Every Time Danny Cleary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nice Red Herring. You wasted your time typing up. My point is bringing up the "stacked roster" argument is crap. He scored 26 goals on an arguably thinner roster. A stacked roster has little to do with his production.

It's not fair that you brought up Draper's seasons at age 36, 37, and 38 on those stacked rosters. That was my point. Especially with the way Cleary is playing at 34. Stacked rosters can help players out a lot. See Jason Williams. Regardless or not if you want to argue about the roster he played on in his 26 goal season, I think we could both agree he has declined considerably since 2010-2011. You know I criticize him a lot but I respected his willingness to battle and fight for pucks and do the dirty work. It's just to the point where it has worn him down so much his body is shutting down.

CloneHakanPlease*

Preview

Last edited by a moderator:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I fugure that gift goal he got from Pavs is good for another 20 games on top 6

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Dan Cleary on HNIC After Hours 3/16/13

This belongs in here.

This interview is part of why it pains me that I just don't want him anywhere near the team anymore. His play has improved with him back on the third line, but I just don't think he has anything left and I am afraid they will re-sign him. A great dressing room guy, clearly popular with not only his team but players around the league. It has been a pleasure for the most part having him these years, but the time is up and I hope we turn the page.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If today's practice was any indication, then we're going to see Cleary back in the top 6 Friday night.

Brunner and Cleary switched lines.

Miller looked good with Z and Fil during the Vancouver game I believe it was? Why not just give that another try first?

Enter the "the 4th lines playing to well to be broken up" BS.

RedWingsNow*

If today's practice was any indication, then we're going to see Cleary back in the top 6 Friday night.

Brunner and Cleary switched lines.

Miller looked good with Z and Fil during the Vancouver game I believe it was? Why not just give that another try first?

Enter the "the 4th lines playing to well to be broken up" BS.

Babcock wants some grit on his line. Since FLip is the other winger, I don't blame him.

Would prefer, though, that Brunner played with Datsyuk.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Babcock wants some grit on his line. Since FLip is the other winger, I don't blame him.

Would prefer, though, that Brunner played with Datsyuk.

Dan Cleary is not gritty though.

If it were 2009 I'd be all for it, but now he's too slow to forecheck effectively, too weak to win board and puck battles, and too unskilled to play a puck possession game.

He's not gritty and he's not good defensively anymore. These are just excuses people are throwing out there to explain Babcock's decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad