OT: Everybody needs a little like in their life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Thanks all for the compliments :oops:

When I started traveling by myself the pics were indeed ordinary vacation pics, then as the places became more special and I got more experience and better cameras (some experts in my family helped), pics started to be better as well. Now I have a very good mirrorless camera (nothing pro tho) and a couple of damn good lenses. It's funny to think that twelve years ago it took nm one sec to shoot and now it can take a hour or more if I'm not pleased with the light. Lol...
But I guess than diving and photography skills come together when you have the travel bug ;)

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Thanks all for the compliments :oops:

When I started traveling by myself the pics were indeed ordinary vacation pics, then as the places became more special and I got more experience and better cameras (some experts in my family helped), pics started to be better as well. Now I have a very good mirrorless camera (nothing pro tho) and a couple of damn good lenses. It's funny to think that twelve years ago it took nm one sec to shoot and now it can take a hour or more if I'm not pleased with the light. Lol...
But I guess than diving and photography skills come together when you have the travel bug ;)
People over rate the camera. All cameras today can take excellent pictures. It's a skill to learn how to use one. Anybody ever watch Joe Bonamassa and think, "wow I wonder what guitar he's using"? ;)

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Mood immediately post leg day:

tumblr_p3fkfam22j1ud9y8vo1_500.gif

Mood the day after:

7702773622_a350fa7a07_o-100683757-primary.idge.jpg

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Has anyone else been suffering from the issue, where HF randomly logs you out? For example, sometimes it happens after some time has passed, sometimes when I'm posting, HF forces me to log in again before I submit. Sometimes I get an automatic log out, when I leave a thread to browse a forum...

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Has anyone else been suffering from the issue, where HF randomly logs you out? For example, sometimes it happens after some time has passed, sometimes when I'm posting, HF forces me to log in again before I submit. Sometimes I get an automatic log out, when I leave a thread to browse a forum...
I haven't, but I've read of others having the problem. I do find that sometimes I do not get thread update email notices although it is quite random. Sometimes it's the next day when I realize I missed a days worth of posts (many) in a give thread. Don't know what's up with that.

Reactions: Opak

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I have in the past. I haven't had this problem for at least six months. Having said that, tomorrow I probably will need to log in again.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Yes (and I mean constantly, I would need to log back in pretty much every time I click or do anything, several times per minute), but only if I don't select the "Stay logged in" option. Sucks if you use a public/somebody else's computer. Never had this issue with the old boards.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yes (and I mean constantly, I would need to log back in pretty much every time I click or do anything, several times per minute), but only if I don't select the "Stay logged in" option. Sucks if you use a public/somebody else's computer. Never had this issue with the old boards.
Hey, but aren't you glad HF has a twitter account? At least they're focusing on the important stuff. ;)

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
^ Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just have to manage somehow... :help:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
People over rate the camera. All cameras today can take excellent pictures. It's a skill to learn how to use one. Anybody ever watch Joe Bonamassa and think, "wow I wonder what guitar he's using"? ;)

Depends, when you shoot with a so so lens on an entry level APC camera and finally you pass to a semi-pro full frame ML you SEE the difference :D

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Depends, when you shoot with a so so lens on an entry level APC camera and finally you pass to a semi-pro full frame ML you SEE the difference :D

its mostly the glass. ive invested so much in glass over the years. but newer DSLR sensors have improved though, so I'll give them that. heck I've stopped using my 1D III. I've just been using my rebel.

this was shot handheld, with a Rebel SL1
34180140791_871843cc52_b.jpg

this was also handheld, just outside the Mirage
33469348144_4de02915d3_b.jpg

I have steady hands. Been years in the making ;)

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Car 1: I have a great idea, lets go out with small kids in a car safari park with dangerous predators.
Car 2: Filming and laughing and not a single attempt to signal idiots in first car to stay inside car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad