OT: Everything but Super C poutine thread

PricePkPatch*

Any thoughts? My GUY keeps telling me it's the best but I just don't KNOW

Okay. Who is your "guy" and how much does he knows about poutine?

I am a bit dubious, but I'll keep an open mind. We may never know; it's possible that one day, somehow, poutine might be bought in grocery stores.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Ever since poutine has caught on to non-québecois people, the sense of what a truly good poutine is seems to have wavered.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Rimouski, summer of 1992... I still dream about that poutine. Best I ever had and I had my fair share of excellent poutines.

PricePkPatch*

Yeh i'm kind of a foodie and i realized that as i was typing. Most dishes worth mentioning go through the process.

TRying to think of the greatest barstardization of ethnic dishes. Maybe Pizza? Also, I guess chinese-style fried chicken became General Tso chicken..

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Dic Ann's poutine /thread

Nope.

What about this Super C poutine? Is it like frozen poutine? I don't think they serve hot meals in store...

If it's frozen, then it should look like this
pout.jpg

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Benny`s is pretty good but it would be even better if they had the Belle Province fries. Always wanted to take a ride to Drummondville where it all began.

Super C poutine......just doesnt sound right.

PricePkPatch*

Benny`s is pretty good but it would be even better if they had the Belle Province fries. Always wanted to take a ride to Drummondville where it all began.

Super C poutine......just doesnt sound right.

I don't mind Benny's fries. They are not as good as La Belle Province, but they are quite serviceable for anything you wanna do with them. Unlike, say, St-Hubert or McDonald's fries.

PricePkPatch*

Benny's poutine...

tumblr_lcxe9azA1P1qbj46wo1_400.gif

Their chicken is just perfect for their poutine. 100% agreed.
And their sauce is just.. AWESOME...

...damn, must keep my diet
must keep my diet
must keep my diet
must keep my diet...

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I had some poutine from a restaurant called Ogusta in Sorel. Big hand-made fries, Chalifoux cheese curds and home-made sauce.

Had the "Special" variety with Bacon, Ham & Smoked Meat.

It was the most awesome thing I've ever tasted. The sauce tastes like QUALITY if that makes any sense.

If any of you come to this area, it's downtown on Augusta street.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Have you tried Philly steak poutine at Elgin Street Diner (Ottawa)? My personal favourite of all the Poutine's tried in Quebec and Ontario. And I have had a lot of poutine in my lifetime thus far, no stroke or heart attack yet.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
TRying to think of the greatest barstardization of ethnic dishes. Maybe Pizza? Also, I guess chinese-style fried chicken became General Tso chicken..

Theres always Nachos! They were originally made by some Mexican bartender who wanted to entertain his american lady guests so right from the start they werent really mexican. Originally they were home-made dried tortillas + cheese + jalapenos. Now you got Nachos Grande.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
The poutine at Lachine Arena (not Lachine Arena restaurant, the actual arena) has a very solid poutine. I enjoy it whenever I go to see the Maroons play.

PricePkPatch*

I prefer Dairy Queen's poutine. They call it the Ice Poutine... ;)

I gotta try it someday. Actually looks good. What is is, again? Waffles for fries, chocolate sauce for the Brown sauce and marshmallows for the cheese curds?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad