Player Discussion Evander Kane - Part 4

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
This guy just hates Kane eh. Kane is having his best year and Kane is a great skater.

Tough to take the guy seriously when you know he has a bias against Kane, and then to see him write his article, it's even funnier to me. It seems to me Kane has really improved as a teammate, even with that little tussel with Falk(which is good to see btw). The problem with Kane is what will hold him back from being a 1st line impact player, his decision making. Otherwise, he has the tools to be a 1st line player. He has the physical play, he has the speed, and the work ethic. If we had a better cast of wingers on the Sabres I would be all for signing Kane back. The issue is that as a guy who plays the minutes he does, we can't afford to have him in the lineup to make the decisions he does. If we had better wingers we could possibly overlook his possession killing decisions, as we might have the other wingers to cover up for his mistakes.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
If Anaheim lose today they should be pretty desperate for help, let Kane be their season savior for a nice little package or Larsson.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Return for Kane will be a 1st, a good prospect, and a conditional pick based on either the team re-signing him, or them making it deep into the playoffs.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If Anaheim lose today they should be pretty desperate for help, let Kane be their season savior for a nice little package or Larsson.

I very much doubt Larsson would be on the table. But I do wonder if they'd do something like a 1st + Mahura, even if we have to add at the margins.

Thundr70

Jul 17, 2014
Jackets get
Bonino + Aberg

Nashville gets
Jack Johnston

To Sabers
Jack Johnson + Sissons and 2nd
For Kane

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Bean + 1st for Kane

Carolina could really use Kane
No way they give up both for Kane... They need a center more than anything.

1st+McKeown for Kane+3rd+late round pick
...may work, but not sure how much they believe Kane will help them reach playoffs. McKeown is a righty and is on the cusp of making it to the NHL it seems as well, which is something we badly need with Bogo always injured. Carolina would also probably want pick protection for top3 but in that case I remove the late round pick from the equation.

.... however I still think they would rather give up assets for Center than rental winger. And that is why in the Reinhart thread I proposed Reinhart for McKeown+Bean.

Reactions: Myers888

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
No way they give up both for Kane... They need a center more than anything.

1st+McKeown for Kane+3rd+late round pick
...may work, but not sure how much they believe Kane will help them reach playoffs. McKeown is a righty and is on the cusp of making it to the NHL it seems as well, which is something we badly need with Bogo always injured. Carolina would also probably want pick protection for top3 but in that case I remove the late round pick from the equation.

.... however I still think they would rather give up assets for Center than rental winger. And that is why in the Reinhart thread I proposed Reinhart for McKeown+Bean.
The Canes lost Aho for an extended time to a concussion maybe something like Reinhart + Kane for 1st + Roy + Fluery

I am sure the canes would never do it.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
The Canes lost Aho for an extended time to a concussion maybe something like Reinhart + Kane for 1st + Roy + Fluery

I am sure the canes would never do it.
I would think they would want 1 more piece if the 3rd piece is Roy, who even if he has posted good numbers since drafted is still 4th rounder. Maybe we could get a 2nd from them in a future draft or something like that. Kane and Reinhart should solve a lot of their problems so maybe they will be prepared to pay well to get them. Also they have capspace to re-sign Kane if they are interested and new owner opens the chequebook.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I would think they would want 1 more piece if the 3rd piece is Roy, who even if he has posted good numbers since drafted is still 4th rounder. Maybe we could get a 2nd from them in a future draft or something like that. Kane and Reinhart should solve a lot of their problems so maybe they will be prepared to pay well to get them. Also they have capspace to re-sign Kane if they are interested and new owner opens the chequebook.
It seems like Carolina and CBJ would make good trading partners with Buffalo

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Bean + 1st for Kane

Carolina could really use Kane

I don't think they'd give up either for Kane, honestly. The Metro is so competitive. Carolina is in last place and has the worst goal differential in the division. I have doubts that they're going to give up a prospect like Bean and also what may potentially be a lottery pick for a few months of Kane, who doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

FOUR assets for Kane?

As he was talking about the asking price for big scorers like van Riemsdyk to Montreal's TSN Radio 690 on Tuesday, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger revised what he reported last Friday regarding Buffalo's asking price for winger Evander Kane.

"If Buffalo gets a first (round pick), a prospect, a roster player and a conditional pick - which I was corrected on, frankly after I wrote that on Friday, they want a roster player in addition to the other three assets - for Evander Kane, a pending unrestricted free agent. If they get all that, or there's a belief they get all that, imagine what the Leafs might get for JVR, Bozak, Komarov or all three..." he said. "...but the 'own rental' philosophy is probably more likely given the Toronto Maple Leafs' position in the standings."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad