Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There is room for improvement. He is very scary to watch. Exciting in every way. Ekholm is a perfect linemate for him
Sure he has turnovers, all D who try to make plays do.

The only reason people think he’s scary is by hyper focusing on his mistakes and not all the little good plays he does.

There’s a reason his pair spends very little time in the d zone

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I haven't see as many BIG guffaws from him. Nicely rounding out his game. A little more urgency here and there and I would be even more happy with him than I am now.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
But 3 months ago too many idiots on here were crying to trade him for scraps.
During the offseason I wanted to trade him for Rasmus Anderson but not one Flame fan, or Oiler fan for that matter, agreed Bouchard was worth that much and the thread got closed on the trade board.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That settles it. Give him the Siltanen contract.
Risto was one of my favourite Oilers when he was with us. Built like a mini tank with a howitzer of a shot. Will always remember he couldn't speak English and was trying to learn by watching TV shows at the time. First words he spoke and loved to speak were the Fonz's "Eh!" And then give everyone the thumbs up.:D

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
During the offseason I wanted to trade him for Rasmus Anderson but not one Flame fan, or Oiler fan for that matter, agreed Bouchard was worth that much and the thread got closed on the trade board.
Yeah, but that's because you do nothing but post nonsense for lolz. So it was right to close a nonsense thread

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Has really improved his gap control and pivoting this season, as well as his lateral skating.

Don’t see him get beat wide as much anymore.
Definitely.

We still see the odd blunder from him here and there, but it's hilarious seeing other fanbases claim that he does this all the time. Kind of funny that at 5v5 he has the 2nd best SA/60 and CA/60, 13th best xGA/60, 8th best SCA/60 and HDCA/60, and 48th best GA/60 of D over 1000mins played. He must just be getting carried by everyone around him and our goalies must be insane with how often he apparently makes horrific defensive mistakes according to other fanbases.

ELITE defenceman.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
this isn't a bad thing... the Oilers are incapable of winning a cup as long as Bouchard is on the team
We've got Nurse making $9.25 million, Ceci in the top 4 and Campbell eating $4 million of cap to ride busses in Bako and you choose Bouchard as the hill to die on for the Oilers cup chances? That is a piss poor take.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It is he is getting better defensively thanks to Ekholm he still has some warts but he is barely entering his prime, we are just starting to see the beginning of him
He seems to have the od game where everything goes to shit and he plays very poorly. He had one recently, can't remember who it was against though. Other than that the odd mistake here and there, but overall solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00