Player Discussion Evander Kane - Part 4

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Yeah can we please trade Kane asap?? Our 31st ranked offense doesn't need him, dump this bum so we can sign another Okposo or Moulson for the same amount :lol:

Kane just keeps making you haters look foolish. But but Kane stifles offense!! HahahHah KANE IS THE ****ING OFFENSE.

this team is garbage. Straight garbage. It needs another Evander Kane not to lose him.
If we're 31st in offense with him, we can't really get any worse by trading him, right? No-brainer.

Reactions: Vito_81

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If we're 31st in offense with him, we can't really get any worse by trading him, right? No-brainer.

Do you ever plan on the Sabres to be good ? Or can we expect Reinhart and Nylander to actually do something and lead this team some where. The fact we are 31st WITH Kane means he can not be traded. He's by far our best goal scorer.

Last 80 games. FORTY goals. 64 points. But right, let's trade a guy with forty f***ing goals in his last 80 Games for a late first and a B prospect. Yeah we don't need a 26 year old legit power forward who is by far the hardest working player we have even more so then RoR. Can't pay a guy who will be 27 at the start of his next contract 6-6.5 mil. We can use it instead to pay 6 mil to a 30 year old Ghostposo and 5 mil to mr zero points Moulson.

You give Kane 6 years. Give him 6.5 mil per. Limited ntc to entice him to re-sign here. Like moving Kane for yet more futures just prolongs the rebuild another year or two. Sooner or later this garbage franchise needs to keep its top players. This team is not that fast, not that tough and can't score. Kane excels at all those aspects. He isn't a 40 goal scorer but Kane will give 100% nearly every game, score ~25 goals a season while missing a handful of game seasons due to his power forward style and will score at a 30-35g/82 gp pace while doing so. It's just gotten so ridiculous reading things like Kane stifles offense. The majority of the people who hate Kane are ones who also thought Zemgus Girgensons could post good numbers on Eichels wing :laugh:

Trade Kane. We need to lose our best player right now who has 12 goals and 21 points in 22 games so we can give more ice time to Girgs and Larsson and the Other bum players we have. I don't want a f***ing late first round pick. I want to keep our best goal scorer who is 26. Again, 40 goals in his last 80 games. 40+ goal pace this year after more then 1/4 of the season is complete.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Do you ever plan on the Sabres to be good ? Or can we expect Reinhart and Nylander to actually do something and lead this team some where. The fact we are 31st WITH Kane means he can not be traded. He's by far our best goal scorer.

Last 80 games. FORTY goals. 64 points. But right, let's trade a guy with forty ****ing goals in his last 80 Games for a late first and a B prospect. Yeah we don't need a 26 year old legit power forward who is by far the hardest working player we have even more so then RoR. Can't pay a guy who will be 27 at the start of his next contract 6-6.5 mil. We can use it instead to pay 6 mil to a 30 year old Ghostposo and 5 mil to mr zero points Moulson.

You give Kane 6 years. Give him 6.5 mil per. Limited ntc to entice him to re-sign here. Like moving Kane for yet more futures just prolongs the rebuild another year or two. Sooner or later this garbage franchise needs to keep its top players. This team is not that fast, not that tough and can't score. Kane excels at all those aspects. He isn't a 40 goal scorer but Kane will give 100% nearly every game, score ~25 goals a season while missing a handful of game seasons due to his power forward style and will score at a 30-35g/82 gp pace while doing so. It's just gotten so ridiculous reading things like Kane stifles offense. The majority of the people who hate Kane are ones who also thought Zemgus Girgensons could post good numbers on Eichels wing :laugh:

Trade Kane. We need to lose our best player right now who has 12 goals and 21 points in 22 games so we can give more ice time to Girgs and Larsson and the Other bum players we have. I don't want a ****ing late first round pick. I want to keep our best goal scorer who is 26. Again, 40 goals in his last 80 games. 40+ goal pace this year after more then 1/4 of the season is complete.
0 playoff games.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Re sign Kane and I’ll just stop watching hockey until he’s gone. He is that frustrating to watch. He kills all game momentum every damn time he gets the puck. He has not done a good thing this year that hasn’t been followed up by an equally bad thing within two minutes later

Reactions: lancaster14

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Re sign Kane and I’ll just stop watching hockey until he’s gone. He is that frustrating to watch. He kills all game momentum every damn time he gets the puck. He has not done a good thing this year that hasn’t been followed up by an equally bad thing within two minutes later
If you dislike Kane that much, you must positively despise the rest of the team!

Over the course of 22 games, Kane has been arguably the most consistent player on the team, and one of its leading contributors.

(Don't get me wrong; I hate the guy, but singling him out as the guy who must go, on this team, this year, is absurd!)

I am much more frustrated with Eichel these days, to be honest.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
If you dislike Kane that much, you must positively despise the rest of the team!

Over the course of 22 games, Kane has been arguably the most consistent player on the team, and one of its leading contributors.

(Don't get me wrong; I hate the guy, but singling him out as the guy who must go, on this team, this year, is absurd!)

I am much more frustrated with Eichel these days, to be honest.

I watch every game. Every time the puck gets near Kane there’s only two outcomes: a shot on net or a turnover.

His complete lack of ability to play hockey with others should be preventing him from ever playing in a top 6 ever.

But Kane and Eichel have some love fest and it’s killing this team.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
i don't think Eichel and Kane have a bromance but unlike in Winnipeg he seems to have friends on the Sabres in Eichel, Reinhart and Bogosian. Those 3 gave him an expensive gift for his 500th NHL game and the word was the night he got arrested in the nightclub for allegedly assaulting a girl Eichel and Reinhart were also there. No rumors of him being a problem in the room here.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
While I am not against inking EK to a new deal, he has no incentive to sign until the off-season. When he gets to the off-season, there is precious little hope that he'd choose to stay in Buffalo unless it's a massive overpayment compared to all other offers. Think 8 x 9mil.

If I'm GMBOT, EK gets traded soon while retaining the max amount possible and taking on a bad contract to make it worth getting some very good to excellent prospects and picks.

Worst case scenario... EK gets hurt and cannot play for the rest of the season.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
This is one of the first Big Botts decisions.
I like what he has done so far.
If he resigns Kane its a bad sign.
He has good wheels and jump.
But he handles the puck like a 3rd line talent.
He will disrupt any transition play with his bad passes and shoots a big volume
from bad angles to make him look good for all the Corsi lovers.
He doesn't belong on a line with a 1st line puck carrier like Eichel who should have the
puck all the time because he actually has the skill to make plays and passes
at 1st line level.
Its about his style of play and also his usage by coaches.
This team builds around Eichel and what does it say if you
are trying to compliment him with pieces that don't fit.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Is EK the AI of the NHL?

We('re) talking about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game...

For those of us who remember when the above happened, it's one of the sports-media classics, like Jim Mora "Playoffs ??!!??", and later Roger Clemens "He must have misremembered", Herm Edwards "you play to win the game", etc.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Is EK the AI of the NHL?

We('re) talking about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game...

For those of us who remember when the above happened, it's one of the sports-media classics, like Jim Mora "Playoffs ??!!??", and later Roger Clemens "He must have misremembered", Herm Edwards "you play to win the game", etc.

Don't forget 'I'm a man! I'm 40!!!'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->