Erie Otters 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
What a joke of an officiating crew this evening.
The OHL finest. That second goal should’ve been waived off. I thought the whistle was blown and the goalie didn’t have 50% of his equipment.

The Messier check was clean. Absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: OttersHockey1968

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
The OHL finest. That second goal should’ve been waived off. I thought the whistle was blown and the goalie didn’t have 50% of his equipment.

I sit right above where Messier threw that check. Looked clearly like boarding to me.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

Im not sure the goalie equipment thing is a rule, only the helmet. A few years ago Andrew Maclean had to make a save with his blocker hand behind his back because he lost his blocker earlier.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Im not sure the goalie equipment thing is a rule, only the helmet. A few years ago Andrew Maclean had to make a save with his blocker hand behind his back because he lost his blocker earlier.

I believe it was the NHL blew it dead for losing a skate blade...Adin Hill.

I'd question the validity of that.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019

Mata

Mar 4, 2019

Please tell me how losing an entire arms worth of protective gear does not pose a safety risk...I will wait.

Horrid call by the officials to give one to the Attack.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Please tell me how losing an entire arms worth of protective gear does not pose a safety risk...I will wait.

Horrid call by the officials to give one to the Attack.
Especially at the junior level. There’s more emphasis on a mouth guard penalty than there is protection to a goalie who loses their equipment.

I thought they blew the play dead once his entire glove and stick flew into the trapezoid.

DubCee21

Nov 28, 2013
The rule referenced here is from Hockey Canada and is not the governing body of the OHL and therefore does not apply. The OHL's governing body is the CHL which is a not under the Hockey Canada umbrella.

In fact, there is no OHL rule that states play must be stopped for loss of equipment on a goaltender unless it is the helmet or skate blade although I would think ref discretion applies. According to OHL rules on equipment, this is all I could find regarding goaltender.

9.6 Helmets When a goalkeeper has lost his helmet and/or face mask or his skate blade and his team has control of the puck, play shall be stopped immediately to allow the goalkeeper the opportunity to regain his helmet and/or face mask or skate blade. When the opposing team has control of the puck, play shall only be stopped if there is no immediate and impending scoring opportunity. This stoppage of play must be made by the Referee. When play is stopped because the goalkeeper has lost his helmet and/or face mask, the ensuing face-off shall take place at one of the defending team’s end zone face-off spots.

Everything else under Rule 11 – Goalkeeper’s Equipment only refers to legal equipment and nothing about play stoppage for equipment loss.

DubCee21

Nov 28, 2013
Especially at the junior level. There’s more emphasis on a mouth guard penalty than there is protection to a goalie who loses their equipment.

I thought they blew the play dead once his entire glove and stick flew into the trapezoid.
There was a delayed penalty being called on Sova when the goal was scored, which caused the OS player to run into Fraser's arm as he was putting his paddle down. From watching the replay, the puck was in the net the same instance the glove was in the air.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
There was a delayed penalty being called on Sova when the goal was scored, which caused the OS player to run into Fraser's arm as he was putting his paddle down. From watching the replay, the puck was in the net the same instance the glove was in the air.
That’s pretty much what I saw as well. I didn’t see a safety issue but that’s just me….

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Glad we clinched a playoff spot this year!!!

We now have how many days to find a goalie to take us next season?

3 goals given up in about the first 11 minutes again...sigh

Reactions: onetimeshot

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
They need to make a policy on autograph day where you can only get 1 set of cards signed.

The first 2 people in line probably had a combined 20 decks of cards.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
They need to make a policy on autograph day where you can only get 1 set of cards signed.

If they make it the merch of the game and promo it for more people to buy additional decks, why not get them all signed?

The line moved quickly, but that’s the perk of being a season ticket holder.

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
If they make it the merch of the game and promo it for more people to buy additional decks, why not get them all signed?

The line moved quickly, but that’s the perk of being a season ticket holder.

Yes, it does move quickly but if you're going to get 30 packs signed perhaps as a courtesy to everyone there you get the first set signed and then jump back in line.

Malcom wasn't there because he reached his season max for signatures. What if other players are on the same stipulations?

We were probably the 10th people through, but to me why do you need that many signed other than to try and sell?

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Yes, it does move quickly but if you're going to get 30 packs signed perhaps as a courtesy to everyone there you get the first set signed and then jump back in line.

Malcom wasn't there because he reached his season max for signatures. What if other players are on the same stipulations?

We were probably the 10th people through, but to me why do you need that many signed other than to try and sell?
I had two packs signed and it looked like a huge deck. I don’t even know what I’m going to do with them. The person I attend the games with has a hard time standing for an extended period of time.

How does Malcolm keep track of how many things he signs? I think Malcolm is the only one limited because he has a contract through a sponsorship.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Erie fans, hospitality workers, and arena staff-
Thank you for a wonderful weekend !

Your hospitality, generosity and friendliness are second to none . You really embody the spirit of junior hockey fans.

Our Erie double header weekend is always a favorite with our fanclub .
Please come visit us sometime !

Till next season,
Your friends from the Owen Sound Attack Pak fanclub .

onetimeshot

Apr 21, 2023
Is there a Stan Butler card?

Is there a Stan Butler card? Wes Wolfe? Ken Peroff? and wait for it......

Dave Brown! :D

• Haha
Reactions: OttersFan and Mata

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
Ask yourselves how bad is the state of Erie Otters hockey? We’re now talking about trading team playing cards… Unreal

I’ll trade you a signed Dave Brown for a Sherwood Bassin.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Ask yourselves how bad is the state of Erie Otters hockey? We’re now talking about trading team playing cards… Unreal

I’ll trade you a signed Dave Brown for a Sherwood Bassin.
I think I’d rather have a Sherwood Bassin bobble head over a Dave Brown bobble head.

Reactions: 7D442

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
What happened to Schaefer and Terrance tonight? I didn't get home until late in the 2nd and neither player was on the ice from that point on.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00