Player Discussion Evander Kane - Part 4

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Do you ever plan on the Sabres to be good ? Or can we expect Reinhart and Nylander to actually do something and lead this team some where. The fact we are 31st WITH Kane means he can not be traded. He's by far our best goal scorer.

Last 80 games. FORTY goals. 64 points. But right, let's trade a guy with forty ****ing goals in his last 80 Games for a late first and a B prospect. Yeah we don't need a 26 year old legit power forward who is by far the hardest working player we have even more so then RoR. Can't pay a guy who will be 27 at the start of his next contract 6-6.5 mil. We can use it instead to pay 6 mil to a 30 year old Ghostposo and 5 mil to mr zero points Moulson.

You give Kane 6 years. Give him 6.5 mil per. Limited ntc to entice him to re-sign here. Like moving Kane for yet more futures just prolongs the rebuild another year or two. Sooner or later this garbage franchise needs to keep its top players. This team is not that fast, not that tough and can't score. Kane excels at all those aspects. He isn't a 40 goal scorer but Kane will give 100% nearly every game, score ~25 goals a season while missing a handful of game seasons due to his power forward style and will score at a 30-35g/82 gp pace while doing so. It's just gotten so ridiculous reading things like Kane stifles offense. The majority of the people who hate Kane are ones who also thought Zemgus Girgensons could post good numbers on Eichels wing :laugh:

Trade Kane. We need to lose our best player right now who has 12 goals and 21 points in 22 games so we can give more ice time to Girgs and Larsson and the Other bum players we have. I don't want a ****ing late first round pick. I want to keep our best goal scorer who is 26. Again, 40 goals in his last 80 games. 40+ goal pace this year after more then 1/4 of the season is complete.

Yep, trade Kane. Let’s say he brings you a 1st. That’s a first that could be used as an asset in the draft or as a trade chip to bring in a good player from a cap strapped team.

Now let’s say his value is where you think it is, and we’re able to fit him under the cap with no impact on our ability to sign future players. Now, as a GM you just potentially added an asset long term and was able to sign Kane at the same time.

Do you think Toronto is regretting getting rid of their best goal scorer at a time of roster turnover? A goal scorer that is more consistent than Kane. A goal scorer that was on a very inept offense team when he was there.

There are many ways to improve an offense for a team that doesn’t necessarily rely on keeping your Best goal scorer. One of them is changing the culture of the team by improving the coaching staff. You do that, not only will you improve your offense, but you’re going to improve your overall team play.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Don't want a 1st rounder and a prospect. Get me one young dman who projects to be an NHLer next season, or at most needs another half season in the AHL. Good god, how long do you people want this 'rebuild' to last?

Give me somebody like Vince Dunn, I will add a draft pick or a prospect.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Don't want a 1st rounder and a prospect. Get me one young dman who projects to be an NHLer next season, or at most needs another half season in the AHL. Good god, how long do you people want this 'rebuild' to last?

Give me somebody like Vince Dunn, I will add a draft pick or a prospect.
As long as it takes to build a winner.

There are no bandaids. Just keep building.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Prepare to be disappointed. There is no reasonably recent precedent for this type of return at all. Unless we have wildly different definitions of “solid.”

Maybe. Think something along the lines of Borgen prospect. Decent ..with a shot to make it but certainly not guaranteed

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Prepare to be disappointed. There is no reasonably recent precedent for this type of return at all. Unless we have wildly different definitions of “solid.”
Eh, I think the Yandle trade from a couple years back is a pretty good comparison. He delivered two decent prospects (John Moore and Anthony Duclair), a 1st and a 2nd. The fact is that players of Kane's caliber, age and ability don't come up all that often on the trade market, especially not in the middle of a career season. There's no reason to think he won't return a 1st and a very good prospect at minimum, there will be a bidding war for sure.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Eh, I think the Yandle trade from a couple years back is a pretty good comparison. He delivered two decent prospects (John Moore and Anthony Duclair), a 1st and a 2nd. The fact is that players of Kane's caliber, age and ability don't come up all that often on the trade market, especially not in the middle of a career season. There's no reason to think he won't return a 1st and a very good prospect at minimum, there will be a bidding war for sure.

1. Kane isn’t a defensemen. defensemen return a premium at the deadline, scoring wingers don’t.
2. I guess it depends on your definition of “very good prospect”

Reactions: Jets2point0

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm expecting Kane to bring in a 1st, a close NHL-ready Prospect, a pick and a contract to eat(maybe we give a pick away.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
1. Kane isn’t a defensemen. defensemen return a premium at the deadline, scoring wingers don’t.
2. I guess it depends on your definition of “very good prospect”
I agree, and think the premium for Yandle is the extra prospect and the 2nd round pick. I can't even think of the last time a roughly 26yo scoring winger in the middle of a career season was dealt, having a hard time coming up with a parallel for this situation.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Still seems like an Andrew Ladd return is going to be around what they get. Given Kane‘s regular season inconsistencies when not in contract years, I’m OK with that. I’m still OK with not paying him what he’s going to get as an unrestricted free agent and getting some sort of future return .

Reactions: Sabretooth

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Late 1st and a prospect is so much more exciting than what I see out of Kane night to night.

Problem is, I can't see any scouts watching the game last night going back home with good messages of that trade. Just like the Flame's GM who came just to see Kane take stupid penalties in the waning minute to lose the game.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Late 1st and a prospect is so much more exciting than what I see out of Kane night to night.

Problem is, I can't see any scouts watching the game last night going back home with good messages of that trade. Just like the Flame's GM who came just to see Kane take stupid penalties in the waning minute to lose the game.

A penalty with 8 seconds remaining in a game you're already losing by a goal does not constitute "taking a penalty...to lose the game." We know you don't like Kane, but don't revise history.

Oh, and as always, trade values don't fluctuate game-to-game.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Please don't put this on the trade board. For the sake of everyone's sanity over the next 6.5 weeks.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
636105299923578088-1610436935_its%20fine.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad