Player Discussion Evgeny Kuznetsov

Will Evgeny Kuznetsov be a member of the Capitals next season?

• Total voters

Shurik

Jun 5, 2018
Toronto
You're right, idk why I though the contract was gonna be up soon lol.

Ovie I can see playing as long as he doesn't get injured and the team lets him play - the guy just loves the game!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I was forced to make a decision on my next jersey purchase about 2 years ago. It was down to Willy vs Kuzy. Anyone that knows RandyHolt knows he loves him some rough and tumble play. I chose Kuzy. Only today do I feel fully validated in that choice. Time to get a Willy though, who has been very strong this loffs.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I was forced to make a decision on my next jersey purchase about 2 years ago. It was down to Willy vs Kuzy. Anyone that knows RandyHolt knows he loves him some rough and tumble play. I chose Kuzy. Only today do I feel fully validated in that choice. Time to get a Willy though, who has been very strong this loffs.

That’s literally the dilemma I’ve been facing for the last 4 months. Out of those two and which style....

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Man oh man, Oshie is growing on me big time. The mans a menace! Caps merchandise sales are going through the roof. Flashing back to a good ole boy at a game with Erskine and a #4 both in masking tape on a blank jersey. The guy was way ahead of his time. Or way behind. Not sure which.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Im thinking a new jersey too, besides the obvious Ovie i have. Im thinking outside the box and might go with Orpik!

Though ill wait for the summer before making up my mind. If Orpik is traded and Willy signs a mid or long term im gonna go with him. Or if he signs shorty then its gonna be between Kuzy and Oshie who will likely be hanging around for the decade :)

On to the topic. Weve all known how good Kuzy could be and to finally seeing him bursting into the superstar category in these playoffs is just amazing. Its been long and bumpy road from the day McPhee called his name in Los Angeles but here we are!

And Im really hoping that the Eagle celebration takes some wind and i can see the whole team and the fans doing the Eagle on thursday. Just to make the rest of the hfboards explode!

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Kuzy is the only Caps jersey I've ever owned. I got it about 1.5 years ago, never regretted it. He's the next face of the franchise.

I would have gone with Ovie, but he's well represented enough at CapOne.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I've got three Ovie jerseys: Dynamo Moscow white; standard home red, and WC brick red (which is still my favorite Caps jerseys of all time; shut it, haters)

Odds are very high Kuzy will be my next one. Just gotta decide on throwback red or WC blue.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Kuzy is the only Caps jersey I've ever owned. I got it about 1.5 years ago, never regretted it. He's the next face of the franchise.

I would have gone with Ovie, but he's well represented enough at CapOne.

I had the same thought. An arena full of 8 needed some variety. Variety is the spice of life. The NHL needs to have more summer weight aka quick dry gear. I am going to keep beating the drums until I can get a sweater thin enough to wear on the hottest days the season. Which not coincidentally, is right now.

Reactions: Shurik

Shurik

Jun 5, 2018
Toronto

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I have a white throwback winter classic jersey with 90. I have an original game work road red 9 from like 92. I have a screaming eagle and a current home red without numbers. my favorite though is a blue defenseman practice sweater. they changed them for this year and I need to get one of those. this one in red or white.

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
Purchased a Kuzy jersey for my friend’s birthday at the onset of Kuzy’s second season. Wish I had purchased it for myself. Purchased a Orlov jersey prior to this season. I have the old school white jersey with the fight strap attached to the back. Number 32 Berube. Everytime I wear it someone wants to buy it from me.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

100% Cotton T-Shirts :)

Quick Dry for the win. 100% Cotton is rather dated. I prefer the sweat controlled self cooling ok and highly flammable options these days. A nice rayon polyester nylon blend. Of which, I have ever been able to locate just 1.

3t15rq.jpg

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
If the Caps wins the Cup, I'll certainly buy all those "funny" t-shirts
like "we're not gonna be suck" "the-save" what else rmnb did? or someone else??
But to make them come to Europe, it will cost 2, 3 times more than the t-shirts lol
and my american contact here in belgium, lives now in usa (thanks to her, I've paid like 5$ the shipping cost when I bought my Ovi WC jersey against the Pens)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
But to make them come to Europe, it will cost 2, 3 times more than the t-shirts lol
and my american contact here in belgium, lives now in usa (thanks to her, I've paid like 5$ the shipping cost when I bought my Ovi WC jersey against the Pens)

Your post sent me over to RMNB to buy a "we're not going to be suck" T shirt. FYI, they're limited stock and the site says only one more day to buy them.

Not Going to Be Suck

I just scored the T and a coffee mug, which will now become the only coffee mug I'll ever use.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I've got three Ovie jerseys: Dynamo Moscow white; standard home red, and WC brick red (which is still my favorite Caps jerseys of all time; shut it, haters)

Odds are very high Kuzy will be my next one. Just gotta decide on throwback red or WC blue.
I went for WC Blue Willy. Love it.

Also, Gonna be rocking my Bondra sweater in Vegas. Hubby with the WC brick Backstrom. The old and the new. Git it!

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I went for WC Blue Willy. Love it.

Also, Gonna be rocking my Bondra sweater in Vegas. Hubby with the WC brick Backstrom. The old and the new. Git it!

Stadium Series No Skill Willy might be my next purchase. I don't really wear jerseys too often (much prefer sweatshirts) but I think this year merits an exception.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
As long as we are talking about this stuff. Ive noticed Orpik and Niskanen wear tshirts with a Weagle with a barbell hung on the bottom of it. I would love one of those but haven't seen them on the website. Am I missing it?

CapsDC

May 2, 2018

I bought "The Save" shirt and the "Fight for Ol DC" one which has Willy pummeling the crap out of that Tampa guy. I hope I don't jinx them but super excited to wear one to the parade. Wait I didn't mean to say that, game face back on...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad