OT: Everything but Super C poutine thread

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
That website has McDonald's poutine rated higher than Frite Alors! and Patati Patata. LOL

Give the guy credit for putting his health on the line to inform us. :laugh:

I'm surprised Ashton is at the top of his list. Don't get me wrong, I grew up on that poutine and love their cheese and gravy but the fries are a bit softer than I like.

It's all a matter of preference, of course.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Give the guy credit for putting his health on the line to inform us. :laugh:

I'm surprised Ashton is at the top of his list. Don't get me wrong, I grew up on that poutine and love their cheese and gravy but the fries are a bit softer than I like.

It's all a matter of preference, of course.

Until we create some sort of advanced statistics tracking system for poutine...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Try Philly Steak Poutine at Elgin Street Diner and then talk to me!

Not to divert the subject too much ... but, is that a great place for Philly steak on its own? Are there others that replicate Philly steaks fairly well?

ottawahabs

Jul 22, 2013
Have you tried Philly steak poutine at Elgin Street Diner (Ottawa)? My personal favourite of all the Poutine's tried in Quebec and Ontario. And I have had a lot of poutine in my lifetime thus far, no stroke or heart attack yet.

I've had a poutine there, but i took an onion ring poutine... Big mistake, as great as onion rings are, they get soggy and gross in poutine.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
No poutine in norway :( only tried the poutine at Pizza Pita in Montreal. It was good :)

But....you can make your own poutine !!! And then spread the good word all around Europe

All you need are fries , cheese and gravy sauce. Your first attempt may not be the best but experiment my friend. There are as many ways to make a poutine as there are stars in the universe :D

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
That website has McDonald's poutine rated higher than Frite Alors! and Patati Patata. LOL

Amazing. Frites Alors is probably my favourite that I've had. I'm not a huge poutine eater, but every now and then I do want one.

McDonalds, though? Their fries are okay for what they are, but it's a terrible poutine.

Johnny B Good

Sep 21, 2011
But....you can make your own poutine !!! And then spread the good word all around Europe

All you need are fries , cheese and gravy sauce. Your first attempt may not be the best but experiment my friend. There are as many ways to make a poutine as there are stars in the universe :D

thank you for your advise, poutine sensei :)

franck50

Nov 19, 2011
Top 3 poutine on the Montreal south shore :

1. Alpha - Longueuil on Chemin Chambly
2. Dunn's Smoke meat poutine - Boulevard Taschereau
3. Mr. Patates - Varennes

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeh i'm kind of a foodie and i realized that as i was typing. Most dishes worth mentioning go through the process.

Yep, I'm a Thai lover, and eating home-made Thai food is nothing compared to Thai Express or similar food chains. (And I love Thai Express:laugh:)

Puck, I love food, stop, MY GAINS.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Vincent's sucks and italian poutine is a crime against humanity.

I can't agree with this enough.

Yep, I'm a Thai lover, and eating home-made Thai food is nothing compared to Thai Express or similar food chains. (And I love Thai Express:laugh:)

Puck, I love food, stop, MY GAINS.

I miss Thai Express. Every time I'm back in Canada I end up going to one. It's not Thai food, but it's amazing.

Analyzer*

No poutine in norway :( only tried the poutine at Pizza Pita in Montreal. It was good :)

Make your own.

Put cheese on the empty plate. It helps to have cheesey goodness throughout the poutine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad