Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
William Nylander is not available.

I'm sorry but you have absolutely no idea if Nylander is available and what the price may be.

Why would you bother making a post like this when all it does it lessens the chance of any of your other posts being seriously discussed?

And I guess the biggest question, why did I bother responding?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If you aren’t willing to trade a good young player, why even bother being involved in a trade for one of the leagues best players?

I mean really? You wouldn’t deal Frost or Sanheim for a top 3 defenceman?

Insanity.

The correct answer is, "Not if you don't have to." So far, apparently 3GM's with permission to talk to EK believe they don't have to. Will one blink? Maybe, but as good as EK is, there is such a thing as giving too much value.

There is also such a thing as "market value" which is what someone is willing to pay.

So, I agree with OTT fans that they should get the best return, and can probably wait until the season starts. They can wait to the TDL if they want. As I have stated, I think offers won't go up (but they may, so why not?) and there will be locker room problems if EK starts the season as a lame duck, waiting to be traded. Sure, he can play through it, others can, too. But, the sooner this gets done, the sooner OTT can start building its next version of itself.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm sorry but you have absolutely no idea if Nylander is available and what the price may be.

Why would you bother making a post like this when all it does it lessens the chance of any of your other posts being seriously discussed?

“There won’t be much juggling because, before we even engaged in the process with John, we didn’t think it’d be fair to John to have him to come in and then suddenly have to lose those players that you’re referring to,” Dubas told OverDrive on TSN Radio 1050 Toronto.
“We went through a very stringent process internally where we went over and over it… to ensure that regardless of different variables that may interject themselves into this process as it goes along that we’re going to be able to keep that core of our team together while also remaining fairly flexible and be able to add players too."
yeah sure sounds like Dubas can't wait to get rid of him

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

If someone doesn't think Nylander is available or if they don't want to move Nylander they have a right to voice their opinion...

After all every single post on here that isn't a quote of a source is opinion and conjecture.

You also have absolutely no idea that Nylander is available... makes more sense to say he isnt available considering the players who put up his numbers at his age are a rare breed indeed.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If someone doesn't think Nylander is available or if they don't want to move Nylander they have a right to voice their opinion...

After all every single post on here that isn't a quote of a source is opinion and conjecture.

You also have absolutely no idea that Nylander is available... makes more sense to say he isnt available considering the players who put up his numbers at his age are a rare breed indeed.

Completely agree with that approach, or something along the lines of I don't think Nylander would be available for that return.

I was merely suggesting that absolute statements such as the one I quoted come off as arrogant and therefore lack credibility......IMO.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Probably not great, but here's my go

:starsacquires:
Erik Karlsson (with extension)

:sens acquires:
Miro Heiskanen
Mattias Janmark
Julius Honka
Jake Oettinger
2019 1st (top 5 protected)
Take out Miro and add another former first rounder, like DG, Tufte, Dickenson, maybe Hintz (high second round) and that is probably what Jim Nill offered. And why they were front runners at one point, and may still be after other teams fall by the wayside, balking at giving up their top assets, and not being able to match a haul (even though some say it is trash) of a roster player (Janmark, who scored 19 last year and is clearly top 6 material) and 4 first round picks, some quite promising. Not bad for a rebuilding team.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
My guess is the offers aren't that far off from trade deadline prices because teams think Sens have no leverage. Can't say I blame Dorion if that's the case.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Eklund says: "I am told the frustration is really starting to mount in Tampa regarding a lack of "creativity or apparent willingness by Ottawa to get on with this deal." Some are saying a deadline of this Friday has been set by Tampa, at which point the team will "make other arrangements to address their needs."

Some are saying. Stay tuned for Friday.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but this makes sense from a TB point of view. TB has cap-space, and Yzerman doesn't usually sit on that. Sooner or later he's going to try to improve the roster. We can't miss out on other opportunities for a trade that might not even happen, and, given Ottawa's crazy management, probably won't without taking on Bobby Ryan (which we can't do).

Reactions: the real 99

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
"Ottawa messed it up" is certainly one way to write "Ottawa didn't like the deal and therefore changed their terms." Since, you know, they don't owe Tampa a thing and don't owe them a Karlsson deal on their terms.

Sure. I was only saying the report that the deal was "done" might not have been as off-base as we're thinking. Ottawa might have backed off at the very last second, and, given this guy's accuracy in the past--the guy on our board; not the TV insider--I'm inclined to believe him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's referring to Still All In, not Robert. :laugh:

Yeah, no offense to Robert, but he's never really called anything. SIA seems to have a legit in, so when he says something, good or bad, I pay attention. He's not always right, but he's right more than anybody you see on TV. Those guys just make stuff up about TB, like the idea that we were gonna move Kucherov.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
But it's also Erik freaking Karlsson, and arguably he instantly makes Dallas a cup run favorite

Hard to make a fair deal in a scenario like this, but I tried
This is your problem. You tried to make a fair deal. One where Ottawa will come out on top or close to it. This will never be a fair deal and no team will give that much. I get it’s Erik freaking Karlsson but it’s called leverage and Ottawa has very little. You also are stuck on this notion that he is just going to resign with whatever team trades for him. He has made it clear that’s not happening. Which means Ottawa has even less leverage which means the return will be far less than your so called fair deal.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but this makes sense from a TB point of view. TB has cap-space, and Yzerman doesn't usually sit on that. Sooner or later he's going to try to improve the roster. We can't miss out on other opportunities for a trade that might not even happen, and, given Ottawa's crazy management, probably won't without taking on Bobby Ryan (which we can't do).
I agree, but it's apparently just Yzerman crying because Dorion is such a shrewd negotiator and won't give us EK for free. Lol.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
ottawa is getting almost everything from the leafs except for fabbro. What would the leafs need to add to replace fabbro and get karlsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad