess is they've tried to trade him, and were unable to get anything of value for him. If a player doesn't want to play for you. Personally I feel the best thing to do is remove that player. Why delay is a couple of months. When it seems if they can't find someone to take him. They'll probably just buy him out in the off season.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Most of the interest is in saying it was a dumb idea, which it was.

There's a lot of players who do drugs and whatnot, but only the truly idiotic ones get caught doing it. Kuznetsov is a truly idiotic individual.

But alas, any useless, washed up, idiotic individual that hits waivers almost always gets their own thread here because someone comes on late thinking they're super smart and suggest grabbing that player when it's already been discussed in the appropriate thread.

Why this is constantly allowed is beyond me, but the mods never delete it and then other posters think their terrible idea is a good idea.

It's always great when they make their own thread for their terrible trade proposal, but those mostly get deleted.

PLD was at least different as there was expressed interest and a lot of "insiders" were saying it had a high probability to be an actual acquisition.
Nobody is saying that he isn't idiotic. It's more a discussion of whether he can come close to being the player he once was. Or how he would fit or be a non fit to the team.

Like I mentioned, whether the responses to this thread are positive or negative. It has created a discussion. So as long as the thread is within the rules. Why would the mods take it down? Maybe merge it into the Trade thread. But sometimes that becomes confusing.

I'm actually hoping management doesn't think the same way you do. Every player, regardless of the reason they're being made available. I hope management is having discussions to see if said player would help the team or not.

As for PLD, I used him as an example for why I was glad we didn't end up with him. Not for a reason why he should have been allowed to have his own thread.

Reactions: Habs13

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Nobody is saying that he isn't idiotic. It's more a discussion of whether he can come close to being the player he once was. Or how he would fit or be a non fit to the team.

Like I mentioned, whether the responses to this thread are positive or negative. It has created a discussion. So as long as the thread is within the rules. Why would the mods take it down? Maybe merge it into the Trade thread. But sometimes that becomes confusing.

I'm actually hoping management doesn't think the same way you do. Every player, regardless of the reason they're being made available. I hope management is having discussions to see if said player would help the team or not.

As for PLD, I used him as an example for why I was glad we didn't end up with him. Not for a reason why he should have been allowed to have his own thread.
I honestly didn't see the PLD thing, or remember that was just an independent thing.

The team is going to look at who can make the team better and make trades. Liked the Dach acquisition, not so much the Newhook one and looking at the prospects that could have been in the pool makes it worse, but I digress as that's going off somewhere else.

There was never going to be a team claiming Kuznetsov. That's what makes it idiotic to even discuss.

You don't claim a 7+ cap hit because. If Kuznetsov was going to move to another team he would have never hit waivers. You trade some salary back, or get an asset for doing it, or you don't touch him at all.

The Habs, as much as they're battling and still playing hard that's great, but the Habs need to lose games. Kuznetsov comes in, sucks, so the Habs still lose that's bad as the Habs look like compete idiots for taking on that contract for free.

Kuznetsov comes in plays well, Habs still miss the playoffs, draft 12th and hope they can offload Kuznetsov at 50% retained for a late 1st.

Yeah, you got to see Kuznetsov do well and maybe make it more worth while to watch the Habs, but you're just seeing management try to stupidly rush the rebuild/retool for it to almost surely fail.

After next season Kuznetsov is gone back to Russia to finish his playing days, I'm fairly certain of that. If he's willing to sign cheap 2 mill, or less a team needed depth, but no real cap space might try him.

Remember the "publicity" around the Habs for the "worst day in Habs history" with the Kostitsyn Brothers and Hamrlik and their affiliation with gangs and going to be arrested as soon as they stepped off the plane ? Yeah, Montreal, the city that loves rumours over fact, especially for hockey would just go at it like crazy.

For all the good reasons to go after him, the number of bad reason far exceeds it.

Now, if the caps decide to retain some and take bad contracts back, then maybe there's some room for discussion, but I imagine with what the Habs had to deal with with Mailloux, they're going to try and avoid that.

So, no Kuznetsov, no Connolley at the draft, nothing like that.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I honestly didn't see the PLD thing, or remember that was just an independent thing.

The team is going to look at who can make the team better and make trades. Liked the Dach acquisition, not so much the Newhook one and looking at the prospects that could have been in the pool makes it worse, but I digress as that's going off somewhere else.

There was never going to be a team claiming Kuznetsov. That's what makes it idiotic to even discuss.

You don't claim a 7+ cap hit because. If Kuznetsov was going to move to another team he would have never hit waivers. You trade some salary back, or get an asset for doing it, or you don't touch him at all.

The Habs, as much as they're battling and still playing hard that's great, but the Habs need to lose games. Kuznetsov comes in, sucks, so the Habs still lose that's bad as the Habs look like compete idiots for taking on that contract for free.

Kuznetsov comes in plays well, Habs still miss the playoffs, draft 12th and hope they can offload Kuznetsov at 50% retained for a late 1st.

Yeah, you got to see Kuznetsov do well and maybe make it more worth while to watch the Habs, but you're just seeing management try to stupidly rush the rebuild/retool for it to almost surely fail.

After next season Kuznetsov is gone back to Russia to finish his playing days, I'm fairly certain of that. If he's willing to sign cheap 2 mill, or less a team needed depth, but no real cap space might try him.

Remember the "publicity" around the Habs for the "worst day in Habs history" with the Kostitsyn Brothers and Hamrlik and their affiliation with gangs and going to be arrested as soon as they stepped off the plane ? Yeah, Montreal, the city that loves rumours over fact, especially for hockey would just go at it like crazy.

For all the good reasons to go after him, the number of bad reason far exceeds it.

Now, if the caps decide to retain some and take bad contracts back, then maybe there's some room for discussion, but I imagine with what the Habs had to deal with with Mailloux, they're going to try and avoid that.

So, no Kuznetsov, no Connolley at the draft, nothing like that.
Your arguements are strong for not trying to get him. So thank you for taking the time to reply back.

The time and effort you put in kind of proves my point though. Not only did you say it was an idiotic idea to try to get Kuzy. You more than backed it up. When someone proposes we get a player who may be available. They might not have full information on that player. Or on the opposing teams needs. So what might seem like an "idiotic" idea to you or me. Might not seem that way to others.

By taking the time to create a post like this. You help create interest as well as educate some of our more let's say non dedicated posters. So when I see a thread that I find "idiotic". I'll still take the time to read their reasoning behind it. If I still find it "idiotic", I'll skip it and go to the next one lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad