Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread Episode V - If You Needa Post About Him, Do It Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
San Jose would be disappointing in the end.

Good amount of their star players are +30y already.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If you're Tampa, how often does a generational talent in his prime basically clamor to play for your franchise? If he gets traded for a average return and signs long term somewhere else it would be head scratching to say the LEAST.

Depends on the pieces involved, Ottawa's willingness to trade within the division (reportedly not very willing), and money factors, like whether or not Ryan's contract moves out with Karlsson.

If Karlsson moves for scraps, and Dorion says, "Well, we would have moved him to Tampa, but they only offered us Koekkoek," then yeah, head-scratching. But it seems like there's a lot more at play here.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I think Melnyk cares. Hes been very particular throughout this process. I can see him demanding he be traded out west and out of his conference so that his fans dont have to see him too often.
This is why I think he resigns almost immediately wherever he's dealt. He knows the talk that TB is where EK wants to go. If you know EK is going to probably end up there anyway, why not just accept it and move him directly to TB? Just seems to me that teams out West aren't going to offer much unless EK signs an extension. Why force the trade to the West for a year and take a lesser return because EK won't guarantee the extension?

I just want JB to swoop in and end this.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Burns, Jumbo, Hertl and Merkley for Karlsson, Duchene and Colin White? I might be crazy far off but I think thats helpful for both teams. SJ gets (Slightly) younger and cheaper, Ottawa gets some good building pieces and enough Talent on the team to possibly make somewhat of a run

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is why I think he resigns almost immediately wherever he's dealt. He knows the talk that TB is where EK wants to go. If you know EK is going to probably end up there anyway, why not just accept it and move him directly to TB? Just seems to me that teams out West aren't going to offer much unless EK signs an extension. Why force the trade to the West for a year and take a lesser return because EK won't guarantee the extension?

I just want JB to swoop in and end this.

Because if TB also knows they are a likely destination for Karlsson as a UFA, their offer is likely too low to compete.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Burns, Jumbo, Hertl and Merkley for Karlsson, Duchene and Colin White? I might be crazy far off but I think thats helpful for both teams. SJ gets (Slightly) younger and cheaper, Ottawa gets some good building pieces and enough Talent on the team to possibly make somewhat of a run
don't thnk Burns or Jumbo will be included

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

You know, there are a lot of bad proposals on this board.

This might be up there as among the worst I've ever seen.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Depends on the pieces involved, Ottawa's willingness to trade within the division (reportedly not very willing), and money factors, like whether or not Ryan's contract moves out with Karlsson.

If Karlsson moves for scraps, and Dorion says, "Well, we would have moved him to Tampa, but they only offered us Koekkoek," then yeah, head-scratching. But it seems like there's a lot more at play here.
What exactly is SJ gonna offer?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

What use would Ottawa have for Joe Thornton?

Also, assuming he has a NTC, why would Joe Thornton waive to go to a rebuilding team? :help:

Reactions: MasonL2862

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Doesn't make sense for San Jose. They want to compete now, with Thornton approaching retirement and Pavelski/Burns beginning to age and decline. Ottawa also should have no interest in Thornton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad