Player Discussion Evander Kane - Part 4

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I am rooting for Carolina to get desperate.

1st+McKeown+Cond Pick

Pleeeeeeease

Yeah it'd be great to pluck a 1st and/or defensemen from Carolina. I think they're too early in their development to be buyers this season, though. I'm hoping for Calgary, whose defense prospects I drool over, too. Calgary is pretty young but at least has been in to the playoffs more recently.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Interesting choice of words, calling him selfish. Probably nothing to it though. Everyone has fights in practice. Everyone gets their clothes thrown in the shower by teammates. Everyone gets investigated for sexual battery and arrested. Everyone has warts afterall. No worries. Now let's go win some games boys.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
This incident means nothing, I get upset with my Co workers too, and say and do things I shouldn't. This is nothing really, if anything, a team like this looking for any kind of spark at all might latch onto this and take it out on their next opponent.

Kane with two goals Thursday. Night, with Falk getting a primary and secondary on them....that's how you respond.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Interesting choice of words, calling him selfish. Probably nothing to it though. Everyone has fights in practice. Everyone gets their clothes thrown in the shower by teammates. Everyone gets investigated for sexual battery and arrested. Everyone has warts afterall. No worries. Now let's go win some games boys.
interesting choice a day after Housley decides to go after the players in the media calling them greedy and too focused on points

I know someone in a contract year that might fit that description

snopro31

Apr 21, 2007
MANITOBA
haha. went to high school with falk. unless he's toughened up a bit kane would have beat him to the ground with one hand

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Calgary Flames Prospect Report: Rasmus Andersson not far from the NHL - Sportsnet.ca

Since the topic of Flames prospects came up...

REASON FOR OPTIMISM

Juuso Valimaki, 19, D, Tri-City Americans
Drafted: First round, 16th overall, 2017
Season to date: 19 GP | 5 G | 15 A | 20 PTS | +6
The Finnish defenceman continues to be a point-a-game player as he was last year in Tri-City.
However, injuries have limited his effectiveness this season, including at the world juniors where the Finnish captain had a goal and three assists in five outings.
He immediately flew back to Calgary to get checked out by doctors who advised him to take several weeks off before returning to the WHL.
With his poise and size, Valimaki is a cinch to be a top-four defenceman in Calgary in the next couple years.
AHL STOCKTON HEAT

Rasmus Andersson, 21, D
Drafted: Second round, 53rd overall, 2015
Season to date: 29 GP | 4 G | 17 A | 21 PTS | +14
The Swedish rearguard just got an AHL all-star team nod as part of a solid start that has seen him help spearhead the Stockton Heat’s impressive record.
He has distanced himself from fellow second rounder Oliver Kylington, who is also having a solid season. The overwhelming feeling of those close to the team figure Andersson won’t be in the AHL much longer – he’s been that good.
Oliver Kylington, 20, D
Drafted: Second round, 60th overall, 2015
Season to date: 30 GP | 2 G | 16 A | 18 PTS | +5
Off last weekend with the flu, the left-handed shooting blueliner earned AHL all-star consideration, but ultimately wasn’t named to the team.
A great skater with solid offensive skills who also kills penalties, he’s a big reason why the Stockton Heat have continued to win with a great defensive corps that has had to overcome the loss of four significant forwards to the Flames.
Tyler Wotherspoon, 24, D
Drafted: Second round, 57th overall, 2011
Season to date: 33 GP | 4 G | 16 A | 20 PTS | +20
Wotherspoon refuses to be written off as a legitimate candidate to be one of the next Flames call-ups. Resurrected his stock this year with a solid campaign in Stockton where he’s just one point behind Andersson amongst defensive scoring leaders and sits an impressive plus-20.
NCAA
Adam Fox, 19, D, Harvard University
Drafted: Third round, 66th overall, 2016
Season to date: 11 GP | 0 G | 10 A | 10 PTS | +2
Third in scoring at Harvard as a hotshot sophomore defenceman, Fox was one of the best defencemen at the world juniors where the American played a prominent role for the bronze-medalists with one goal and four assists in seven games.
A skilled power play demon whose playmaking skills were on display throughout the tourney in Buffalo, he also played key roles defensively.
In short, the total package.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I wanted Andersson with the pick we traded for Lehner or the pick we traded for ROR....

Kane for Andersson is my favorite potential deadline deal.

Why not get greedy while they're high on Fox and ask for Andersson and Kylington? We need the depth

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Why not get greedy while they're high on Fox and ask for Andersson and Kylington? We need the depth

Calgary is in a good spot to trade away a RHD prospect, but even so I don't think I'd want to trade away 2 of the 3 if I were Treliving. I think one of them (preferably Andersson) and some exchange of picks is more realistic.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
A piece from known Kane detractor Damien Cox.

Here’s the problem with Evander Kane.

When he was drafted, he was viewed as a prototypical power forward. A new era Cam Neely.

That was 2009. And that’s the problem. It’s not 2009 anymore. Kane brought the skill set to the NHL, and then the NHL changed around him.

Power forwards, players who can hit and fight and bang bodies and create havoc, well, they’re just not in vogue right now. Maybe they never will be again, at least not to the same extent they were. The game has changed that dramatically in less than a decade. The “intangibles” that used to enhance the value of such players, particularly the intimidation factor and the ability to “wear down” the opposition, aren’t weighted as heavily any more.

So it’s an intriguing question as to what teams might give up for Kane. The smart ones will evaluate him and offer a price based on what he does, rather than what he was projected to be able to do before the NHL changed on him.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
A piece from known Kane detractor Damien Cox.

Here’s the problem with Evander Kane.

When he was drafted, he was viewed as a prototypical power forward. A new era Cam Neely.

That was 2009. And that’s the problem. It’s not 2009 anymore. Kane brought the skill set to the NHL, and then the NHL changed around him.

Power forwards, players who can hit and fight and bang bodies and create havoc, well, they’re just not in vogue right now. Maybe they never will be again, at least not to the same extent they were. The game has changed that dramatically in less than a decade. The “intangibles” that used to enhance the value of such players, particularly the intimidation factor and the ability to “wear down” the opposition, aren’t weighted as heavily any more.

So it’s an intriguing question as to what teams might give up for Kane. The smart ones will evaluate him and offer a price based on what he does, rather than what he was projected to be able to do before the NHL changed on him.

This guy just hates Kane eh. Kane is having his best year and Kane is a great skater.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Using the Hanzal and Ladd trades as the best/only comparison trades in recent years, we will likely have to add a prospect to Kane to get us the 1st round pick. Let's hope there's a team who's high on Baptise or someone of that ilk.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Hanzal, White, and 4th for 1st, 2018 2nd, 2019 conditional pick (high as 2nd).

Ladd, Frazier, Harrison for 1st, Dano, conditional 2018 pick.

I think you're right.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Canadian media doing their absolute best to paint Kane in the selfish bad teammate light again, it’s embarrassing.

Edit: They we’re making a big deal over his latest Instagram post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad