Player Discussion Erik Brännström - D - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
After watching Mete try to QB PP2 this had to be done. I just hope DJ doesn’t play Mete and Brannstrom in the same game.

Chabot Zaitsev
Brannstrom Zub
Holden Brown/Del Zotto.

At least the top 4 can handle the minutes. Holden is more effective with lower minutes on the 3rd pair and PK.

Reactions: Bileur

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
theres a chance he doesnt even play because this wasnt a proper call up but because holden is in covid protocol
Why would they call up Belleville's #1 dman if they intend for him to be a healthy scratch for 10 days? It would've ben Aspirot or Guenette if they planned on doing what you're suggesting.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Why would they call up Belleville's #1 dman if they intend for him to be a healthy scratch for 10 days? It would've ben Aspirot or Guenette if they planned on doing what you're suggesting.
To scratch his back? He gets an NHL salary for those 10 days. That might soothe some of his supposed frustration.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I'm pretty sure sitting for 10 days and not getting a chance to prove his worth in the NHL will only add to his frustration.
Probably. He’ll be up $40k though :)

I agree they should have a designated sitter l if the guy isn’t going g the actually play. Where is Goloubef when you need him?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

we had brannstrom called up as one of the 5 guys during the potential covid scare. Your logic is correct but that doesnt apply to the decisions here

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What a waste of a Belleville trip. He loses three teeth, Ottawa sucks and then they call him back up.

Make up your minds. Keep him here and teach him or send him down till he’s ready in your eyes.

I just feel bad he lost those teeth.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
we had brannstrom called up as one of the 5 guys during the potential covid scare. Your logic is correct but that doesnt apply to the decisions here
They also called up Sabourin (who Ottawa has no problem putting in the lineup), Sokolov, and Agozzino, so judging by those names they were prepared to play all of those guys.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
They also called up Sabourin (who Ottawa has no problem putting in the lineup), Sokolov, and Agozzino, so judging by those names they were prepared to play all of those guys.

yes but also have no problem sitting those guys either which is the point i was trying to make that it wouldnt surprise me at all if brannstrom sits since this is a covid related call up and not a call up call up

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
yes but also have no problem sitting those guys either which is the point i was trying to make that it wouldnt surprise me at all if brannstrom sits since this is a covid related call up and not a call up call up
He'll be here for 5 games. It's pretty hard to imagine he sits for 5 games. I understand the trend on this sub is to think management is actively trying to screw over their young players or something, but it would be really silly to expect him not to play.

And this is a different situation than when they called up 5 guys. That was most likely for emergency reasons, and there's probably some rules that they can't play unless someone goes down with Covid. They can't just have 28 players on their roster and decide to swap in whoever they want.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He'll be here for 5 games. It's pretty hard to imagine he sits for 5 games. I understand the trend on this sub is to think management is actively trying to screw over their young players or something, but it would be really silly to expect him not to play.

And this is a different situation than when they called up 5 guys. That was most likely for emergency reasons, and there's probably some rules that they can't play unless someone goes down with Covid. They can't just have 28 players on their roster and decide to swap in whoever they want.

Correct. Those guys were called up as emergency players in case a bunch of players were sidelined with COVID last minute.

They were then returned once we had a few days off I suspect, as emergency call ups must.

Branstrom has been recalled because one of our D went down. COVID, injury, whatever, he was always going to be the first call up, and here he is.

His job now is to make it so that they can’t take him out of the line up when Holden returns. It’s his time right now to make this back end, one that he shown to have some serious issues.

I have faith in the kid.

Chabot Zaitsev
Branstrom Zub
Mette Del Zotto
Brown

We could even try Holden with Chabot as well (when he returns), though I’m not sure he can handle the minutes, and it would make the third pair even more suspect.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
What a waste of a Belleville trip. He loses three teeth, Ottawa sucks and then they call him back up.

Make up your minds. Keep him here and teach him or send him down till he’s ready in your eyes.

I just feel bad he lost those teeth.
snip-snap-michael-scott.gif

Reactions: Agent Zub

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Finally, now may he be a permanent fixture on the roster, something he earned for this season based off last year and there is no way JBrown, Zaitsev, Mete and Del Zotto played better then him in camp. Now if only Smith would play him on Brannstrom's preferred side but whatever, we'll take him just being in the lineup.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
Never want to see anyone in COVID protocal but a nice opportunity for brannstrom. Kid needs to make the most of the 2 weeks he has here.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Branny gonna get sent down for not producing while paired with Zaitsev or Josh Brown lol

I doubt that.

He'll actually get a nice assist but be a minus 1 and get sent down for not defending. The minus 1 will be the result of J.Bro blindly slapping a puck off his wingers shin pads and into our slot.

Pack your shit Branny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad