Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Point per Game, he already ahead of all D in a league. By the way, last year Norris winner is in a place #55 in D scoring :)

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
So his speed, skating, turns etc are incredible today.

Hes not mid season form but it was clear that his foot is not only getting back to normal but what I had been stating...it was a stamina and getting into game shape with no pre season issue.

He probably had to shred a few pounds on top of getting into game shape.

Glad to see him getting back to form.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Swedish interview with karlsson after todays game says he isnt happy bout the foot but will figure it out.

Was also mad at his mistake.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
I'm wondering if there was a little more pain management happening today
Was at the game today. I think he looked a bit uncomfortable in the first period and heard some more people that said he didnt look very fluid. A short shift especially where he played for just a few seconds and looked a bit sore before pushing on his legs and jumping off again.
But from the second period and forward he looked as good as new

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Was at the game today. I think he looked a bit uncomfortable in the first period and heard some more people that said he didnt look very fluid. A short shift especially where he played for just a few seconds and looked a bit sore before pushing on his legs and jumping off again.
But from the second period and forward he looked as good as new
He's a warrior which we saw in the playoffs last year... I just hope his current conditions is reparable or can heal and that he does not need to rely on "pain management" to be able to play the way he wants. If his injured ankle hurts when he plays its something that will keep happening and potentially could get worse..

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I am also afraid he is on injections. I was also at the game and read it as he played with no painkilling in first period, very short shifts...and few. Then played better rest of game. Or he is just slow to get going because of being unconditioned.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Point per Game, he already ahead of all D in a league. By the way, last year Norris winner is in a place #55 in D scoring :)

I was in SJ last week and saw the Sharks-Lighting, I can’t speak for the rest of his season before, but Burns was very underwhelming. Not dominant at all and hardly generated anything offensively and was pretty poor defensively. He was only noticeable in the warmup when he had his helmet off and his hair in a man-bun...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It'll still take Karlsson another 3 months before he's back to normal. Fully.

His skating is where it was in 2013/2014 where he started off the season abysmally.

The only reason he's still killing it in a way is because of his experience(he's playing positionally and not getting frustrated trying to do everything), the team's excellent success and the muchhhhhhhhhhhh better support-cast.

The thing is, even with his skating still this bad(relative to his skating in playoffs for example) he is still the best defender in the league easily. But in 3 months it'll be back to top 5 of all-time talk.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's a warrior which we saw in the playoffs last year... I just hope his current conditions is reparable or can heal and that he does not need to rely on "pain management" to be able to play the way he wants. If his injured ankle hurts when he plays its something that will keep happening and potentially could get worse..

Agreed. At this point, i just want Erik healthy. If he needs to miss more games, than so be it. Need to get that foot fixed so it doesn't become something he'll have to deal with for his entire career.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

As the great Bill Burr would say:

"Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh Jeeezzzussssss"

I mean it's the correct answer, he's not going to say : " I'll stay here no matter how bad we are , and I'll take way less money than I'm worth because... reasons?"

It's not going to stop the full on panic from setting in however amongst a lot of people.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
My mindset is he'll sign here until he doesn't.
Eseentially, he's got his moll and a bun in the oven, I imagine he doesn't want to uproot right now when the kid is just a tot.

On the other hand, if he does move, it can be a good thing (hear me out!) in that it will be a massive bitchslap to Melnyk and management and then we will have to rebuild, and become a powerhouse again within 3-5 years.
My pref is obviously keeping Erik here, and happy, but ultimately, I want a team that plays sterling defence and is about "team" before any individual player. So we'll see.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Do you pay EK 12 million if his ankle limits him all year and he does not want to negotiate during the season next year?

He's not giving the Sens and warm and fuzzies... I don't blame him for the stance but does he want to test the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad