Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
They don’t need extra goals. Samsonov needs to save the freebie first and third goal he allowed.
So he just needs to only allow one goal. Got it. I don’t know why all NHL goalies don’t just let in a single goal every game, it would be so easy!

I’m curious, why haven’t you thought that maybe it may be easier to have your combined like $50M players have more than 7pts in 17 games….?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m just here to hear how every other division sucks and that the Leafs, have again, got the short end of the stick.

Or did that already happen earlier?
The usual complaint is that they have to always play good teams. I mean if they want an easier opponent they should win their Division.
They finished 5th in the East and 10th overall. They should expect a tough match up given their regular season performance.
Now Dallas has a legitimate complaint!

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckG

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Watched TSN panel.
Dreger says "Marner was the leafs best player he scored one goal yes...but he didn't do enuf!"
Huh?
Mr.69 had one shot on goal. That's it!
Shutout in 3 of 4 games.
Still Marners fault.

I'd love to have Marner as a Bruin. We can mature him. There's hope for him.
He'd have to take a paycut of course😁

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So he just needs to only allow one goal. Got it. I don’t know why all NHL goalies don’t just let in a single goal every game, it would be so easy!

I’m curious, why haven’t you thought that maybe it may be easier to have your combined like $50M players have more than 7pts in 17 games….?

Because those players haven’t even played a full game together this series.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Leafs have two or fewer goals in 10 of 11 of their last playoff games.
That’s not a goaltending or D problem. That’s on the core 4 stars who are or are close to the highest paid players in the league.
I mean you don’t even need to compare them to Edmonton or Colorado.
They’re probably the worst performing core in the entire nhl.
Fairly certain Marchand has literally out scored all of them combined this series

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
The Leafs had Nylander for 1 game and then lost Matthews that same game.

The core 4 have yet to play a full game together this series. Obviously that compounds the issues.

The Leafs were the road team and underdog going into the series - and that was assuming they were healthy.
I want to point out that the leafs were better on the road this season than at home.

"But that's RS, this is playoffs and it's different!"

OK, then you also can't use regular season anything to prove a point for anything.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The excuses just keep percolating.

I mean blaming the 4 players who haven’t played a game together seems pretty unreasonable doesn’t it?

Blame the players on the ice, not the players who aren’t playing.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is actually a bridge/rebuild year for the Bruins. The bruins need a 1C and another solid winger before they can really contend. I don’t think there is a Bruins fan anywhere that has any delusions about what this team really is.

Telling us they’re probably going to lose the next series against a team almost all of think is better isn’t going to hurt our feelings. *IF* the Bruins somehow manage to squeak by the Leafs, then we shall see what happens. Win or lose, it will be another 1 to 2 weeks of playoff hockey for Bruins fans.

Oh I’m sure about that. I don’t think the Bruins have enough talent up front to win that series, but it could be interesting.
This^. I said I would be happy if they got to round 2....of course if they do I may want more.:naughty:

The Bruins were not supposed to be very good this season because it IS a bridge year. I feel the reason they do as well as they are doing is the leadership and chemistry. They play as a team, and all have bought in. The comradery among the players is a blast to watch.

GO Bruins !

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Habs went to the finale in 2021 : the Leafs didn't.

And yeah, it was Covid Cup. Covid Cup for everyone, including the Leafs, and yet they shit the bed.

Matthews is a generational talent for sure, but the rest ? This team is a joke. I'll take the Habs, now and for the future, before Tavares-Nylander-Marner for 32M$.
Hey, look, a Habs fan talking about the past. I’m shocked.

Easy there, cowboy. You’re the first team to ever finish in 32nd place.

• Haha
Reactions: BTO and CapSpace

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Been watching this series and was hoping for a nice long and exciting one, but woof, it's been painful.

Reactions: BHD

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Overall playoffs Marchand became the Bruins all time goal scoring leader last night.
Not too shabby considering the entire history of great players the Bruins have had in 100 years.
Which is just nuts to me. I mean I’ve been watching since Orr and to think Marshy has outscored players like Espo, Middleton, Bucyk, Neely, Bourque and even guys who used to have monster playoff performances like Hodge, Cashman and McNabb with their playoff longevity, I just can’t wrap my head around it. A buddy of mine years ago told me Marchand will have his number hung in the rafters…at the time, I said no way. I could not have been more wrong. His # is not only going to the rafters, he’s probably going to the Hall too.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
People need to give this up. It was a group of drunk kids in Maple Leaf Square after the Tampa series.
You're being disingenuous I work with a whole bunch of very grown up men that are life time leaf fans and had the same mentality. Just because they're home with their families doesn't mean they didn't think otherwise.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
This^. I said I would be happy if they got to round 2....of course if they do I may want more.:naughty:

The Bruins were not supposed to be very good this season because it IS a bridge year. I feel the reason they do as well as they are doing is the leadership and chemistry. They play as a team, and all have bought in. The comradery among the players is a blast to watch.

GO Bruins !
Exactly what the Leafs are missing. And the people clamoring for Tavares to loose the C and to make Matthews captain...

The C and the title Captain are largely figureheading. A good team has multiple leaders, and the whole 'He's the best player make him the Captain' is stupid. Also, people saying 'This is Matthews' team'... that's admitting that Matthews is a poor leader if this is what his team plays like and projects.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I mean blaming the 4 players who haven’t played a game together seems pretty unreasonable doesn’t it?

Blame the players on the ice, not the players who aren’t playing.
I'm not blaming the big 4 at all. This is squarely on Keefe. He doesn't belong in the NHL.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
People need to give this up. It was a group of drunk kids in Maple Leaf Square after the Tampa series.
Expect to hear it for another 10 years, people are not original enough to come up with their own jokes. I even asked them nicely in here if they could try and they said no :(

Seems like every page has a respect the handshake post. AHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA im wheezing.

Reactions: Just Rude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad